4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet!
This is my first table, I waited long but when I saw the specs, the price and the reviews... I could not resist.

The quality is outstanding; I honestly wouldn't trade it for an Ipad!

Published on 17 Oct 2012 by Stex976

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but with a key flaw
Service - I bought this product from GTR Electronics via Amazon and the delivery was very quick and in good condition. In particular I can honestly say that the customer service was excellent and would certainly look to buy from GTR again.

Product -
Published on 25 Oct 2012 by Patjman

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet!, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Ployer Momo8 IPS Tablet PC - 8 Inch Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), IPS SCREEN; BLUETOOTH; WIFI; ROCKCHIP RK3066 DUAL CORE - 2 X CORTEX A9; QUAD GPU - IPS 1024 x 768 Capacitive 5 Point Touch Screen, 16GB Storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, Ultra Thin 8.9mm design with Metal Rear - HDMI & 3D Output - New Google Play Installed - 1.3MP Front Facing Camera - Flash 11.1 Pre-Installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible (Personal Computers)

The quality is outstanding; I honestly wouldn't trade it for an Ipad!

To all those that keep buying the latest Ipad every six month forking out extra 200£+ for the privilege of some extra memory (that costs close to nothing to manufacture nowadays), this table costs a fraction, you can add a microSD up to 32GB (which costs only £15 each), you can connect external USB hard drives (although they have to be 5v or with external power adapter), USB sticks, and is so good that you wouldn't believe! It also has HDMI video output that is an expensive extra on other tablet as far as I know.

I bought it directly from GTR electronics and there is no Chinese whatsoever - only exception is a tiny logo on the screen while booting up (under the English text "Momo...").

I particularly like connecting via FTP client to my Dreambox satellite recorder and downloading video recordings (some of which are quite large, that's where microSD cards are very handy) into the SDcard to watch during the commute on the train.

Go get one!

******
Reduced to 4 stars after realizing that the Wi-Fi signal goes to zero upstairs, only 5 meters from the router. There is an issue with the metal back cover, which is stylish but not very well thought through as it clearly interferes with the signal.
In summary, a wonderful device, but you must be on the same floor level and no more than one (thin) wall apart from the router.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 29 Sep 2012
Mr. S. J. Park (uk) - See all my reviews
I couldn't be more impressed with this tablet. Initial impression when opening the packaging is that the build quality is similar to that of an Ipad and the whole experience continues in that vein. I've only had the unit a day but have tried to give it a decent work out by watching things on You Tube and ITV net player. Unfortunately when I tried to download the BBC iplayer app it says it is incompatible before you start the download. I haven't yet tried if I can watch BBC iplayer on the BBC website instead of using the app (I'd have to wrestle the tablet from the rest of my family to try that). It plays Angry Birds and Temple Run without problems and I even played Temple Run whilst simultaneously downloading 5 other apps and it worked flawlessly. The wifi is very fast and picked up my network easily. I've also connected it to the internet using the 3G on my phone (HTC Desire S) as a WI-FI hotspot and it worked perfectly.
The clarity of the screen is superb and it can be viewed from any angle. The biggest compliment I can give this tablet is that my son had used a different android tablet and despite my protesting not to be an "I-clone" he was determined he was going to buy an Ipad. One hour with the Momo8 IPS and he's asked me to order him one too!!! In my opinion the 8 inch tablet is a better size anyway because although 7" tablets can seem a little small abnd 10 inch seem like you might as well have a laptop, the 8 inch just sits nicely in one hand.
I've had to think hard for some negatives and I can only think of two minor niggles. Firstly the charger lead isn't very long so I had to plug it into an extension lead to comfortably sit and use it whilst charging. Secondly, Although everything important is in English, it comes preloaded with a lot of Chinese apps and widgets that took me a little while to delete and I've experienced a couple of notifications that have chinese writing next to them. It really doesn't make a difference but I'm trying to find out how to get rid of them.
I certainly wouldn't let these minor niggles put you off though. This tablet is not just amazing for the money, it is amazing. I wouldn't swap it for an Ipad (but I am admittedly an Android fan). Delivery from "Big Tech" was next day even though I only paid for standard delivery.
What more can I say. I was so impressed I've ordered another one 6 hours after it got delivered!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but with a key flaw, 25 Oct 2012

Product -
Pros - The tablet appeared to be well made and was very easy to use straight from the box, even for a non techie like myself. The quality of the picture was good and the speed of the device was excellent and overall I really liked the product.
Cons - However there was, in my opinion, a major flaw with the device in relation to the WiFi connection. If I was very close to a Wifi hub the connection was strong and fast, however if I moved even a relatively short distance away from the WiFi hub the connection would become very weak and in most cases would drop out completely.

