5.0 out of 5 stars Feb. 2014 firmware update...
Published 12 months ago by A. Laird

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a couple of beware of's
Published 7 months ago by Mike Bates

5.0 out of 5 stars Feb. 2014 firmware update..., 24 Feb. 2014
A. Laird (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad (Accessory)
...makes this excellent. I'm using this on a Linux system and the update now makes functions available by 'tap' as well as 'press'. There's not much to say really: the build quality appears solid, it's very pleasant to use, the touch pad is a generous size, and there is a fairly comprehensive range of gestures available, along with all the standard clicks. A decent bit of kit, and a welcome alternative to a mouse.

Here is what the firmware upgrade 041.001.00038 officially adds:

With this release, the following gestures will be enabled out of the box:

Adds single tap to click
Adds double tap to double click
Adds 2-finger tap to right click
Adds 2-finger click to right click
Adds 3-finger tap to middle click
Adds 1-finger tap on right bottom corner to right-click
Adds single finger tap n' hold to left-click and drag
When mechanical click is pressed, edge-gestures are disabled

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly good trackpad!, 29 Dec. 2012
Caroline P. (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I looked upon this with some trepidation as someone who has used a variety of trackpads on a variety of laptops with very different standards of quality, and rarely with much happiness. But with an upgrade to Windows 8 imminent, I thought I'd give it a go. This means that I tested it entirely on Windows 7, and on a desktop PC.

I'm very impressed. It's just about a perfect size, giving around 4 times the area of an average laptop trackpad. The extra space makes all the difference in the world in terms of useability, as you have room to manoeuvre. Plus it is a perfectly engineered product with a very responsive surface whilst being satisfactorily lacking in any kind of annoying "jitteriness".

Within a day or two of use, the pad became entirely an intuitive affair. The functions all work perfectly well in Windows 7 - scrolling, back, forward, minimising windows, making them full size etc. Obviously, there are no 'charms' to bring up and you don't get the Start menu by swiping in from the left because Windows 7 just doesn't work like that. I'd specifically mention dragging and dropping, as that's always (normally) difficult on a trackpad and another reviewer mentioned it. I find it completely easy, using the side of my thumb to click down and hold and a finger to move the item across the screen. Right-clicking takes a little more precision, as it needs to be done on the bottom right-hand corner of the pad. That also became automatic within a few hours use. Shifting unconsciously between 1, 2 and 3 fingers for varying functions also soon became intuitive.

To my surprise, within a few days I found myself preferring the trackpad to a mouse - and I've used a mouse since they were first invented. I really didn't anticipate this. But I'm whizzing around the screen and doing all my mouse functions either as easy, or even more easily, than with a mouse (especially minimising and restoring windows on the screen). My mouse has now been relegated to gaming duties.

Sometimes I find myself leaning back comfortably in the chair, picking up the pad with one hand and using the other to control it, rather than leaving it lying on the desk. As this might suggest, this is also pretty near-perfect control device for anyone with a media centre PC, or anyone with a need to control a PC from a distance (eg in your hand, lap or lying on the arm of the chair next to you while you lie back and relax!)

I'm most impressed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Super product, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad (Accessory)
Had this device a few weeks now and have really enjoyed using it. Gives you access to all of the touch features that Windows 8 making it easily navigable without a mouse. Can see these really catching on once people see how well it hooks into Windows 8.

My only slight annoyance at the time of writing is that there is a bug with dual screens (which Logitech have promised to fix) which means when swiping from the left to switch apps, the software doesn't currently support the swipe and flick back to get the list of running apps. Once this is fixed, I'll see about coming back and giving this top marks!

4.0 out of 5 stars A well designed premium product, 28 Feb. 2013
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Logitech T650 is a beautifully made track pad. It comes in a nice package with an usb charging cable and unifying wireless receiver so you can integrate it with the same receiver as most other Logitech wireless products. In hand the track pad feels very solid and superbly built. I would have no concerns lugging this around with me if needed. Nothing feels flimsy or delicate. It features an on/off button to the side to conserve battery power when not in use. I managed roughly 3 weeks with it, but I am a fairly heavy daily user so I was impressed with this. Whilst charging with the cable it can still be used unless it is totally flat.

It is designed for Windows 8 and the metro touch interface. I am currently using it with windows 7, and after a few weeks I must say I am quite used to it. Learning the gestures reall speeds thing along too. Clicks are done by tapping the pad or pressing down on it.

The track pad (and indeed all Logitech mice/keyboards etc) uses the Logitech SetPoint software of which I downloaded and installed the latest version direct from their site. This was a doddle to setup and is equally easy to configure the track pad.

The track pad is fun to use, especially on a touch based interface such as windows 8. This will only get better I would imagine as app designs move to incorporate and design products that take better advantage of windows 8 features.

There are however a couple of negatives. Clicking down on the pad can be quite laboured, especially right click. And to that end dragging a box across the screen can be cumbersome.
All in all this is a premium product which is very nice to use and feels premium in hand. For me it won't replace a mouse anytime soon as I need the extra precision and control a mouse gives but none the less a well-designed premium product from Logitech that does what it is designed to do well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a couple of beware of's, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad (Accessory)
I purchased this Touchpad to try and save space on my desk, to work with a Windows 7 64bit PC. On opening the box the Setup Guide had clear, easy, instructions. There's no CD/DVD so you need to download the driver software from the Logitech support site. Before using the Touchpad I charged it via a USB3 port, it took about 3-4 hours to get a full charge. The Unifying Receiver and the Touchpad were recognised by Windows as soon as the receiver was plugged into a USB2 port.
The basic Click and Scroll gestures work well but it took a couple of days to master the right-click, and two weeks in I am still struggling to consistently get the click and drag gesture. This product could definitely benefit from a training tutorial that allows you to practise the gestures. I have marked this down to three stars as there are a couple of issues I still haven't found a solution for. Firstly, I have a two monitor setup, and when I try to click and drag a window between monitors my finger runs off the edge of the Touchpad before the window move is complete, often resulting in a window split across the monitors. Changing the mouse sensitivity to allow a drag in one attempt makes the fine mouse movements unworkable for the Photoshop work I do. So, I either have to do multiple click and drag gestures, or I've tried to do a convoluted "click, drag, start swipe with thumb just before finger gets to edge of Touchpad"! The other issue I have is that you cannot rest you fingers on the Touchpad (as this results in a unwanted click event) so I'm getting mild RSI from my hand hovering for extended periods over the pad. I intend to try a wrist support to see if that helps. Your fingers need to be very dry to get the best results, so I've found during a couple of recent hot days I need to dry the tips of my fingers regularly. On the upside the battery life seems very good so far; I leave the Touchpad on all the time and after two weeks the battery is still showing as more than half full.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some issues but, in general, very happy, 23 Jun. 2014
Steven Crook (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad (Accessory)
I've never been a fan of touchpads on laptops. I find them a bit fiddly and inclined to misinterpret my touch as a double-click; sometimes with frustrating consequences. I also suffer from sore forearms and wrists when using a mouse. My job and my principle hobby both involve keyboard/mouse work so this can be a serious factor in my productivity. Consequently, when my mouse recently failed, I was keen to investigate some alternatives. After reading some favourable reviews, I ordered the Logitech T650.

Set up was simple enough, even downloading and installing a firmware update. It should be noted though that these tasks necessitated having a mouse; something to bear in mind if you’re switching from a broken one to the T650. No fault of Logitech, it’s very hard to do anything in Windows without a pointing device. With the drivers installed, the T650 worked straight away and the temporary mouse was disconnected.

I’d expected to find it difficult to get used to the gestures required on a touchpad like the T650. It quickly made me appreciate tasks I took for granted on a standard mouse, such as dragging/dropping and scrolling. Each of these now involves a sequence of tapping and sliding with various numbers of fingers to achieve the desired result. Surprisingly though I picked it up very quickly and it felt quite natural after a few hours use. There are some issues though, mostly relating to applications that require frequent and precise movements. For example, plotting a track on Google Earth is all but impossible due to the high volume of clicks and drags required. I also get frustrated when trying to double-click a button, only to find I've slid the pointer slightly in the process and clicked something else instead. My last issue concerns the smooth surface of the T650. It’s really nice to use when you have completely dry fingers but hot weather and humidity can make it feel sticky and less frictionless.

