5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!
I didn't have high hopes for this, I bought it just to pass the time. But I was very pleasantly surprised by it, it was a great read, brimming with visceral detail and jam-packed with great set-pieces. The main character and supporting cast are engaging, and provide varied and interesting perspectives on the events in the book. I highly recommend the book(and its sequels!)
Published on 5 Jun 2012 by Willp

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, could do with an editor
I downloaded this to my kindle after it was recommended to me by Amazon. It's a very fast paced read and an entertaining story.

Published on 5 April 2012 by S. Chisholm

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 5 Jun 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, 7 April 2012
This review is from: Battle Earth (Kindle Edition)
I felt that the idea of this book was good and if you can overlook a few spelling mistakes then this is a very enjoyable read. I also felt that the author has been very creative in adding a new twist to this common alien invasion story. This, and the other two books in this series, are fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Battl Earth, 11 July 2012
D. L. J. Kite "kiteyzzz" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battle Earth (Kindle Edition)
I had a great time reading this book,I was fifteen yrs old when I discovered Sci-fi and never looked back. I now have a Kindle and have 6 of Nick S Thomas books in my collection,I also have the other two books in the trilogy. I highly reccomend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read if a liitle flawed, 26 Jan 2012
Mr. M. Hatherell "Mark Hatherell" (Vauxhall, London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battle Earth (Kindle Edition)
First I must have enjoyed the book because I have just brought the second volume. It is fast paced read and kept my interest up right the way through. The characters are interesting if a little one dimensional, a problem I have found in a lot of military fiction where character development is a poor second to action. The story is an old one but every invasion story has been since Well's wrote War of the Worlds so I don't hold this against the author. My only problems with the book are my own finicky little ones, vast amounts of military hardware are missing from the armoury, this seems like a major problem given that once battle is joined the Earth forces have access to vast stockpiles of old equipment. The aliens battleplan is pretty poor given they seem to have not only a technological edge but far superior numbers. And, finally, Richard 12th? Given this feels like it is set within the next century or so did all those other Richards only last a few months each?

5.0 out of 5 stars An Epic Battle For Humanity, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Battle Earth (Kindle Edition)
Nick S. Thomas' "Battle Earth" is an unforgettable battle that humanity faces against an unknown foe...hostile aliens. In remnants of shows like Battlefield Los Angeles or Falling Skies, this is a tale of encountering a hostile alien force. It starts out with these aliens annihilating a colony on Mars then trying to extinguish life that humans have set up on the moon. While the moon battle is being fought these aliens enter Earth and try to take over by eradicating all human life from the planet. Major Mitch Taylor is one such human that stands up and fights to save friends, family, and civilization. He, along with many like him, fight the good fight against an unknown enemy with unknown technology.

If you enjoy a first-rate Sci-Fi story, if you like a story chocked full of non-stop action, if you like a superior story period then pick up your copy of "Battle Earth" you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book. Very Good book. I loved read this book from end to end. Will have to get more books like this, 16 Dec 2013
Mr. P. C. Chaston (UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars My Review went walkabout, 30 May 2013
P. Brooks "Peter Brooks" (Manchester, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battle Earth (Kindle Edition)
Its Military Science Fiction Action! only lacking any realism of things Military and rushes over any science just to get to the fictional action, which is poor and confused.
Mr Thomas may have read a John Ringo book and thought "Corking! I can do that!" only really he cannot. His understanding of things military is woeful, I really do not know where to start and seemingly neither did he.

Really if I had spent any more than 2 on this I would have been distressed, as it was I bought this and "Starforce Ganymede" which I have abandond reading as his attempt at a "Bladerunner"/"Caves of Steel" Detective/Science Fiction Novel is just as poor as this Military Science Fiction effort. Normally I am quite pleased by the standard of self published books Andy Johnson's "Thunder in May" and James's Mace's "Legionary" series spring to mind but Mr Thomas efforts fall far,far short of that standard.

I had originally published this review in November 2011, but the product page went kerflewie and a new spanking page appeared with just one glittering five star review. might just be a technical gremlin however best just look at the paper back reviews before parting with your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fast read!, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Battle Earth (Kindle Edition)
Chewed my way through the trilogy of books in a trilogy of days while on holiday! Well written action sequences. Great stereotypes throughout the book! The self centred egotistical generals, the unstoppable indestructible hero and an vicious enemy that at first seems unstoppable and insurmountable but progressively show their weaknesses. Would make a great TV series! Character development and relationships in the book are minimal just enough so you know what makes each character tick and allow the story to carry on at a bristling pace. Definitely a fun read well written. I will almost certainly go back for another read through in the not to distant future!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, could do with an editor, 5 April 2012
S. Chisholm "jambo" (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battle Earth (Kindle Edition)

I'm not sure if the book is self published or not, however I believe the author could benefit from a good editor. Sometimes when you are writing - no matter how good a storyteller you are- you can't see the wood from the trees and so it is not meant as an attack on the author when I say that some things - such as minor repetition and the occasionally poorly structured paragraph - detracted from my overall enjoyment of the novel. With someone to point out the odd plot-hole/jump, as well as the afore mentioned writing criticisms, this story would, for me, be improved significantly.

I felt that the characters were like-able but could do with some fleshing out. The author's distaste for bureaucracy was apparent and I felt that the labelling of certain character types - for example, politicians - with less-than-endearing terms such as 'snivelling' or 'cowardly' when, at least in terms of the story, they were yet to do much wrong, jarred as unfair. The author would have, in my opinion, been better served by letting the reader form opinions on characters on their own. I also felt that the military dialogue was a little unrealistic, however having never myself been in the military I am only basing that on other books I have read.

On the whole, despite the above criticism, I really did enjoy this story and I am pleased to see there are more books in the series. Hopefully in future books I will learn more about the characters' backgrounds and motivations, as well as their fates.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great action sci-fi, 1 Jan 2012
Andrew Price (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battle Earth (Kindle Edition)
Set not far in the future mankind has a proper lunar colony and its first small base on Mars. Then the aliens come, they attack without warning, showing no mercy and taking no prisoners, there sole aim seems to be to claim earth as there own and exterminate mankind.

The story follows a US officer, a British officer and the resistance forces on the moon. The alien weapons technology is ahead of ours as is there body armour, which covers there full body, while overall a fairly one sided fight, they are not that advanced as to make them impossible to destroy. Lots of good hard hitting action and battle scenes, as mankind looses battle after battle.

Overall a great book, I cannot wait to read the next one.

Battle Earth