‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitting is easy - once you know how, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ford 1357238 Britax ISOfix Mounting Kit for Childseats 2004 Onwards for Focus (Automotive)
I just finished fitting this on my 2005 (MK2 Hatchback) Focus Ghia and thought I would leave some comments to assist others with fitting. The most work I have ever done or a car before is change a brake light but this is a fairly straight forward job so I thought I would give it a go.

1) On the side on which you wish to fir the ISO fix point, lift up the base of the seat from the back - there is nothing to unscrew here, it just lifts up. It is hinged from the front so move it until the top of the base is pushed up against the back of the front seat.
2) Press the button on the top of the backrest near the window to release the back rest.

Note: Other instructions I have found online suggest that the backrest does not need to be removed to fit the points. I tried for about an hour with the backrest in place, altering the angle to give myself as much space as possible to complete the job. Although I finally managed to get the point in place, I did not have enough leverage with my Torx key to fully tighten the bolts due the lack of space. You may have better luck depending on what tool you have, but I think the whole process would be easier with the backrest (partially) removed - which I will go into now

3) With the backrest unlocked, push it all the way so it is lying flat.
4) When the seat is flat, it will reveal a hinge near the door frame. The hinge is locked in place by a metal catch that goes over the top of it. The catch on my car had some white paint on it which others have reported in their instructions for a similar process. Using a flat headed screwdriver, release the catch by pushing it in the direction of the rear of the car. The catch on my car was pretty stiff so you may need to apply some force. Once the catch has been released, the backrest should pull out fairly easily but if not, the catch is still probably partially engaged so you will need to push it a bit further.
5) Once you have pulled the back rest out, you should have enough room to easily fit the points. The backrest is still fixed by a bracket in the middle so won't completely come away. If you are fitting the points behind the driver then you may need to remove the central bracket to give yourself more room - I haven't tried it myself but see how you get on. I think the bolt in there is a T40/T45.
6) Now that you have ample room, locate the two rubber plugs on the chassis of the car, underneath where the backrest would be. Using a flat headed screwdriver, gently prise these out to reveal the holes which you will bolt the points to. I personally found these plugs a pain to remove but I think the key is patience. I managed to rip the rubber head of one plugs which meant I had nothing to lever against (due to my lack of patience). If this happens then carefully just drill the rubber plug out. You can push it through, but I don't know where the hole goes and may rattle when the car is in motion.
7) With the plugs removed, take your T50 Torx screwdriver or key and bolt the points to the chassis - the hoops should be facing forward.
8) Re-engage the backrest hinge and move the catch back into position. Once again, I found putting the catch back into position fairly tough and due to the position of the catch, I didn't have room to use the screwdriver. To re-engage the catch, I ended up using an allen key to push the catch back over. It is the same principle as the screwdriver but the 90 degree bend in the allen key I was using means you can get it into a smaller area.
9) With the catch in place, move the backrest back to its original position and click it into place and do the same for the base of the seat.
10) You can attach the plastic ISO Fix guides that are included but they are not necessary. I put mine in place to see how I get on with them. They did not feel particularly secure in their place and if they keep on coming loose, then I will probably remove them.

I hope that is helpful to anyone who is considering fitting these. I am not a car expert but I think this process is simple enough for anyone to give it a go. However, if you are unsure or do not feel comfortable fitting them yourself, then just ask your garage to do it. Ultimately safety and peace of mind are the highest priority here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 21 Jun 2013
Installed on Ford Focus 56 plate. Partially removed back seat (fairly easy to do, google it and there are instructions), you will need hex key to remove/install but once you have this it is very easy to do.

Well worth installing for the lack of hassle for iso fix. Took about 40 mins to do.....would take about 10 if doing second time round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and easy to fit!, 18 Oct 2014
Bought for a 2008 (58 Reg) Ford Focus 5-door, perfect fit. Fitting took about 15 minutes for one side. Pull the seat base up and fold towards the front seats. Locate the rubber bungs underneath the rear seat back, these pull out by hand easily enough. Un-hook the seat back from the hinge by location the door side hinge and pushing the middle metal part towards the rear of the car with a flat screwdriver. Lift up the seat back so you can see the mounting holes. Fit the Isofix bracket in place (Ford logo upside down as you look rearwards) and screw in using the screws provided. You'll need a T45 or T50 Torx key. Tighten the screws up and the bracket will straighten and align. That's it, done!

Well made product, suitable for any Isofix seat base (not just Britax).

4.0 out of 5 stars They are not easy to remove, 18 Aug 2014
Very quick to be delivered. It loses a star as there NO fitting instructions. So to help with other customer a couple of pointers, we fitted it on a ford focus 2007 model.
1. You will need a T50 Torx key to fit this.
2. Fold out the SEAT part
3. DO NOT fold down the back part of the seat otherwise you will cover up where you need to attach the bracket.
4. The bungs you need to remove can be felt if you run your hand under the back seat part of the seat. They are not easy to remove!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money plus fast delivery, 29 Oct 2014
Mrs. L. E. Guichard (UK) - See all my reviews
Definitely worth doing yourself. I have a Focus Estate - followed other people's very helpful instructions online/other amazon reviews. Trickiest part was releasing the back part of the seat - felt like I was going to break something but it just needed a good budge. Will prob buy again for the other side of the car soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for what we need to fix our isofix base ..., 2 July 2014
Brilliant for what we need to fix our isofix base to the car, it is just a shame that the car was not fitted with these as standard. Unable to fit ourselves but family member was able to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 26 Jun 2014
I ordered this for my 3 door 02 reg ford focus! It only took about 20 mins to fix!
Great buy for the price!
Maybe it should come with instructions but i just found a you tube clip!
Would fully recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect... even for my 2005 Mk1.5 Ford Focus, 20 May 2014
Bought these for my 2005 Mk1.5. ALthough Ford will tell you these are not designed for that car, I found a couple of reviews online that said that these would fit.

The only downside for my car, is the middle seatbelt covers the hook on one of the bracket loops. Not a big problem, as the seat belt can easily be moved out of the way, when installing the car seat & still keeps a good solid fit.

Highly recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what we needed, 15 May 2014
This came in very good time and packed well.
After getting more instructions from the internet my husband fitted this relatively easily and we are pleased with the result and are waiting to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Focus 11/2010 Combi, 27 April 2014
M. Bednar "Bedo" (Dublin) - See all my reviews
fits also to Focus 11/2010 Combi (mk2). As an minus : No installation manual, but there is a nice video on youtube.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›