5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, small easy and just great - use with Myfitnesspal
This is a decent bit of kit, but used with a smartphone and an app (I, like many, use Myfitnesspal) it is awesome and I love it.

Published 13 months ago by D. L. Price

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery problems
Set up my Fit Bit Zip with out much problem and I'm no techi. I have had it 1 week and has really motivated me. Suddenly the screen has gone blank nothing. Looks as though the battery has gone just after 1 week. Very disappointing.
Have emailed Fit Bit support hopefully they will resolve the problem or relace.
Published 20 days ago by Jenny Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, small easy and just great - use with Myfitnesspal, 2 May 2014
D. L. Price "cider_dave" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitbit Zip Activity Tracker (Sports)

I had some spare amazon vouchers and bought this to try. I thought about getting a wrist band style pedometer, but I concluded the only actual advantages of a wrist version were a) it is waterproof - but does't record swimming anyway, so I don't care if it comes off in the shower/pool and b) it records sleep, but apparently quite badly and I can't do much about sleep anyway...so at half the price I went for this.

Physically it is pretty small (2 or 3 50p's in your pocket), comes in nicely rubberized clip to hold inside pocket and has no buttons i.e. no way for dirt etc to get in. It takes button batteries too (CR2025), which apparently last a few months and you can buy on amazon for pennies.

I love the tap to view feature, just tap it to scroll through steps taken/distance/time/calories/smiley face - the smiley face get smilier the more you do - only a gimmick, but I liked trying to see how big a smile I could get.

In terms of accuracy it's not bad. Sure it's not super accurate, particularly in terms of distance - when I go running my strides must be too long as over a measured distance the fitbit says I haven't gone as far as I have and I suspect when I shuffle around the house the opposite happens. However I think it's a pretty good estimate and in reality I don't think that's quite what it's for.

The idea is to drive you to up your steps and shame you when the day has been quite low and it does this fantastically, if the exact number of steps/distance is off then it shouldn't matter too much - if you want exact distances then get a GPS watch (I have one of those too...but they don't work indoors, or for extended periods).

The extra bonus is the MyFitnessPall app. These talk to each other on my iphone, in myfitnesspal you enter the food you have and can set calorie nutrition targets. it's great to see actually how bad/good some things are - it quite surprised me and just by changing little things (little less butter/cream/cookies) makes a massive difference.

The Fitbit talks to myfitnesspal and if you have done a lot of exercise gives you an additional calorie 'allowance' for the day.

Using this I've made only slight changes to my lifestyle/eating habits and lost 4kg in a month (from 80kg, so quite a bit) and am still eating apple pies, drinking beer etc

If you love keeping statistics, being aware of what you do and little techie gadgets then get this :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking about joining a slimming club? Get a Fitbit instead!, 6 Sept. 2014
Bought this a month ago to motivate me to move more.

I did a fair amount of research before splashing out - I was initially looking at the Flex, but wanted to be sure that I wouldn't just discard it as I have so many ordinary pedometers before... But this is well worth it.

This tiny piece of kit (and it IS tiny) will motivate you hugely. It clips onto your underwear and stays there - no slipping about like every other pedometer I've ever used before. The step count is really accurate and I'm confident about checking it in a way that I never have been before with inferior products. You tap it to scroll through different functions, including step count/distance/calories burned. All of those are great to glance at throughout the day.

However, the real plus is the website. Using a dongle, you can connect to the website and see graphs, charts and data in lots of detail to really make you move more. The app for tablet and smartphone (I have downloaded both) work via bluetooth so you can see a simplified version of your data on the move. But, better than all that, it syncs wonderfully with MyFitnessPal. You can input all of your food intake for the day, and it will automatically give you a calorie allowance for the exercise completed that day.

It is really making me move more and lose weight: I find myself planning activities to do during the day that up the amount of steps I have done, simply to get a "badge"! In the last five days, for example, I've lost 5lbs. Fantastic. Better than any results I've had before with a slimming club - and I've been to many!

