4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet!
This is my first table, I waited long but when I saw the specs, the price and the reviews... I could not resist.

The quality is outstanding; I honestly wouldn't trade it for an Ipad!

Published 22 months ago by Stex976

1.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy Dealers
This tablet arrived from new with a defective charger and an unusable SD card slot. after 4 months it has stopped working altogether. My only response from the supplier has been a standard put off reply with no further action but to say they no longer deal with amazon. It will alter the way I deal with Amazon in the future and I am very dissappointed.
Published 12 months ago by Richard Thatcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet!, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Ployer Momo8 IPS Tablet PC - 8 Inch Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), IPS SCREEN; BLUETOOTH; WIFI; ROCKCHIP RK3066 DUAL CORE - 2 X CORTEX A9; QUAD GPU - IPS 1024 x 768 Capacitive 5 Point Touch Screen, 16GB Storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, Ultra Thin 8.9mm design with Metal Rear - HDMI & 3D Output - New Google Play Installed - 1.3MP Front Facing Camera - Flash 11.1 Pre-Installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible (Personal Computers)

The quality is outstanding; I honestly wouldn't trade it for an Ipad!

To all those that keep buying the latest Ipad every six month forking out extra 200+ for the privilege of some extra memory (that costs close to nothing to manufacture nowadays), this table costs a fraction, you can add a microSD up to 32GB (which costs only 15 each), you can connect external USB hard drives (although they have to be 5v or with external power adapter), USB sticks, and is so good that you wouldn't believe! It also has HDMI video output that is an expensive extra on other tablet as far as I know.

I bought it directly from GTR electronics and there is no Chinese whatsoever - only exception is a tiny logo on the screen while booting up (under the English text "Momo...").

I particularly like connecting via FTP client to my Dreambox satellite recorder and downloading video recordings (some of which are quite large, that's where microSD cards are very handy) into the SDcard to watch during the commute on the train.

Go get one!

******
Reduced to 4 stars after realizing that the Wi-Fi signal goes to zero upstairs, only 5 meters from the router. There is an issue with the metal back cover, which is stylish but not very well thought through as it clearly interferes with the signal.
In summary, a wonderful device, but you must be on the same floor level and no more than one (thin) wall apart from the router.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy Dealers, 25 Aug 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but with a key flaw, 25 Oct 2012
Service - I bought this product from GTR Electronics via Amazon and the delivery was very quick and in good condition. In particular I can honestly say that the customer service was excellent and would certainly look to buy from GTR again.

Product -
Pros - The tablet appeared to be well made and was very easy to use straight from the box, even for a non techie like myself. The quality of the picture was good and the speed of the device was excellent and overall I really liked the product.
Cons - However there was, in my opinion, a major flaw with the device in relation to the WiFi connection. If I was very close to a Wifi hub the connection was strong and fast, however if I moved even a relatively short distance away from the WiFi hub the connection would become very weak and in most cases would drop out completely.

Summary - I liked the tablet itself so I did try to persevere with the WiFi problem but in the end, since one of the main reasons you buy a tablet is to use it whilst out and about, I reluctantly felt I had no option but to return the tablet to GTR.
However, if Ployer fix the WiFi problem I would definitely repurchase this tablet again in the future.

