5.0 out of 5 stars Not one for those romantic evenings
There must have been at least 2 kitchen sinks thrown at this one. Not being familiar with Devin Townsend's output I find myself strangely drawn to this album though. The choir on the opening track almost suggest we might be in for a Stevie Wonder sort of thing, but oh no. This is Pomp/Prog/Heavy/melodic rock of very high standard indeed, and I believe the word "Epic" has...
Published on 24 Sep 2012 by Big Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Devin Townsend Project release decent album.
Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud is a not too bad album, just not my kind of stuff. Personally found it dull at times but got great reviews from magazines so maybe just not to my tastes.
Published 23 months ago by DJSATAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Devin is awesome!!!, 6 Jan 2013
Gabor Bernat (Budapest, Hungary) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epicloud (Audio CD)
He is just a genious!!! And this album rocks!!! Grace is one of my favourites but kingdom is also an amazing remake of the oroginal song.

5.0 out of 5 stars hevy devy !!, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Epicloud (Audio CD)
again this rating for this guy keeps turning out genius....just one point about every dvd package....use larger print guys ??

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Epicloud [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Another great Devin Album, and how can you better listening to it on vinyl?

Arrived quickly and was well wrapped.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing album, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Epicloud (MP3 Download)
I haven't been a die hard DT fan in the past, but this album is just fantastic. I gave it a few listens on spotify and then bought it. The range of styles through the album is incredibly enjoyable, Devin is a genius

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Epicloud (MP3 Download)
Yet another brilliant album by devin townsend, the mans a musical genius, can't stop playing it since i downloaded it

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic soundscapes - truely memorable album, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: Epicloud (Audio CD)
Why did it take me so long to (re)discover this guy? He is a genius. Vast walls of sound, melodies, harmonies, power, 'Grace'. Instant entry into the Top 10 albums that I have ever heard, its that good.

Make sure you get the version with the added disc of 'demo's'

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Epicloud (Audio CD)
Great album. I love the version of Kingdom on this album, although the original version on physicist will always be special too. Get this album.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Much Style, 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: Epicloud (Audio CD)
I've been a Devy fan since his vocal work with Steve Vai. I have been through the fanboy stage where, in my opinion, he could do no wrong both in SYL and also his solo albums, then Synchestra came and my Devy bubble burst as that album did nothing for me. Since then his output, for me at least, has been quite patchy and now I like to think I can approach his music with a lot more objectivity than I used to. So, it gives me a warm feeling to say that Epicloud gives me that fuzzy feeling I used to get in the 90s and early 00s.

If you consider his Addicted album sprinkled with parts of Physicist, Accelerated Evolution and Infinity then you may get an idea of what Epicloud is like. It has taken the pop metal blueprint laid down on Addicted and expanded it sonically to a huge rock/metal reverberating expanse. The songs are fairly simple when you break them down, the main riff in 'Liberation' is pretty generic, but they have so much style and brilliant production work that such a straight forward song, such as the aforementioned and 'Hold On', is lifted to a new level. But if all the shine was stripped away would the songs still be any good? For the most part, yes, and most of them are instantly likeable as well.

If you're an old hat like me and Devy was becoming a hit and miss affair, then this could be for you as it is a mammoth sounding album that is a worthy addition to his solo work. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another sure hit from the DT cannon!!, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Epicloud (Audio CD)
Devin is my fooking hero. God bless this man!!

Life really would be naff without Devin.

Humbled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Epicloud (Audio CD)
I really like this album. It is like a wall of sound!

Epicloud