on 25 October 2013
I was very pleased when the shutter-remote arrived - but confused when it didn't work immediately, and it didn't have any instructions with it - but then i decided it was MY fault, for not checking the camera-settings on my Nikon.....and sure enough, you have to set the camera each time you want to use the remote shutter-release. I found the instructions to do this, in my camera user-manual. Essentially, I needed to enter the camera 'menu' then select 'release mode' then choose between 'quick release' or 'delayed release' options. The product works within about 15 feet in front of the camera, and facing the camera sensor. The battery it uses is a CR2025 - a popular easily-obtainable power supply costing about £2. After setting the camera mode, the product itself then worked perfectly. I may even order another, to keep as a backup , as the item is excellent value, and really useful .
on 23 January 2014
I purchased this infrared remote shutter release for my D5200 so I could include myself in Christmas family photos. It was delivered quickly and securely from Hong-Kong for an amazingly low price and works perfectly. One tip: it comes with a little stiff plastic film to prevent accidental run-down of the battery in-transit. Don't throw this away because you can easily slip it back in to protect the release while in your camera bag.
on 4 January 2013
Nikon clone that isn't quite up to scratch. Fine if you just need a remote bulb release, but stand any further than around 6ft from the camera and performance is decidedly hit and miss. If you want a reliable release, go for the original Nikon.
on 24 January 2014
This was DOA. Looking at it closely, its simple enough but made from the lowest quality components, even the flexible button indented on first press. The real thing from Nikon is a few pounds more and probably slightly less junky than this. Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control

As it was a near free add-on item I wasn't too disappointed.

If you really need something that works, this may not be the best choice unless you're lucky and get one that does function out of the box (well a nasty plastic bag actually).
on 23 November 2015
This is the second wireless infrared remote I have bought for my camera. I have used these with the Nikon d60 & the Nikon d3200. It's a fantastic little gadget for taking photos with a tripod.

It's compatible, and has worked without fail every time, I've used the remote at distances up to 5 metres. It's so good I bought a backup as a spare, I couldn't bear of it broke & k was without it.

The main reason for buying this was to get family photos of myself & my family all together, not to have one I us always missing from the photo (an example of which I've attached with this revenue). My friends found it comical at first but they've since bought their own infrared remotes.

A bargain gadget for any camera lover!
review image
on 17 December 2012
An excellent remote triggering device for the camera, saves a lot of mucking about when taking shots with myself in them
on 24 February 2013
A non-expensive product from Photo Plus that works perfectly straight from the box and at a much lower cost than the similar Nikon unit. Just don't forget to adjust your camera settings for it to work.
on 24 December 2012
Spot on. Exactly as described. Arrived before time and worked straight out of the box. Well recommended site. Well pleased.
on 9 August 2013
Notice it says "For" Nikon (and naughtily uses their logo. But it doesn't work for my D3200 which was rather disappointing.
This is a fantastic remote at a very affordable price.
When you receive it you will have no instructions so I have noted the steps I take with Nikon D5300 in case it helps other users.

Open the little plastic sealed bag, remove the battery tab and you are ready to set it up with your camera in a few simple steps:

-Menu
-On the side menu go onto: Camera
Press OK
-Then on the camera menu, you scroll down to "Release Mode"
Press OK
-Then scroll down to "Quick Response Remote"

Please note;
As a standard the camera cancels out of the remote-control modes if it doesn’t receive a signal from the remote after one minute.
You can adjust this timing up to a delay time of 15 minutes by doing this steps:
-Customs Settings
-Timers/AE Lock submenu
-Remote On Duration option
Press OK

Quality of plastic, button or design is not amazing, but does exactly what it's meant to.

Would I buy this item again?
I hope my review has been helpful to you, thanks for reading.