• WOOF!

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.50

on 17 March 2014
Rude, crude, lewd and full of innuendo. Just when you think it can't get any funnier, you turn the page and are gripped by the antics of the characters all over again and laughing out loud. You'll want this book to go on and on, you just want to keep reading.
on 30 January 2014
This is an enormously funny story, it had me smiling a lot as well as laughing.

A must read for anyone with a filthy sense of humour, can't wait for the next book.
on 16 April 2013
The book tries to be gritty and reminisces about the characters' younger days but somehow it just seems flaccid. It's neither a "strewth, what were we doing?" review of the 90s nor a celebration of the joy of youth. It just came across as a list of stereotypes who didn't do a lot - the gay character, the goth, the druggie. All very formulaic but just lacking something interesting.
on 8 September 2015
don't read if you take offence at bad language, cos there is lots of it, and you need to be broad minded but I really enjoyed this book, many laugh out loud moments, and lovely characters that you begin to care about what happens to them after to book finishes.....
on 3 October 2012
This is a book about four main characters whose lives you get a chance to experience through those difficult college or university years that we all went through. You get a chance to feel the social awkwardness of it all through a hilarious and naughty drug and alcohol fuelled romp. It is funny, it is cruel and it is true-to-life. But as you read through the story, you can't help but think to yourself that just maybe there is a little bit of truth to some of the stories and characters as the situations feel so real. If you grew up in the 80's or 90's you will instantly appreciate the references liberally used throughout the book. Other reviewers have already said not to let your Mum read this book, but saying that I'm sure if you did, she would have a good chuckle about it too.
on 7 August 2013
I have had some dull days and thick friends and a mixture of both but this book has extinguished both from my life, well all but one who shout syphilis at trans people but I should think book two will shoo the shorter of Author

It's better than the holy Bible (who put the holes in it I dont know), and much more believable to boot.

I have spewd beer, farted in the bath and almost broke the kindle and nearly pissed myself on the bus reading this book (which I own both paperback and e-book formats)

So I go back to reading again safe in the knowledge I will not be deserved by stupid people or cats chasing French poodles (the author will get that joke along with few others from the night of garden drinking, not that I can swallow a whole garden)
on 21 September 2012
Cast your mind back (however many) years; when your awkwardness inhabited the age of around 18. Remember the insecurity, the effrontery, the insult, the social disability, the sheer awfulness of being officially an adult but unofficially totally screwed up and still learning who, what, why and how you are? This book beautifully captures those moments, with a dry wit and gentle humour that occasionally spills over into embarrassing loud guffaws. The characters are not entirely sympathetic, which merely makes them more real, for who among us is a paragon of virtue? Judging those around us on the basis of our own insecurities and (lack of) experience is what we all did. Woof! is an occasionally harsh reminder of how in our youth we can be so cruel...

This is a book about those people who occupy the fringes of what is 'normalised' society, and is all the more entertaining and appealing for it. The adventures of the 5 'friends' move at a fast pace, and you will find yourself cringing with embarrassment at their exploits whilst nodding in empathy at how they deal with the fall-out. Be warned though, you will be left with one question. What was in that letter? I await the sequel, as I demand to find out. Author, you have been warned!

Recommended reading, for all who are not easily shocked.
on 8 September 2012
While I don't think I'd suggest that my Mam buy this particular book, well there's a huge recommendation right there lol. WOOF! is full of hilarity, fabulous fun words and even some thinking. I kept wanting to tweet/facebook words and phrases I'd just read; I successfully restrained myself so as not to spoil the book for everyone else :o) Go on, get it, you SO wont regret it!!! Even the disclaimer made me laugh and how often can you say that!

Please buy this book and support the author. Though this isn't his first published work ( he has produced two chicken books Chickens As Pets and Raising Chickens Indoors; also a book of poetry Cannibal Delia) this is his first piece of fiction work and I'm VERY eager for the next story >.<
on 3 October 2012
I loved this book, there were plenty of laugh out loud funny moments - all the funnier for me as it reminded me of my own student days at Manchester Polytechnic. The nightclub Butch and the performance at the Catholic school stand out - the Holy Sisters of Rough as Badgers nearly made me choke on my coffee! I could picture every scene so clearly, it was a nostalgic treat. I knew someone very very like Kate, the self-absorbed drama-queen Goth. I do hope Andrew continues the story - I want to know what happened to everyone. I want to know what happened to Sophia, did she overcome her self-destructive habits? I want to know what was in the letter, what did Kate want?

Dear Andrew Hinkinson-Hodnett, please write some more!
on 24 October 2012
Brilliant read. I loved this book, the characters feel like real people to me and I'm interested to know how they develop through their lives.
I read it in one sitting, stopping only very reluctantly to walk the dog when necessary.
Having wolfed it down so quickly, I may just have to read it again more slowly, so that I can savour the flavours.