Summary - I liked the tablet itself so I did try to persevere with the WiFi problem but in the end, since one of the main reasons you buy a tablet is to use it whilst out and about, I reluctantly felt I had no option but to return the tablet to GTR.
However, if Ployer fix the WiFi problem I would definitely repurchase this tablet again in the future.

If the tablet's Wifi worked as it should I would have no hesitation in giving it a 5 rating but with a very poor WiFi function I feel I can only give the tablet a rating of 2.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 29 Mar 2013
Got two for christmas present first tablet lasted a month second tablet 2 months, both tablets had the same problem battery went dead after been fully charged then problems with charging port tablet would charge. First tablet was sent back to China which cost me just under £20 after problems with seller amazon issued me with a refund for the tablet not postage as well, this left me out of pocket for the postage. Sent second tablet back to China still awaiting to hear about. With the refund for the first tablet I purchased a Kindle fire which better quality it is smaller but the pitcure quality makes up for that . Looking back I could have saved a few pounds and just purchased the kindle. Dont buy unless you have got shares in royal mail that is the nice say way of saying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!!!, 7 Nov 2012
I was tempted to go for the Ipad mini but so glad I didn't and plumped for this from GTR Electronics (who were great by the way!). Great screen and all Chinese apps disabled off the bat (thx GTR!), The only issues I really had were with the battery and screen sleep of death! (Screen not turning back on after going to sleep). With the battery to advise I rooted the device and theres an APP called " Battery calibration" where you discharge totally then charge to 100% then run the app, thats really helped and battery life is great now (Over 6 hrs stated!).
With the SOD I finally found an app called "cpu wake" when on partial wake setting sorted by issue so now very happy !! For the money Amazing value & don't let those issues put you off as might have been down to an app I installed and believe more to do with the software & Jellybean than the hardware.

1.0 out of 5 stars great until it breaks, 12 Aug 2013
I bought this tablet for my son at the end of last year and after an initial period when he enjoyed using it the device has been a disaster. The tablet would not charge meaning I had to pay postage to send back to the supplier who repaired it and then sent it back. When it came back the pattern lock was changed we got locked out and couldn't then access the tablet through gmail as my son had forgotten his password and it wouldn't accept a password reset. We now have a nice tablet to look at but not to use and I am now waiting for a refund. It's a bit like low cost airlines - great when it all goes well, a disaster if anything goes wrong. Beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it!!, 12 Mar 2013
This is one of the most disappointing purchases I have ever made and I am in the process of returning it to Amazon. It simply does not do what it says on the tin. Wi Fi reception is often shown as a strong signal but actually you either cannot get a web page up on the screen ('this web page is not available' is a regular refrain) or it takes for ever to arrive. And all this when, as last week, I was within touching distance of the 'sender'.

On rare occasions I did get my incoming e mails on the screen but then found I could not open attachments.

I sat next to a gent with a Samsung tablet in a bar and he was flicking from page to page with the greatest of ease. I quote him - 'Buy cheap, buy twice!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 7 Dec 2012
Bought for my wife for xmas on 2.12.12 but gave it to her early, as was 'checking and setting it up' and couldn't believe how good it is. Screen is crisp, it boots up in literally 7 seconds and has everything my asus eepad has, but does it quicker!!! Although i have a lot of files and video on my asus, the momo outperformed it opening video and jpegs and loaded the same web page in about 1\5 of the time! The battery seems to last about 4-5 hrs for light use and the camera is poor, but i simply cannot praise it enough. I was skeptical about an import, but GTR delivered in just 5 days. Speedy service and speedy tablet, for this price, a total bargain. If any horrible gremlins appear i'll update this, but so far, my skepticism is entirely unfounded!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Tablet for price!!, 29 Nov 2012
Just like other people on here, I was looking for a cheap tablet, but I also wanted one with half decent specs. I was close to buying the Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire HD tablet, but they were at least FIFTY POUNDS more expensive than this, but with similar specs!! Well I bought it for just over one hundred pounds on Ebay and ive had a cheap 7" tablet before, but I found it a bit small, I didnt like the aspect ratio of the screen on 7", but this Momo 8" is perfect!! nice bright IPS screen, super fast CPU and great Jelly bean OS!! My only gripe is I actually bought it for my missus, so i'm now gonna save up for one of Ployer's new Momo11 Talent (retina display) or the new Momo12 10.1" tablet, due out soon!!![...] [...]

