5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Basics quality product.
Purchased this to connect Kindle Fire HD to my TV. Works perfectly well and is of good quality. Highly recommended.
Published on 1 Feb. 2013 by bundicus

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit to Kindle Fire HD
Published on 11 Mar. 2013 by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Basics quality product., 1 Feb. 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI to Micro HDMI Cable (1 m / 3.3 Feet) - Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cable that works well. Need a compatible phone or tablet though., 7 Jan. 2015
Junior Hornet "hornet123" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This cable features a standard HDMI connection at one end and a micro HDMI connection at the other. As with all Amazon Basics products that I have used, this comes with no nonsense packaging and little in the way of documentation (not needed in this case). I don't know if the gold plated connectors really do make a difference to the quality of the picture but I have no complaints on that score. I can't comment on value for money as it seems to be currently unavailable.

It is a good compromise for those who don't have a Wi-Fi sender (eg Chromecast) or are at a location without Wi-Fi. You do get the whole image of the phone or tablet on the screen rather than just the file you want to watch so you will need to maximise the screen. Also you are physically connected to the TV via the cable so you may not be able to control the output without getting up out of your seat (depending on the cable length and how far away you are from the screen).

I do take issue with the first line of the blurb above which says "connects tablets and smartphones to HDTV or computer with HD Port" What it should say is "connects tablets and smartphones WITH HD PORT..." I have 2 android smartphones and 3 tablets and only one of these (HUDL2) has such a port. They are all fairly standard kit including Moto G phone and Nexus 7 tablet. Even my iPad doesn't have an HDMI connector, you have to buy a separate cable. So make sure you have a compatible phone or tablet before buying one of these.

On the plus side it will also work with digital cameras that have HDMI output and it seems that these are more common.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit to Kindle Fire HD, 11 Mar. 2013
The cable does work to connect a Kindle Fire HD up the TV, but the end that goes into the Kindle is such a tight fit that it is really hard to get in and out of the HDMI port. I am worried that either the cable or (worse) my Kindle will be damaged by the amount of pressure I need to put into attaching and removing the cable. If I can find a cable that is a better fit, I will be returning this. As both the cable and Kindle are Amazon products and the description of the product states that is is compatible with the Kindle Fire HD, I would not have expected this to be a problem. Disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using cable to connect Fire HD tablet to TV, 8 April 2013
This has enabled be to show my pictures, Lovefilm video streaming, Youtube clips and IPlayer content on my TV. The experience is amazing band has worked without a glitch. The cable is extremely well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-made cable which does the job well, 5 Jan. 2015
H Jackson (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I connected my Android tablet to the back of my TV using this. It allows me to play Youtube on my TV, which is very handy. I have also been playing various TV shows (either using on demand services such as BBC iplayer and 4OD) as well as shows that I had downloaded in other formats too. It is FANTASTIC to be able to watch shows on our big 42 inch television as opposed to a 10 inch tablet screen. I may be late to the party in doing this, but I highly recommend doing so to anyone who has not this capability yet.

The cable seems to be reasonably robust and the plastic should be hard-wearing enough. There is even a small transparent plastic cap protecting the (non Micro) HDMI side.

Overall, I'm beginning to become a fan of the AmazonBasics brand. I think this is my third product from the range. It seems to offer good quality electrical and accessories items (e.g. tablet cases) at very reasonable prices, which is a great combination.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does job well just don't knock the connection, 1 Feb. 2015
P. Sharpe - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Have just tried this out the once so far, worked well. It was easy to connect to the T.V, although I was a bit disappointed by the connection. It didn't seem very good, you only had to slightly move the tablet it was connected to and the picture would go off the T.V screen and take quite a few seconds to reappear, quite annoying if you're trying to show a lot of pictures.
However, if you left the device still everything worked very well. Every screen from my tablet appeared on the T.V screen. The photos were a bit blurry but I think this was because my tablet output was set at a low resolution, need to try it out again. Other things, such as apps on my tablet displayed very clearly.
I like how the cable comes with two protective caps to cover the connectors. Everything looks a very good quality, especially the gold plated connectors, and I think once I get used to it more it will work very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 Jun. 2015
Amazon customer (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This cable works perfectly when I connect my Kindle Fire HD or other devices to my TV. As for quality, it feels fine and doesn't seem like it will shred or do anything weird. I'm giving it five stars because it completely meets my expectations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 Jan. 2015
A Smile and a Wave (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have several different Amazon Basics products including cables, adaptors and other accessories. All of them have proven to be good quality items and I have no qualms with choosing this brand when I'm looking for good value with my purchases. This cable is looks as good as previous items in many ways and also performs well, and although I have found the micro HDMI connector is quite a tight fit I have no issues with it apart from that. Most use has been to connect my camera to my TV which has enabled me to view my photographs and videos in far higher quality than I could before and with the increasing use of HDMI connections on new equipment I anticipate much more use of it in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Canon, 11 Dec. 2014
Unfortunately this cable does not fit my Canon camera's micro HDMI slot but that's probably more to do with Canon wanting to be different. The cable looks good perhaps it will come in useful for something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality 'Amazon' branded., 17 Jun. 2013
B. S. Barwick "Brian Barwick" (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
A good quality cable, branded Amazon, in my life as an electronics engineer, I have seen every quality of cable, some total rubbish, some supreme.

The one made for Amazon, Is very good, well made and looks good quality too. And of course works a treat.

This is the first Amazon branded cable I have bought, judging by this quality, I will be buying more.......