Airwolf 1/48 Plastic Model
Price:£68.49+£2.38shipping

on 30 April 2013
I bought this kit 2 years after I bought the 1984 AMT kit, and the difference the Aoshima kit brings blows the 1984 kit out of the water.

As im an Airwolf fanboy, I wanted to build a detailed Airwolf after the 1984 kit let me down with lack of detail, then I saw the Aoshima version & had to buy it.

I bought mine direct from Japan, which took 2 weeks to arrive, and when it did I was amazed on how much detail there was in this kit at first glance when I opened the box, looked at the sprues & read the instructions.

The instructions are mostly in japanese with some english, but the diagrams explain really well where each parts fits & paint instructions (which I didnt really pay that much attention to) as I used the airwolf.tv webpage for all my research.

You have the 2 half sections for the main part of the body & clear versions too (just in-case you want to show off the interior cabin & rear command area) then comes all the small & tricky peices, which when assembled create such an awesome finished product, you'll be amazed at what you have just built.

It comes with a full front & rear interior cabin & 2 pilot figures for Stringfellow & Dominic, and having the rear command area in the back of Airwolf is an awesome sight, even though when assembled you cant really see, so if you light your models, I highly recommend you put a light inside where Dominic sits.

Also, the rear command area, it comes with raised detailing console & sidewall panels, so if you wanted to paint them yourself, you can do so, but if you want to used the very detailed console decals, I recommend you sand them down before applying the decals.

But, with high detailing comes a small downfall. Most of the parts are so tiny you can easily damage them when cutting them off the sprue & your tweezers will love you when putting the peices into place.

Now comes the colour scheme, I used Revell Aquacolor paints:-

Main Body - 36109 Anthracite, closest I could get to the Dupont Phantom Grey.
Main Body Belly/Tail border - 36301 White.
Flight Suits - 36374 Light Grey.
Interior Cabin Consoles - 36378 Dark Grey
Rotor - 36301 White top, 36374 Light Grey underneath, 36115 yellow rotor tips
Tail Rotor/landing support strut - 36301 white, 36330 red for detailing (dont use decals)

For those wanting to build Airwolf & Airwolf II:-

Airwolf, buy this kit.
Airwolf II, buy either the 1984 AMT or the Kitech version & build it to stock instructions NOT AIRWOLF, as Airwolf II was a stock Bell 222 with NO AIRWOLF MODS!!!!!

If you are considering buying this model, just spend the extra money, you wont regret it.

For all your reference needs, I highly recommend you visit Airwolf.tv for loads of info & pics, and also look at youtube (my channel link is in my profile), where there are some useful videos about constructing this awesome model.
on 14 November 2014
This company has been fantastic after my negative review and suggestions about the way they present their products. They have changed their profile so as not to confuse people about their potential import charges to the UK. Beyond that they have offered to reimburse my costs, unbelievable, good customer relations. The model, by the way is fantastic, my son is autistic and has complex learning disabilities among many other things. Just the look on his face as the building progressed was reward in itself. The model is beautifully made and put together I would recommend the quality of the product and the quality of this companies customer relations. I would recommend the purchase for the sheer enthusiasm it has given to my son and the pleasure it has brought to him, highly recommended. Thank you to the superb customer service of the Company.
on 3 September 2013
Great model, kit came with two main bodies so you can choose which one to use, also good if our make a mistake on one. Really enjoyed putting this model together, exactly what I was expecting. Reasonably good instructions for assembly too. For the price you pay, it was really good value. For those who enjoy model kits and particular 80's tv, this model will bring back memories and hours of enjoyment painting and gluing!
on 5 July 2013
I was looking on the web for a Us coast guard Helicopter and came a Airwolf in the colours so I done it and it came out better than I thought