EXTRA PRODUCT INFO!!

The World's thinnest and fastest 8 Inch High Definition Tablet
Part of Ployer's brand new Flagship DUAL CORE + QUAD GPU Tablets
*** UK In Stock.One Year Waranty ***

Key Features

Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) 8 Inch Tablet PC, with fully licensed Google Play pre-installed - access over 100,000 Android Apps
Powerful Rockchip RK3066 1.6Ghz CPU
Dual Core - 2 x Cortex A9
Quad GPU - 4 x Mali-400 (4 x Momo8 Bird)
IPS (1024 x 768 pixel) Ultra High Definition Screen with 178 degree viewing angle
Intuitive capacitive 5 point multi touch-screen
Incredible new patented design - sleek and stylish with metal rear to provide rigidity - only 9.7mm thick
1080p HD and 3D 2160p output to your TV and Monitor via HDMI (sold separately)
1GB DDR3 memory; 16GB internal storage, expandable up to a further 32GB via Mirco SD
Bluetooth In-Built and supported
4,000 mAh battery giving approx 5 - 6 hours
Flash 11.1 Pre-Installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Supported

Special Feature Analysis

8 Inch IPS High Definition 5 Point Capacitive Touch Screen

8 Inch, 4:3 Aspect Ratio
The Momo8 incorporates an XGA display offering 1024 x 768 resolution with 786,432 pixels - all contained within an 8 inch screen! Standard 8 Inch tablets have a resolution of 800 x 600, which have 30% less screen content than the Momo8 IPS. The 4:3 aspect ratio and slightly squarer design provides excellent and ample viewing coverage, especially for internet browsing where the aspect ration allows more content to be viewed.

Crystal Clear:
The Momo8 utilises new technology allowing for greater pixel density, with each pixel only 200 microns in size. The LED screen has a new lattice structure which when combined with the increased number of pixels, creates an incredible vivid, colourful and super crisp display, perfect for reading a book, watching a movie or simply browsing the web.

IPS Hard Screen

The inclusion of the In Plane Switching (IPS) screen sets the Momo8 IPS apart from the majority of it's competitors in this size range. IPS allows for an incredibly consistent display at all viewing angles up to 178 degrees. Pictures are clear and crisp and colour saturation is never compromised.

IPS is the worlds most advanced screen technology, and Ployer have enhanced this with the inclusion of new energy saving qualities.

New bipolar drive technology allows for a 25% energy reduction in comparison to standard IPS screens, increasing battery and service life.

This image shows an IPS screen magnified 75 times. It's structure allows for greater pixel density, creating brighter and more delicate pictures.

Non IPS screens have coarser pixels that are less densely packed. These produce less vibrant pictures and can sometimes appear more 'grey' when dealing with high colour content.

Incredible High End Performance

Equipped with the brand new Rockchip Micro-R3066 Processor embedded with Dual Core Cortex-A9, the CPU alone can run at 1.6GHz. The two strong and efficient core processors can easily cope with extremely complex technical computing tasks. This alone is impressive, however at the same time the Momo8 IPS packs not 1, not 2, but 4 Graphics Processors capable of undertaking intensive 2D and 3D rendering. The whole package delivers a truly professional and high end performance.

The Mali-400 GPU by AMR native design and development is a common powerful and stable graphics chip used in many of todays tablets. On it's own it is highly capable of coping with most current 3D games and applications. With the introduction of 4 Mali-400 GPUs running simultaneously, the Momo8 IPS takes Graphics processing to a new level and will ensure longevity to keep up with future technology advancements.

Ployer have always adopted a high-performance DDRIII memory on their products, but in the past the limited structure of single core processors have been unable to fully realise performance capacity. With new RK3066 Dual Core on DDRIII providing targeted optimisation, the Momo8 IPS is capable of taking full advantage of all available processing power, allowing easy use of large-scale application software.

When the powerful R3066 Processor and fast DDRIII memory combine with the Quad GPU's, the Momo8 IPS becomes an incredibly fast and capable tablet. In very real terms it has twice the processing power of the Momo8 Bird, which means internet browsing, game playing and general tablet operation is smooth, fast and un-comprimised. A simple example of the power of the Momo8 IPS is its start up time: The IPS has a 26 second start up time, whereas the Bird version is ready for operation at 50 seconds - this speed is replicated across nearly all applications.

2160P Ultra HD Decoding and 3D HDMI Output
The Momo8 IPS comes with an upgraded HD Decoder, allowing for video content up to a resolution of 3840 x 2160 - over four times more definition than standard 1080p! The Momo8 IPS also offers backward compatibility of 1080p, 720p and 480p content to support all your favourite videos and movies.

Since the release of the blockbuster hit Avatar, 3D has grown by leaps and bounds with ever more powerful 3D TV's being found in homes across the country. The Momo8 IPS compliments this medium with its pre-installed 2160P Ultra HD decoder. This feature enables you to download 3D content onto the tablet and allow 3D playback via a v1.4 HDMI cable (sold separately) to your 3D TV or Monitor. This great feature means you have a portable 3D Movie Player wherever you go!

In addition to these great features you can use the Momo8 IPS to display your games, photo's and video's to any HD TV using a HDMI cable. Simply plug in and the Momo8 will automatically output the display from your tablet onto your TV!

Bluetooth Connectivity

With an in-built Bluetooth chip the Momo8 IPS supports the transmission of files via Bluetooth out the box. This is very useful where WIFI or 3G wireless networks aren't available - you can quickly and effortlessly share content to other Bluetooth devices such as phones, tablets and PDA's.

... and so much more!
Your Personal Library with E-Reader Functionality
Enjoy the latest bestseller, your favourite classics or keep up to date with the latest news from across the globe. Whatever you're reading, the Momo8 IPS makes reading a joy with its perfect 4:3 aspect ratio, crystal clear IPS G + G Ultra HD screen and instant access to a virtual library's worth of material.

Landscape or Portrait View
With its inbuilt G-Sensor and Accelerometer the Momo8 IPS is capable of rotating its view from landscape to portrait so your photos or web-pages are always at the optimum size for viewing. As you rotate the image rotates and scales to fit.

Share your Media using Mirco SD
With its built in Mirco SD port the Momo8 IPS has up to 32GB of expandable memory for all your favourite media files, whether its video, music or photos, a really practical solution for exchanging files between your Computer and Momo8. It's a fantastic way to share all your favourite apps, movies, music or photos with family and friends.

Only 8.9mm thick!

Ployer Momo8 IPS Specification
CPU: Rockchip R3066 Dual Core Cortex-A9 Processor - clocking at 1.6GHz
GPU: Quad MALI 0.4GHz (1.6GHz combined)
Operating System: Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1
System Memory: 1GB DDR3
Display Resolution: 1024 x 768 - over 768,000 pixels
Display Size: 8 Inches
Display Type: IPS G + G (Glass screen + Glass touchpad) Ultra High Resolution - 16million colour combinations
Touchscreen: 5 point multi touch Capacitive
Camera: Front Facing 1.3 Megapixel
Speaker: Integrated rear speaker
Internal Memory: 16GB
External Memory: supports micro SD, up to 32GB (all classes)
Gravity Sensor: 4-Way
Flash: Not supported on 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) but workarounds available (downloading Flash APK file separately)
Music: MP3; WMA; WAV; APE; AAC; FLAC; OGG

Video: 2160p Ultra HD Decoder allowing Full HD Out, 1080 & 2160P, AVI; MOV; MP4; RMVB; FLV; MKV, SRT, SUB, SSA, ASS, SMI, embedded subtitle display
eBook: TXT; PDF; HTML; RTF; FB2
e-Mail & Internet: Fully supported and pre-loaded
WIFI: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
3G: External USB Dongle, WCDMA / TD-SCDMA / EVDO
Bluetooth: In-Built and Supported
Battery: 4000 MAh (5 ~ 6 hours battery life under general use)
Languages: English; Czech; Danish; Dutch; Norwegien; Portuguese; Swedish; Turkish; German; Italian; French; Spanish; Polish; Russian; Japanese; Korean; Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and more...
Power: Mains Charger Only (no USB charging)
Connectivity: Micro SD Card port; 3.5mm port; 1 x mini USB port; 1 x mini HDMI; power
Dimensions: 195 x 154 x 8.9mm
Weight: 390g

Note - FLASH 11.1 Pre-Installed - All iPlayer and Flash Content Compatible

1.0 out of 5 stars Product Ok just never use Big Tech Direct (EVER), 16 Aug 2013
Totally useless seller forget your guarantee very poor service....tablet screen went on the blink sent back waited ages for repair...was told it was being repaired...sent back another tablet (same make) totally different firm ware that was totally unstable...sent back..waited ages..chased..fobbed off..still waiting for return of my tablet...told them that I wanted my money back...no response to that....JUST NEVER USE BIG TECH DIRECT