5.0 out of 5 stars fitbit fit life, 18 Jun. 2014
I have never been so moved by a helpful object in my life, I combine its use with the 5:2 diet, and keep very 'honestly' disciplined, what surprised me was the accuracy of the wonderful fitbit, recording my calorie burning, and against the careful documentation of my intake of food, I have now successfully and accurately lost 1stone 12lbs and have a little way left to my goal! FITBIT HAS MADE IT SO EASY! LOVE IT !

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving the fit bit, 28 Jun. 2014
This is def making me more active, only downside is I grope my bra in public when I'm not sure if I've remembered to put it in there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit bit zip (USA), 20 Oct. 2012
Mr. G. MCCABE (Sunny Scotland) - See all my reviews
This little gadget is great
Way better than any other pedometer I've had
I'd looked at Fitbit for a while but other versions had pros and cons not least of which was having to charge them regularly on a base station, which prevented me from buying as I travel on business a lot. This latest version has a button battery which lasts approximately 3 months, problem solved and I bought my wife and I one each. our new fitness regime is great we are not at our 10,000 steps per day yet but averaging 6-7,000 after just a couple of weeks.
The only downside is that logging your calorie intake is a nuisance until you have put in your own custom foods as everything is American in the foods library. Its not enough to make me send it back but armed with this knowledge again I'd probably by a non-linked pedometer with accelerometer technology and no wifi, I'd just log the steps manually [some on the market record a week's data and I'd sign up for the free and British [...] which does just about everything the fitbit web site does. that combination would be much more user friendly than fiddling with the fitbit food log. Still gets 4 stars because of its design and the diminishing problem as time goes on with the software by adding favourites and custom foods using the calories listed on all food packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fantastic device, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fitbit Zip Activity Tracker (Sports)
This is a brilliant little gadget that has made me aware of how much and how little I move in a day. Plus the technical support is great and they send you an email each week giving you an overview of how many steps you did. Its very small and convenient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this. I didn't want anything on my wrist ..., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Fitbit Zip Activity Tracker (Sports)
Love this. I didn't want anything on my wrist so I chose the Zip. I decided to hang it around my neck rather than clip it to a pocket and it works perfectly. I wish the online instructions tell you to check your email after you've registered because I couldn't find the dashboard. It was only on looking at email that all became clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and makes you want to be more active!, 12 Feb. 2014
I've been using my Zip for 6 weeks now. I'm using it on an iPhone alongside the 'My FitnessPal' App and 'map my walk' app. I use myfitness pal to log food as you can scan barcodes etc, and map my walk for distance and time. All three apps can be synced together and if you've burnt more calories that the app says, the fitbit app automatically puts the difference on myfitnesspal.
I find it really does make me want to be more active. I have a daily goal of 10k steps, if i'm almost there i end up doing star-jumps or running on the spot to make sure I meet my goal.
Definately worth the investment if you want to get a little more active!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome little thing, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Fitbit Zip Activity Tracker (Sports)
Loving my FitBIt. It snuggly fits into the soft plastic thingy and they probably re adjusted the clip due to the complaints - mine is so tight I need to watch that I don't damage the bra when clipping it on! But that only means that in 2 years it will still be tight enough so that I won't lose it when the material starts to tire so I am giving it 5 stars, awesome little thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fatbit - Fitbit, 6 May 2015
I used to be a fat bit but not any more. I received this as a Christmas present and had a few teething problems with the battery which kept telling me that it was low after one day. The other problem I had was syncing the fit bit but to be fair it was my computer which was broken. I think it is fab, you can record your steps and at first I didn't like the walking but you get inspired to walk your 10,000 steps per day and I now enjoy walking. The other thing is the calorie counter which you record on your computer. This has also helped me because when I write down the food I eat it makes me more aware of my food. The only thing with the food is that it is American and it would be good if they brought out a British one, but this is minor because you can make up your own menus. This can take a wee bit of time but once it is recorded you simply tap it and it is recorded.I think overall it is good value for money and although it is not waterproof if you go swimming you can record it in the activity log. I would recommend anyone to buy this product.