4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story - shame about the glossary
As a long-term reader of this author, I have got a little bored with this series, and also the style of writing, where someone, usually the heroine, asks a question which is ignored for a page or so, then there's either an inexplicable sex scene or the hero talks over her concerns.
Published on 25 Sep 2008 by L. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not as good as Dark Possession.....
Published on 18 Sep 2008 by ROROBLU'S MUM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not as good as Dark Possession....., 18 Sep 2008
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Dark Possession seemed to be taking the Dark series into something a bit more 'believeable escapism' with a modern female lead and sex scenes that made me wonder whether the author had been reading erotica (I think quite a lot of the 'public-library auto-buy' authors e.g. Linda Howard, JD Robb etc are writing more explicit love scenes). DC has some hot, graphic, Ellora's Cave-type sex, but there are only 3/4 scenes, and the first one is some two-thirds into the book. Yes, there is a storyline and we see pretty much all of the characters from previous Dark books and catch up with their lives, but it is just a little bit too formulaic. We are introduced to some new characters, one of whom will probably be the lead male in Dark Slayer due out in 2009. Not a bad book all in all, great at the price from amazon.co.uk but not an absolute keeper for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story - shame about the glossary, 25 Sep 2008
L. Murphy (UK) - See all my reviews
However, Dark Curse was something different, and I loved it. Yes, it was CF's unmistakable style, but this time, Lara didn't bow down and take the claiming with minimal resistance, she fought and brought Nicholas to realise how special she was. The themes and plot were dealt with satisfingly and touchingly, and I enjoyed this book very much more than some of her more recent publications.
One word about the "abrupt" ending - it's not actually that abrupt, but there's an annoying glossary at the back of the book detailing the special Carpathian "language" that CF is so proud of. If you just keep in mind that the story is about 20 (unneccessary) pages shorter than the book, you'll enjoy the end much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars She's back!!, 19 Sep 2008
Ms. S. Daniels (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't often write reviews but I had to write something about this book. As an avid follower of the Dark series, I felt that somewhere along the way I wasn't as into the characters as I was when I first started reading the series. I think what Feehan has done with this book should be the template for the rest of her books in the series. A nice combination of a love story with Nicholas and Lara BUT also running with a plot that has featured in the last last 4/5 books. I read this in one sitting and had to say there was a particular action scene towards the end that was very well written.

If I have one criticism it is that the ending was too abrupt and it was obvious that Christine wanted to set up the scene for the next book in the series.

Well done Christine and I now look forward to the rest of your books in the series!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 18 Sep 2008
This is the first time I have ordered this type of book as an audio book, but it won't be the last - this audio book is produced like a play, with the use of male and female voices assigned to each character, adding a depth to the storyline. The storyline itself was fantastic! Not only is it the story of the main characters Nicolas & Lara, but we get a follow on to other characters e.g Raven's pregnancy and Shea's baby - I was disappointed with Dark Celebration, but this one does not disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best so far, 13 Sep 2008
I loved this book so much I felt I had to rate it somewhere. If you've been following the series and noted that the last 4 or 5 have been brilliant with the overall plot progressing nicely, then this book won't disappoint. There's a huge revelation that I'm sure most readers didn't see coming. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 9 Jun 2010
Kathryn Bowlin-mackenzie "published author" (Port Talbot, Wales) - See all my reviews
I have read all of the Carpathian novels and this was by far the very best of the lot. Yes there is the usual hot sex scenes, but this one explores the childhood of Lara and was done excellently so. I was sad when it ended.

For those who complained about the chants etc that were at the end of the book, do you really buy a book due to the amount of pages or for the quality of the book?

The only complaint I have is that Christine has changed the Carpathian words of love and such between life-mates. I loved the original words and didn't care for the change.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing-compared to the other Dark Series Books, 6 Nov 2009
Frances Holyland "book mad" (Hinckley UK) - See all my reviews
Having all of the "DARK" Carpathian books in my collection & which I have read numurous times I found this book "Dark Curse" very disappointing. I know that there must be a story line to any book but by the time I got to the middle I was begining to get bored. Although I'm nearly 64 (cough) I don't consider myself a prude in anyway in fact I enjoy the "sex" scenes in C/Fs books as they are part of the Carpathian way but while the other books built in the sex with the action, I found that this seemed to be all about the sex for a good 1/2 of the book and I had to push myself not to put it down & to carry on reading then I find that even with charactors from earlier books involved, C/F just squashed all the action into the last 1/4 of the book also there was no build up to the ending it just "finished" and you where left with a "is that it" feeling. Then we had 34 pages of the Carpathian Healing Chants & Language which are also in the back of her other books.(what a waste)
So this was the reason I only gave it 2 stars, because if I wanted to read 1/2 a book about sex then I would buy one, as to this book compared to the rest of the collection, well I feel very let down so I hope that C/Fs future "Carpathian" books are up to a better standard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting better - SOME SPOILERS, 30 Sep 2008
Amazon Customer (Cardiff, South Glamorgan.) - See all my reviews
I was pleasantly surprised by this book considering the last two made me wonder why I kept on with the series. I enjoyed the interaction between Nicholas and Lara and how he had to readjust his Carpathian male way of thinking. However, the men appear even more chauvinistic in this book which grated on me. Although the males with lifemates seem to agree with them about their right to fight, when an argument ensues the males with lifemates appear patronising especially as the women were 'treated' to their males fighting flawlessly as they didn't have to worry about them. Two other things that bothered me was the abruptness of the ending. Also, writing in the 'old language' was beyond annoying as, for me, it stopped the flow of the book especially when I had to go back to find out what the words meant! On the whole though I did enjoy it and cautiously look forward to the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars I for one fell in love with this series, 10 July 2014
I for one fell in love with this series. Each and every character plays a unique role. Intelligent, gripping and highly sensual. This series is simply brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark curse, 24 Jun 2014
Loved this read,plenty of excitement loved the story lines and u characters loved the way they all come together can't get enough of this series, highly recommend this series

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

[ SPIRIT BOUND BY FEEHAN, CHRISTINE](AUTHOR)PAPERBACK
[ SPIRIT BOUND BY FEEHAN, CHRISTINE](AUTHOR)PAPE
RBACK
by Christine Feehan (Paperback - 27 Dec 2011)
Used & New from: 11.97