If the tablet's Wifi worked as it should I would have no hesitation in giving it a 5 rating but with a very poor WiFi function I feel I can only give the tablet a rating of 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 29 Sep 2012
Mr. S. J. Park (uk) - See all my reviews
I couldn't be more impressed with this tablet. Initial impression when opening the packaging is that the build quality is similar to that of an Ipad and the whole experience continues in that vein. I've only had the unit a day but have tried to give it a decent work out by watching things on You Tube and ITV net player. Unfortunately when I tried to download the BBC iplayer app it says it is incompatible before you start the download. I haven't yet tried if I can watch BBC iplayer on the BBC website instead of using the app (I'd have to wrestle the tablet from the rest of my family to try that). It plays Angry Birds and Temple Run without problems and I even played Temple Run whilst simultaneously downloading 5 other apps and it worked flawlessly. The wifi is very fast and picked up my network easily. I've also connected it to the internet using the 3G on my phone (HTC Desire S) as a WI-FI hotspot and it worked perfectly.
The clarity of the screen is superb and it can be viewed from any angle. The biggest compliment I can give this tablet is that my son had used a different android tablet and despite my protesting not to be an "I-clone" he was determined he was going to buy an Ipad. One hour with the Momo8 IPS and he's asked me to order him one too!!! In my opinion the 8 inch tablet is a better size anyway because although 7" tablets can seem a little small abnd 10 inch seem like you might as well have a laptop, the 8 inch just sits nicely in one hand.
I've had to think hard for some negatives and I can only think of two minor niggles. Firstly the charger lead isn't very long so I had to plug it into an extension lead to comfortably sit and use it whilst charging. Secondly, Although everything important is in English, it comes preloaded with a lot of Chinese apps and widgets that took me a little while to delete and I've experienced a couple of notifications that have chinese writing next to them. It really doesn't make a difference but I'm trying to find out how to get rid of them.
I certainly wouldn't let these minor niggles put you off though. This tablet is not just amazing for the money, it is amazing. I wouldn't swap it for an Ipad (but I am admittedly an Android fan). Delivery from "Big Tech" was next day even though I only paid for standard delivery.
What more can I say. I was so impressed I've ordered another one 6 hours after it got delivered!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 29 Mar 2013
Got two for christmas present first tablet lasted a month second tablet 2 months, both tablets had the same problem battery went dead after been fully charged then problems with charging port tablet would charge. First tablet was sent back to China which cost me just under 20 after problems with seller amazon issued me with a refund for the tablet not postage as well, this left me out of pocket for the postage. Sent second tablet back to China still awaiting to hear about. With the refund for the first tablet I purchased a Kindle fire which better quality it is smaller but the pitcure quality makes up for that . Looking back I could have saved a few pounds and just purchased the kindle. Dont buy unless you have got shares in royal mail that is the nice say way of saying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!!!, 7 Nov 2012
I was tempted to go for the Ipad mini but so glad I didn't and plumped for this from GTR Electronics (who were great by the way!). Great screen and all Chinese apps disabled off the bat (thx GTR!), The only issues I really had were with the battery and screen sleep of death! (Screen not turning back on after going to sleep). With the battery to advise I rooted the device and theres an APP called " Battery calibration" where you discharge totally then charge to 100% then run the app, thats really helped and battery life is great now (Over 6 hrs stated!).
With the SOD I finally found an app called "cpu wake" when on partial wake setting sorted by issue so now very happy !! For the money Amazing value & don't let those issues put you off as might have been down to an app I installed and believe more to do with the software & Jellybean than the hardware.

1.0 out of 5 stars great until it breaks, 12 Aug 2013
I bought this tablet for my son at the end of last year and after an initial period when he enjoyed using it the device has been a disaster. The tablet would not charge meaning I had to pay postage to send back to the supplier who repaired it and then sent it back. When it came back the pattern lock was changed we got locked out and couldn't then access the tablet through gmail as my son had forgotten his password and it wouldn't accept a password reset. We now have a nice tablet to look at but not to use and I am now waiting for a refund. It's a bit like low cost airlines - great when it all goes well, a disaster if anything goes wrong. Beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it!!, 12 Mar 2013
This is one of the most disappointing purchases I have ever made and I am in the process of returning it to Amazon. It simply does not do what it says on the tin. Wi Fi reception is often shown as a strong signal but actually you either cannot get a web page up on the screen ('this web page is not available' is a regular refrain) or it takes for ever to arrive. And all this when, as last week, I was within touching distance of the 'sender'.

On rare occasions I did get my incoming e mails on the screen but then found I could not open attachments.

I sat next to a gent with a Samsung tablet in a bar and he was flicking from page to page with the greatest of ease. I quote him - 'Buy cheap, buy twice!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 7 Dec 2012
Bought for my wife for xmas on 2.12.12 but gave it to her early, as was 'checking and setting it up' and couldn't believe how good it is. Screen is crisp, it boots up in literally 7 seconds and has everything my asus eepad has, but does it quicker!!! Although i have a lot of files and video on my asus, the momo outperformed it opening video and jpegs and loaded the same web page in about 1\5 of the time! The battery seems to last about 4-5 hrs for light use and the camera is poor, but i simply cannot praise it enough. I was skeptical about an import, but GTR delivered in just 5 days. Speedy service and speedy tablet, for this price, a total bargain. If any horrible gremlins appear i'll update this, but so far, my skepticism is entirely unfounded!

1.0 out of 5 stars Product Ok just never use Big Tech Direct (EVER), 16 Aug 2013
Totally useless seller forget your guarantee very poor service....tablet screen went on the blink sent back waited ages for repair...was told it was being repaired...sent back another tablet (same make) totally different firm ware that was totally unstable...sent back..waited ages..chased..fobbed off..still waiting for return of my tablet...told them that I wanted my money back...no response to that....JUST NEVER USE BIG TECH DIRECT