5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down!!
Published on 28 Jan 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing.
i bought this book full of anticipation, and was very disappointed. To be honest i could have done better myself! the tragic tale was written in the style of tabloid journalism, and huge chunks of the girl's life were left unexplained and unclarified. i was moved by the story, but felt the writer did not do justice to a woman who has suffered terrible sins. Possibly...
Published on 16 Jun 2003 by yasmin-housefull

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down!!, 28 Jan 2004
By A Customer
Although at times a harrowing read, this book is a story of a truely strong spirit, it seems unbelievable these things could happen in modern times,(a time of happiness and discovery to most of us in this age group) I could hardly breath when reading of her escape. The fact that she has survived to raise her children is inspiring. God bless you and give you peace in the rest of your life

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read but very sad, 29 Aug 2003
I read this book in around six hours as i was unable to put it down. What that poor girl actually went through only she knows. One can only imagine. Im surprised she didnt actually commit suicide. I can honestly say im sure i'd have killed "the husband" and done time for it. How she kept her sanity one can only guess. A must read for those who enjoy reading about real life. Fantastic but very sad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sold into Marriage?, 16 Mar 2003
Miss K Hanlon (Johnstone, Renfrewshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Sold into slavery more like. I could not believe this actually happened in the 'liberated' 70's with all the glamrock stuff that was going on. Something tells me that somewhere in this island, similar treatment of young women is still going on.
This book was riveting from the first shocking page until the end. I couldn't put it down and when I did, I thanked God for the wonderful life I had growing up in the same period.
This book was very well written albeit painful for the 'victim' and I hope she can move on from this nightmare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reader from Crowland in Lincolnshire., 20 Oct 2003
Mrs. Anne Brooke "nannysprincess" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A truly amazing read. I just couldn't put the book down, once I had started reading it. It seems incomprehensible that somebody should have had to endure what the main character did, as late as the 70's.

5.0 out of 5 stars enduring, 22 Sep 2003
Geeta Jesuthasan (Manchester, Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book really showed how this girls endurance was tested to the limit. It was an inspiring book that at times left me horrified that this could be done to people. Really worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 18 May 2001
By A Customer
I found myself unable to put this book down.... I feel so sorry for Nuala, but I also feel angry that this was allowed to happen to her, her whole life has been ruined leaving her to suffer for her Fathers greed of money. A fantastic but sad book....

5.0 out of 5 stars wicked, 18 Dec 2003
By A Customer
wicked being in the sense that this was allowed to happen and for so long.Nualas ordeal was a travesty ,how her parents slept at night is beyond me and why the police and others failed her beggars belief.Thank goodness she has managed to walk away from all this with at least some of her dignity intact,AND hold her head up as well,for none of this was her fault,only societys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 30 April 2002
Christine L (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
I spent a large part of this story being angry with Nuala's mother. Although she herself was a victim of her husband I simply could not understand how a woman could let something like this happen to her own child for fear of what her husband might do to her. Other than that, this is a fascinating story, and it truly boggles the mind to think that this didn't happen 100 years ago, or in the backwaters of a far away place. This happened in Ireland in the 1970s!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing courage, 23 May 2004
cara boyle (London, England) - See all my reviews
i read this book many years ago now and the heartache and and horror that something like this could happen is still with me. I rember feeling at the end of reading this book that if someone can come out of something as unimaginable at this and still find the will to go on and fight it than what have i got to complain about.It is trully imsipiring into the what the tinest bit of hope can do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 19 July 2005
By A Customer
Unbelievable, but believable. Sad and outraged is what you will feel. Unable to put the book down as you challenge her to get through the pain and torment to live a fulfilling life.
I also recommend: Nightmares Echo and Little Prisoner