5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought
Don't get me wrong I like Brucie, but the main reason that I purchased this was because I was driving a long way and wanted something to distract me and relax me whilst driving and it was the only suitable talking book available.
Published on 7 April 2003 by A. Baldwin

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame!
I used to love watching Bruce do his thing on TV - he gave me some good laughs, which is why I bought this book. Having read a few similar biographies before, I looked forward to learning about his ups and downs and bits of his career that I'd have never known about otherwise.
Published on 26 Oct 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, 7 April 2003
A. Baldwin "shartain" (Uk) - See all my reviews
From start to finish I learned about Brucies life and realized he is not the persona he is on telly. Oh he is a consumate performer and an excellent one at that but more how his whole life has seen his career take on a path that he might have wanted to be different, well more variety perfomance at least.
It is worth reading if only to hear about one of TVs most loved celebrities even if you are not a big fan of Brucie.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame!, 26 Oct 2002
By A Customer
Unfortunately, the entire book is one huge pat on the back for himself. The love he has for what he does comes shining through, but it's all done in such a self-congratulatory way it made me rather dislike the man by the end of the book.
The structure is poor. I'm not saying I could do any better about MY life, but it jumps about all over the place and has many repeated thoughts and ideas.
Compared with Bob Monkhouse's "Crying With Laughter" or "Over The Limit", Bruce's book is very, very poor - and I hate to say it, 'cos I was looking forward to it immensely. But it reads as though he's done no wrong.... ever.... and that nothing remotely bad or unfortunate has happened to him apart from losing the odd TV show.
Sorry, but if this book had been written by anyone else, I'd have given it 1 star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice To Read Him, To Read Him Nice!, 15 Oct 2001
Having always been a fan of Brucie Forsythe, I rushed to buy this book as soon as I discovered it was to be released. Unfortunately, I was a month early, and an agonising four week wait was finally over when this book finally plopped through my letterbox.
From the minute I opened the cover, I couldn't put this book down. Brucie is the UK's favourite entertainer, I'm sure (perhaps one of the world's greatest) and I knew that I was going to hear some great anecdotes from the master. I was not disappointed. One has to remember that this man has been in the business for years and has made millions smile with his fantastic humour. However, he has also done a lot of great work for charity which is often overlooked these days, as celebrities + charity = cheesy. This shouldn't be the case though, and any reader should read the accounts of Bruce's work with respect for a great man.
Of course, 'Brucie' is most well known for being a fantastic quiz show host and a regular on the celebrity pro - am golf circuit. Indeed - he excels at both! Bruce made The Generation Game his own - a tough job having to come behind Larry Grayson. But, Brucie did it. He introduced that fabulous thing he did at the beginning, where he took the pose of a muscle man, then almost tap danced down to centre stage. There was never a week that went by that he didn't do that, and he discusses this in the book. Bruce was also a presenter on You Bet! a forerunner to programmes such as Don't Try This At Home. What we must remember though is that Brucie did it FIRST and he did it BETTER. In this book, Bruce explains the driving force behind his fantastic ability to be able to do things like this, and why he continues even though many say he should have retired years ago (not me though!). Bruce is a national institution in the UK and this book is a fantastic account of why he did it and how he succeeded. If you are a fan of major celebrity biographies or Bruce, then this is the book for you.I would also recommend it if you like one or the other of the above. However, if you like neither, I would look for something else! However, I enjoyed this great read immensely and wish it had gone on for longer. Go on, give it a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't he do well!, 19 Oct 2001
By A Customer
Bruce Forsyth was born in to the family made famous in the Forsythe saga! No, I jest. But that's an example of the warm wit that glows from the page and into this reader's face as he nibbled at this book the way one would nibble a nice pie.
I've been a fervent admirer of "Sir" Bruce Forsyth ever since his patriotic "I'm Backing Britain" record was realised in 1976. In it Brucie communicated a love of country rarely articulated by centuries of poets. Well, you backed us then Bruce, now it's our turn.
Seriously, it's all here - a virtual backstage history of British showbiz 1942-2001. I loved the story about Ronnie Corbett's...well you'll have to read it yourself! Sadly Brucie isn't on our screens enough nowadays, if he's playing pro-am golf then good luck to him, but I want Brucie back! Shame on you ITV for axing Play Your Cards Right. Where else are the children of today going to be introduced to the magic of gambling, and where are the dad's of today going to get a treat like I got out of Brucie's Dollies!
Life is the name of Bruce's game and now he shares the game with us. Thanks Bruce, it's been a pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars When reading it is like Brucie talking to direct to you - didn't he ..., 6 July 2014
This review is from: Bruce: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Very well written and very interesting. When reading it is like Brucie talking to direct to you - didn't he do well!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Bruce Fans, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Bruce: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
A very easy to read book, very down to earth just as you see him on the Television. any body who likes Bruce should read this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reading, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Bruce: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Extremely interesting life this man has had. Well worth a read and the photos are great too, you will enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to read about Bruce To read about him nice, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bruce: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
the man who said bruce has a big chin needs to understand that he offended me because i have a big chin but not a big head so i look bad do i? You probaly also would have offended Bruce if he read this. Not that he would care what an imachore man would say! Its best to talk about achievements than moaning about drab times! This book made me laugh really hard! Bruce is such a star! He's great , really! its worth the price probaly worth more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Brucie, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bruce: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
A great read, could not put it down. Knew he'd been around for a long time but did not realise quite how much he had done.

3.0 out of 5 stars Me, Me, Me, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bruce: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Unfortunately, Brucie does love himself. I thought I always liked him but this book is very narcissic and I got bored with all the name dropping and how he tried to make it a selfless encounter of his life, which is wasn't I'm afraid.

I wouldn't recommend it, sorry.

Bruce: The Autobiography