5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fault it.
Reading the reviews for this product you get the sense of divided opinion. That opinion is largely based upon the sound emitted by the horn. I've never heard a rape alarm, so cannot comment upon the comparison there; I would liken the sound the horn makes as like a powerful car alarm. Whether it is directed toward people stepping off the pavement without looking, or cars...
Published 16 months ago by Falling Sands

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, not very useful
I cycle in London, and often find that when I am cycling down main roads, drivers pull out from side roads on my left without looking. This has caused a few near misses and one actual collision, when the driver stopped so I thought he had seen me but then pulled out anyway at speed when I was halfway across the side road.
So I bought this horn with the idea that if...
Published 18 months ago by Les W

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for pedestrians, not so good for cars with windows closed., 3 Sep 2014
A. Lord - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
This is a good horn and loud . but it's mainly for wayward pedestrians. The frequency used does not penetrate car windows so well. I've put up a demo on youtube ... (I try to do one with radio at low volume for comparison). So for that reason I'm marking it down.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Jun 2014
S. Moss - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
On the plus, the bracket mounting is OK, think about handlebar space though. It takes some attempts to find a good location for the trigger (very easy to realise too late that you can't reach it easily!) and the cable.
The Hornit has helped a few motorists to notice me, but quite a few were totally oblivious to my panicked attempt to make them realise I was there.
On the minus, it is useless on pedestrians, you can scare to death an elderly person but anybody listening to music or on the phone won't notice you and will cross in front of your bike without hesitation.
Still, I would have given a higher rating if it was better built. My first trigger snapped after a few months, I was a bit surprised but accepted I may have done something wrong; second one didn't last longer. I contacted the company producing them, they sent me 2 triggers free of charge. Not long ago, I noticed that the plastic of the cable was split. Anyway the Hornit has stopped working all together now (yes, I checked the batteries).
So disappointing. Good idea but not there yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars strong horrnet, 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
small and powerful hornet ,very useful for cycling ,and specially when you drive inside the city ,the hornet is very loud ,must have

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid unit, 13 May 2014
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
I like it and its loud as hell which is what you want. Like the trigger and the fact you dont have to take a hand of the handlebar to press the trigger.
One small quibble is that the trigger doesnt click into the breach of the horn like it should. It can get loose and come loos yet not fall out so youll only know when the horn doesnt go off!. So just check it and squeeze it in every so often pre cycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars cycle horn, 26 April 2014
Dave Wiggins (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
brilliant really lets others know your about looks pretty cool too have not used it in bad weather yet,nice 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
I don't own one of these myself but I recently went on a long distance bikeride with my cousin who lent me his Hybrid which had this little beauty on it, it allowed me to be noticed by the drivers and also helped keep my more experienced cousin from riding too far out in front. I feel as though this saved me from a couple of accidents so definitely well worth the modest price tag!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll scare yourself when you hit the button for the first time!!, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
This certainly has made an impact! Very few iPodder's we have come across since fitting these to our 2 bikes have stepped-out in front of us. albeit we are in an environment most of the time that does inherently have a considerable amount of background noise but the sheer screech from the Hornit has heads turning wondering what the *#@$ was that?
The two settings; 140dB single tone or the Canary with a megaphone, scared the bejeezus out of the bike technicians when we put the bikes in for service recently. nobody has heard the likes of them before and immediately started to Google them to see where they could get one!
Simply put, I feel a lot safer knowing I can give people an easily audible advanced warning now when I'm out riding rather than having to grab handfuls of brakes when they step out in front of me.
It has inadvertently also been responsible for some of the most hilarious moments, when you hit the rubberized button to alert the "world of their owns" literally of their impending faux pas, some of their reactions have been worthy of candid camera sketches!!

Definitely a worthy purchase - irrespective of the price tag!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Cycle Horn!, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
My hubby and I have a couple of Hornit cycle horns for our road bikes with spare mounts fitted on our MTB's. We wouldn't contemplate riding either bike without them! The Hornit is compact, very loud, easy to fit, easy to use and certainly make us both feel more confident riding in town - drivers and pedestrians really do take notice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, 8 Sep 2013
Richard Alberg (Stanmore, Middx, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
I wanted a horn that would be heard. This certainly qualifies. It was easy to fit and does not look obtrusive on my bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great cycle horn!!, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn (Misc.)
This is a great cycle horn!! It is so loud it really does get people out the way! Perfect! A great buy!

The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn