5.0 out of 5 stars What price ignorance?
First off let me declare I'm a bit biased ... I worked for and then bought my business from Brad Sugars, teh founder & chairman of ActionCOACH, the World's Number 1 Business Coaching Team.

Published on 26 Sept. 2012 by Ian

3.0 out of 5 stars Read with caution
As a trade contractor, and having some experience in property development and buy to let market, I was hoping really to read this, and try to improve my knowledge, perhaps picking up a few pointers from the book.
Published 16 months ago by WF

3.0 out of 5 stars Read with caution, 10 Mar. 2014
Although it gives a good understanding of the BTL rental market, its important if you're just starting out that you don't take what's written as 'the rules'.
For example, the book goes on to say if you buy a renovation property, allow 10% of its value for renovation, then around 20-30% to end up at the end value. From experience, definitely don't do this. It could be misinterpreted to be cutting the grass, and painting a couple of walls, to proper renovation which most often includes rewiring, some re-plumbing, full decoration, and thats before dealing with damp and rot problems. Most of which you'll find in any 'underpriced' property in the UK.
Also, the book states that you can expect a seller to accept your 'low-ball' offer even in a boom market. Sorry but this statement is absolute rubbish, and even in the lower end of the market I've seen sellers getting offers of 20%+ over their asking price, and over the valuation report.
Generally an okay book, but if you're new to property I'd look elsewhere for more detailed info, or at least get yourself good tradespeople, etc who do have that experience.
a good property book would be one from sarah beeny, who goes more in detail about renovation etc. I did get the impression while reading this book that it had a lot of theoretical items in it from the author, rather than someone who had actually done it. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but that's how it came across.

5.0 out of 5 stars What price ignorance?, 26 Sept. 2012
Ian "IJC" (UK) - See all my reviews

That said this is worth reading just because I'm a great believer of taking advice and following those who have already done what you want to achieve - Brad owns more property than all of the other property gurus and teachers I know put together - I'd say buy and whiz through this and 3 other books before you buy:

Property Magic 2010: How to Buy Property Using Other People's Time, Money and Experience

The Property Coach

The 7 Biggest Mistakes Made by Property Investors and how to Avoid Them

For the sake of thirty quid and a bit of time - how does that compare to the price of ignorance?

To your success,

Ian C.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a non-Action Internation Business Coach ......, 30 Jan. 2008
Mr. M. Hutchinson "surveyor!" (UK / Canada) - See all my reviews
A great book which outlines many good solid ideas and strategies. If only people read between the lines too and did not simply look for an idiots guide to success! Re-Reading of this book is a must to ensure you truly understand the ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone who is on their way to making their 1st million £..., 23 July 2007
Mrs. J. L. Barker (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is for anyone who is on their way to making their 1st, 2nd or 3rd million £ - fantastic book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Estate Coach, 13 Jan. 2006
You can read many books on property investment but none as good as this!
Brad's Property Evaluator makes buying investment properties a breeze.