5.0 out of 5 stars Really good
Helpped to motivate me and on a daily basis i felt the urge to push past my previous days numbers.
Published 2 months ago by william keough

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite frankly a very expensive pedometer.
I have the latest model, Fuelband SE version. It can only track vigorous hand movements like jogging. So lifting weights would not give much Fuels. To illustrate, I earned more Fuels on the day I didn't go to the gym.

Published 9 months ago by Woon Hoong Chin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite frankly a very expensive pedometer., 19 Dec 2013
Woon Hoong Chin "score enthus" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

Introducing "NikeFuel" as a system of measurement is just awkward. The Nike website won't tell me what it is. Just some sweeping statements. So if I walk for 10 minutes and earned 50 NikeFuels, what is it? Just like Swatch's Beat, who cares other than the companies that created them?

When I first logged on to the website, I was asked to choose my goal. By default, there is a Fuel target of 2400. They should have explained what it means to me. Poor first impression. I easily achieved this target, but I am not sure how much to increase. There is a better way of choosing a target, but it's not apparent. The website and the accompanying software is so sparse it is annoying. I cannot really find specific answers.

I am sorry but I can't get around using the band efficiently. Connecting the band to the PC is a hassle. It won't connect at times, the accompanying app for the PC is too clever for its own good - there is no shut down function other than unplug the band. And which side to connect the band to the USB? Should have included a direction sign. To get to the time on the FuelBand, I have to press thrice. After a while, I am bored with it and I am relying on other means to tell time. Unless the band do more than just an expensive pedometer, I am not having it attached to my body day and night.

Finally, to the head-honcho up in the head office. I use my mobile a lot. Hardly on the PC. Not supporting Android is absurd. In these day and age, lack of choice means segregation. I am not having this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Calibration errors, 27 Jan 2013
Motivates but inaccurate. not sure how to re-callibrate, as the people who make the product cant answer, i cant be the only person who has an issue with it. I ran 6 miles on GPS, this damned thing shows four if Im lucky

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible terrible product!, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nike+ Fuelband with Calorie Counter and Range Finder (Misc.)
I received one as a Christmas gift, I was so impressed at 1st that I bought one for a relative as a birthday present! Both have broken twice!! I am currently seeking a refund off Nike for such a poor quality product. Do not buy!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Firmware updates make this unusable, 31 May 2013
When I first bought this, it worked perfectly and I was very pleased with it. However, progressive firmware "updates" have made it virtually unusable. Sometimes it doesn't reset to zero fuel at the start of each day. Sometimes it just won't display anything at all. Sometimes it doesn't synchronise properly. The behaviour of the device has become increasingly random. I have tried a complete factory reset several times with no luck. I can no longer recommend this device, It feels like an unfinished, beta product that keeps changing. Nike - if it an't broke don't fix it! These constant software updates have ruined this device.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 18 Aug 2013
This item has a well known fault apparently and i got one of them - worked for about 3 weeks and then would not charge or turn on so had to give up on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 29 Jun 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointing, 21 Oct 2013
It's a lovely idea but badly done. All style over substance. We bought fuelbands, they very quickly had faults, Nike replaced them, replacements now have faults. I think it is just too early in this products lifecycle to be good enough. If it was sold as a beta i'd be less frustrated. It is fun and motivational when it works, but therein lies the problem, the 'when it works' bit is not often enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 21 Jan 2013
This product is brilliant for people who are looking to increase the level of activity you do in a day. It really motivates you to reach your own personal goals as well as doubling as a really cool watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST BUY, 6 Nov 2012
V. Gaskell - See all my reviews
To help you keep fit .
Buy this product as it has daily goals to get you out of that sofa.
you dont have to go to the gym .
just go for a walk.

Bad points are there is no date setting on the watch, no stop watch settings plus its not water proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 months with the Fuelband and over two stone lost. Seems to work!!, 5 Jan 2014
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have had this now for two months and whilst I did wonder what all the fuss was about I am now pretty addicted to it.

What does it do I hear you ask? Well after setting it up on your computer and following the profile it will give you an indication of the average fuel a person of your age uses. I an 57 male so I did what 45% of my fellow fuel band users do at my age, put in a fuel of 2000. With that the fuel band calculates as you move how much fuel you have used. first day, with 30 minutes run and other activities which is part of my normal day, I had 4000 fuel points and reached my goal during the day. I have now increased it to 4000 points daily.

The Nike+ website, once it has your data the assesses goals for you. Mine is to burn 16000 calories in four weeks, which is a bit of a push but is achievable if I push myself a bit and keep up the regular exercise. Its a great way to get fitter and thinner. I was shocked to tip the scales after Xmas at 15 stone 13lbs but after a week of exercise I have already lost 1/2 a stone and the fuel band makes me as eager and determined as ever to do it. I used to run marathons at a weight 0f 12 stones 10 lbs and I am keen to get there and with the Fuelband, I have the assistance I need.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›