Despite these issues, I'm enjoying the T650 experience and accepted it as my principle device for day to day use. Logitech’s Unified receiver system makes it very easy to use this in combination with a compatible mouse so I’m going to order one for the applications that are more suited to a traditional pointing device. They will be the exception though as the T650 has greatly reduced my RSI pains and I’ll happy accept it’s minor shortcomings in return for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for windows 8 and more practical than a touch screen for desktop work, 22 Dec. 2012
Kevin Trebell (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Logitech wireless touchpad is a touchpad that can be used as an alternative to a mouse, giving all the usual left, right and scroll functions but also providing the gesture control that has been introduced in Windows 8. This gives an opportunity to take advantage of the swipe and touch features of the new windows interface without needing to stretch out to a touch screen when working on a desktop.

Personally I've found that a lot of what Windows 8 does begins to make more sense and feel a lot more useful when using one of these, as it has been optimised for touch controls and it's nice to be able to take advantage of that functionality without the cost of a touch screen.

It definitely takes some getting used to and I find myself using it a lot in the Windows Start (Metro) screen and starting to get used to it on the desktop but reverting back to my mouse for some things, especially games.

The pad is small and slim and comes with a USB cable to recharge the internal battery. This makes for a slim package but also means that the battery can't be easily changed when the battery eventually dies.

This comes with the Logitech unifying receiver which allows you to connect up to 6 devices to one receiver, thus keeping USB ports free for other purposes.

I find the pad to be responsive and very smooth to use. Windows 8 desktop can definitely be used comfortable without it once you get used to mouse controls (or stay in the old desktop) but this definitely adds good functionality. A good device.

5.0 out of 5 stars T650, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad (Accessory)
This is a superb product.

Despite quite a fair amount of negative reviews, mine worked exactly as it should, every function is working smoothly after a firmware upgrade. The firmware upgrade do fix a lot of known issue, please upgrade the firmware as prompted by the Unifying software, the logitech software.

SetPoint, is not bulky, the installed size is 60mb and it occupies less than 40mb ram. It hardly uses any cpu resource. The software works well with windows 7 and 8 and gives thumbnails of opened software when you swipe 3 fingers upwards. Software updates are not frequent but there arent much features missing. You can configure the T650 and check its battery status.

Some mentioned a freezing problem but I did not encounter any of those. I have been using it on windows 7 and 8 as well as linux all have x64 architecture. There are loads of 3rd party drivers and support on the T650 among the linux community, you just need to know what you are googling for.

Battery can last for around 10 days with around 15hours of usage per day, which is quite impressive.

The glass surface is very comfortable to navigate on and is very wear resistance. There are two buttons hidden on the base to serve as left and right click but you will probably find the multi-finger gesture more convenient.

Touch pad as you know does not give a great deal of precision but scrolling and swiping on it is a very enjoyable. For more precised pointing operations, I still use my mouse and drawing tablet.

Simple operations like browsing the internet, reading pdf, ppt and normal windows operations are made easier as you can 3 finger swipe backward and forward and scroll naturally like a mac trackpad. This is a solidly built product to make day to day computing easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got it, super stoked, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad (Accessory)
And no, you don't have to press hard to click. Install the Logitech drivers to configure it to suite you. You can single tap to click, two finger tap to right click, no hard clicking required. There is also a Logitech Chrome extnesion for super smooth two finger scrolling and you can change the direction so that it works like a touchscreen (up moves page up).

3.0 out of 5 stars Given a 3 because I am not generally impressed with it., 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad (Accessory)
I bought went through the software download and there is already a Logitech device for handling Keyboard and Mouse.

Trying to update the Touchpad to the latest update failed again and again as did the other software. I then went on the Net and saw that old versions were being sold by retailers as the latest.

It took research to find that click buttons and the double tap has never worked, again and again it goes do-lalli and starts doing things I did not intend when deciding to invoke the right hand button.

I find it gets dirty and greasy quickly and I have given up on gentle solutions. It gets wiped with a solution of Tesco cheap hair shampoo on a damp flannel and is then polished with a dedicated cloth and even that leaves you able to see the dirt.

I am a guy with 40 years in IT so I have used a range of equipment but I now have RA and Carpel Tunnel syndrome which means that a mouse is really out of it and it does the job and I don't waste time anymore trying to fix.

It works off the controller software that was already installed and I live with that.

For a Logitech device, I am not impress but I needed something as my hands were having trouble and it does the job.

Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad