5.0 out of 5 stars So, you're interested in buying a pair of Beats by Dre?
Published 13 months ago by Zouille 71

3.0 out of 5 stars Base rich
Only scoring 3 purely based on problems with delivery. Nightmare, couriers wasted our time on 3 different days.
When the headphones arrived they were as shown and seemed to work well. I had to change some settings on my iPod and iPhone as the base was way too much for my ears to handle and my brain felt like it was bouncing. Once I turned the base down on my devices...
Published 1 month ago by Arrow

5.0 out of 5 stars So, you're interested in buying a pair of Beats by Dre?, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Sony MDR-XB400 Extra Bass Overhead Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I like to think of myself as a bit of an "Audiophile" My music HAS to sound good. My DJ speakers are FBT (at around £2000 a pair), my home speakers are Bose Acoustimass, and my headphones are Sony MDR-XB400. Yes, you read that right. Make no mistake, these Headphones are INCREDIBLE, and I don't even have to add "for the money" in that statement. I found these by complete chance in my local TK MAXX store at a mere £34.99. I'll be honest it was the Green and Grey colour combination which caught my eye, and I thought "I could do with some new DJ headphones" so went ahead and bought them.

I would have to say that my musical taste is eclectic to say the least. I listen to an awful lot of classical music, jazz, House, Drum and Bass, and these headphones do not disappoint on any level. The clarity and separation on softer passages are a delight, and when you turn them up, you're in for a real treat with the Bass response.

I actually carried out a side by side test with a Pair of Beats Solo Headphones (which I must stress are OVER 4 TIMES THE PRICE you can pick these up for) and was very pleasantly surprised to report extremely little difference in quality. It is a different type of sound, but I can honestly say they are on a par with each other.

In summary, if you want to go out and spend £150+ on the headphones which are "the in thing", look good, and are probably far more likely to catch a thief's eye, by all means buy a pair of Beats by Dre, however if you want to buy a quality pair of headphones which not only look good, but sound incredible, I can honestly say you will not be disappointed with these.

If I have to be hyper critical, the lead length of 1.2m may be a little restrictive if you are DJ'ing, but if you are simply looking for headphones to plug into your mobile device . . . . . I STRONGLY advise you to sign on the dotted line :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for gym if you are doing cross trainer, 29 Nov 2013
Purchased these yesterday from another offline store and have to say they are great! Strong punchy bass and light weight and reasonable grip preventing them to fall from the head. Do recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Nov 2013
I love these headphones as the sound is great and they are so comfortable!

The only negative thing I could think of is maybe the lead is a little short.

Easy 5 Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 13 July 2013
These headphones punch well above their price bracket. With the high street price at around £50 the £35 online price is a steal. They're stylish, light, very comfortable and provide the best insulation from exterior sound I've ever experienced in a pair of non-noise cancelling over ear phones. This is partly due to the use of memory foam in the ear pads. The build quality is perfectly adequate for domestic use but they probably wouldn't withstand a great deal of punishment on the road DJing or gigging. The phones are designed to fold flat for neat low space storage or transportation. Now to the sound quality - it's quite superb and exceeds many headphones costing more than twice the price (I exaggerate not). The frequency response is smooth and non-laboured across the range and the bass response is simply phenomenal; reflecting the 8Hz spec on the box. But at no time do they tire the ears even after extended listening. They also perform well across a range of musical genres from Drum & Bass to Classical; each delivering impressive sonorous bass and tack sharp treble responses. In fact I'm struggling to find fault with these headphones. They've received a good press and justifiably so. I'd get your pair while they're still available at this gift of a price!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice set, 23 Nov 2013
Bought for my grandson for his birthday he is very pleased with it. Keeps him away from my set, very pleased for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, lightweight & comfortable... oh and extra bass too!, 15 Oct 2013
This was an impulsive buy. And I only bought it because my friend showed it to me, and I simply fell in love with it. Sleek looks, soft on the ears, and huge headphones that completely covers my head and cancels out most of the ambient noise. I have been using this for around a month now and the music is just awesome. This is best for listening to thumping beats.
For those who complained about the XB400 not good for anything else apart from bass, here's my suggestion. Use an equalizer. I use the free 'Music Volume EQ' app on my Android. This way you can compensate for bass, and get good treble too. I have listened to subliminal meditation tracks and they are more audible than on my previous headphone.
The headphones are so light that I have worn them for upto an hour, and I haven't felt any weight either over my head or against my ears. The ear cushions are the best that I have used. Extremely comfortable.
Another thing is the tangle-free cord. Like the name says, it never gets tangled, because of the ribbon like shape as against the common circular cross-section shape.
Overall, an excellent value for money at the price. Go for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vert good perfprmance, 21 Jan 2013
Very good performance, lightweight and excellent value.
Base reproduction is excellent
1.2m cable is too short. 2m would be better

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 8 Mar 2013
Love the headphone better than beats audio and I have some people are wasting their money buying beats headphone, to get a good headphones you don't need to spend alot to get them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really like them, 6 Mar 2013
I have changed so many headphones that now i have a collection with unused headphones of all the brands. I bought these ones cause of the extra bass and are very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Jan 2013
Got these for my dads Xmas as he travels long distances to go to work and has had in ear head phones which are good but these are great, the sound is great and no noise leaking out!