4.0 out of 5 stars Good but eats batteries
Published 6 months ago by Sedgetone

1.0 out of 5 stars Item good, service bad
Despite the other review on this page regarding this item, the Roland Duo-Capture Ex works like a dream, unfortunately the experience I have had with the service has been a nightmare.

Published 8 months ago by Mr G A Windle

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but eats batteries, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface (Electronics)
I wanted to add MIDI I/O to my iPad4 as well as record a guitar and microphone. This box is perfect for that and it works without issue on my Win7 64bit set up too. One word of warning is around the battery usage. Make sure you do use LR6/HR6 AA batteries and not cheap alkaline cells, they'll get very hot and die quickly. Even with LR6's loaded it still goes through them pretty quick.

The audio recording quality is very good, nice preamps and you can even phantom power (but not on batteries). If it's powered from a PC/Mac via USB or by an external PSU for iPad then it's very good indeed. A nice touch is that they have included a screw earthing point on the back. In short, it has all the I/O I was looking for and the fact I can use it with my iPad and main PC is a bonus. If it's battery consumption was better I'd give 5 stars as bang for buck it's pretty spot on.

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems getting it to work on windows 8, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface (Electronics)
Bought one of these last September and had no problem at all getting it to work with Windows 8, maybe Roland have change something after the other reviews were submitted.

I use this unit for midi and sound capture from a synth (haven't tried a mic yet) with Reason, and it works beautifully. No latency and the samples sound good :)

The only negative is the noise\hiss on the headphone monitoring when the input gain is pushed near the limit, but then again it isn't a big deal as you wouldn't normally crank the levels up to the max.

All in all I'm really pleased with how it performs and sounds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item good, service bad, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface (Electronics)

First of all I know that the other item reviewed was not faulty as instead of a new Roland Duo-Capture Ex I received the previous customers item, along with their delivery note and return form.

From there I complained to Amazon, not about the item as this works correctly, but about the breach in data protection, as I am sure if this had fell into the wrong hands serious fraud could have been committed. My money was then refunded without any mention of this, I advised Amazon that I wanted to keep the item and a return was not necessary, they then recharged me for it and I thought that would be the end of that.

That was until I received an email advising me that if I did not return my item that I would be charged for it again! This would leave me out of pocket and without my Roland Duo-Capture Ex. As this was sold on behalf of Sound Affects Music Ltd, I would not use that seller again under any circumstances, this is the first time in roughly 10 years I have had any problems with Amazon. Sound Affects Music Ltd were the beginning of my first complaint, but since then the problems have snowballed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 means problems, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface (Electronics)
Although there is a prominent blue sticker on the box declaring that this is 'Ready for Windows 8' in fact it isn't. Nor is there a handy driver to download for free from the manufacturers. So most people with Windows 8 on their computer will have to take the computer and unit to their local friendly computer shop to have it made workable - for a fee of course.

This is a big nuisance and a costly disappointment, due entirely to dishonest packaging by Cakewalk/Roland

1.0 out of 5 stars dont waste your money, 1 Nov 2013
C. S. Buchan (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface (Electronics)
DO NOT buy this product. It mafunctions and doesnt even power-up through USB. Roland have advertised falsely with this product but on the OFFICIAL site it states that this product is not compatible with windows 8 or 8.1. Lots of customers are complaining about this. They need to incinerate this box and build things that are worthy of the ever advancing speed of technology upgrades

Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface