5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Ignore all low-rated-reviews, this is an amazing way for your film, music or just browsing. You put the cable from your MacBook Pro to your TV and away you go. If people are having trouble.

Apple Logo (Top-Left) > System Preferences > Sound > Output - Then choose your TV

Published 19 months ago by Jordan

2.0 out of 5 stars Great... until it breaks
Great cable, works flawlessly with my monitor and MBPro Late 2011 at 1920*1080.

Until that is, the problems start. Just shy of two months since I bought it, the cable has become unusable. Intermittent noise on the screen, and sometimes complete disconnection.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but would not recommend it and do not plan on purchasing another.
Published 21 months ago by J. Garcia-Alvite

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 1.8M Mini Display Port DP to HDMI Cable Adapter For iMac MacBook Pro Air LCD TV | Thunderbolt Compatible (Electronics)

Your display can also be changed or adjusted to make it better and to make it fit your screen to either 720p or 1080p/i

Anyway, this is totally worth the money and it works great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great... until it breaks, 8 Oct. 2013
J. Garcia-Alvite (UK) - See all my reviews
Great cable, works flawlessly with my monitor and MBPro Late 2011 at 1920*1080.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 27 May 2014
Mr. J. Hutchings (UK) - See all my reviews
Works perfectly out of the box! I can't think of any negative comments for it. Works a treat! Worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, image is fantastic. Quality also., 5 Jun. 2014
I bought this to use with my Intel NUC mini computer. And it does the job nicely. Nothing complicated, plug it in and it works. Still using it and still no problems. Item arrived on time and as promised from the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 27 Jan. 2014
M. Phipps (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
First time used the Display Port on my late 2010 MacBook Pro to a Pioneer plasma, and this cable works perfectly. Video and sound quality both excellent. Great product!

2.0 out of 5 stars The lowest quality is all in the cable itself, 2 Jan. 2014
This is an interesting solution integrating a mac display port from a side and an HDMI to another. At first impact, after plugged, I found some difficulties to set the proper resolution. 1080p is not properly visualized. 1080i is poor compared to the VGA 1360x768 equivalent so I decided to leave my mirrored desktop with this last option. Basically, I got a VGA cable with decent audio signal through the TV speakers. Not bad, considering my original purposes (watching movies) and the poor cable quality itself (it seems to produce several disturbance in the video signal once you move it, exactly like an old TV cable) but absolutely not satisfied for what this manufacture should promise to customers.

In conclusion, this is what I don't expected to get even if we may take few "hi-tech risk" sometimes. It's sad to accomplish that we still have few and not cheap alternative to Apple original cables, you know. Good idea, poor realization.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 8 Oct. 2013
I bought this item because of the low price and as it was suggested by a friend who works with computers.

It arrived very quickly which I was happy about and immediately got it out to use it.
I had a lot of trouble setting it up in the TV in my room, the picture kept flickering and getting interference and it wasn't showing the same as my laptop screen. I thought it could be my TV so I took it down to the family TV where I spent a good 30 minutes setting it up.

It finally worked but the picture was grainy and had spots of interference throughout. I left it plugged into the back of the TV and when i plugged my laptop back into it today I couldn't get anything. No picture on the screen at all not even a grainy one. My laptop won't even detect it as an audio output like it did before...

Really really disappointed with this item, I might as well have bought the more expensive one from Apple to save all this hassle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 17 April 2014
The cable I received, arrived fast and in a secure packaging. I have been using it with my MacBook Pro 15" along with my Phillips flat screen smartTV and everything works right away, no additional drivers (well of cause not) and what-so-ever! Crisp picture and sound are being transmitted via this cable. Also I had it hooked up to a MacBook Air and an older Sony smartTV with same results! This cable works and I love that I do not have to carry around an adapter, a VGA-cable and a double jack stick anymore. This cable takes care of it all. Bear in mind though that using this with apple computers, your device must not be from before 2010 as they do not support audio and therefore you have to connect a double jack stick for sound. 5 stars - would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, 15 April 2014
I originally rated this product with one star because after a few weeks, just stopped working. The item arrived very quickly and worked perfectly for the first two or three weeks but then simply just stopped working.

Around this time, the seller contacted me and asked me to rate the product at which point I told them that it had broken. Immediately, they got back to me an apologized and said they would send my a new one, free of charge. Just two days later, a new cord arrived and it works perfectly. As they said to me, their products may fail once in a while, but their customer service will not. I am very impressed with this seller and really appreciate that they took the time to get back to me, and to send me a new product free of charge and hassle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Take care, you get what you pay for, 4 May 2015
This cable was the correct item for connecting my Mac Air to the HDMI of my television and it arrived promptly. However, when trying it out the first attempt produced a screen image where you could see what was on the laptop but everythng was pink. I check with local Apple store who said it could be quality of cable? I tried again a few days later and same, an image of what was on laptop screen but everything this time was green! My conclusion is that the cable is faulty. The Apple item was £44+ so I am trying a WiFi item from them that should work with Air, Ipad, Ipod and Iphone as well without cables for a little over £50. Hopefully this will work and produce an image matching the display becuase it also gives me NowTV and other things.