5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
Very rarely do you hear a voice that gives you hope that there is still original natural talent out there that hasn't been manufactured or messed about with. This is a wonderfully melodic and at times quite complex and original album, delicate and haunting at times. Simply wonderful.
Published 21 months ago by Gertatron

3.0 out of 5 stars New British talent
You won't expect it at first look but Lucy is a real singer. Having had the chance to hear her live I was amazed by her voice, and also the quality of her songs. Discorver it now in her debut album
Published 20 months ago by Stan

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 27 Oct 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Like I Used To (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Heard Red Face on the radio one time and I've been listening to it on youtube ever since. Got this album on the day of release and it's fantastic. One of those rare albums that you can listen to for ages and still not want to skip any of the tracks. Want to hear her live!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Like I Used To (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
After stumbling upon Lucy Rose while on a couple of websites I immediately loved her songs. While only listening to a few songs before receiving the album, I was sure that I was going to enjoy the whole thing. Definitely give this album a listen and buy it because she is up there in the new crop of breakthrough artists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Like I Used To (Audio CD)
I am a fan of Bombay Bicycle Club (the band from which Lucy Rose started with and accompanies the lead singer)and so when Lucy started doing her own thing, My mum bought me the album for my birthday. The songs are beautifully written, both lyrically and instrumentally, combining indie with pop and folk vibes. I am a big fan of her relaxing, uplifting and truly loveable music. Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing Debut Album, 22 Jan 2013
Coastal J (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Like I Used To (MP3 Download)
A very enjoyable debut album, the overall acoustic emphasis nicely steered away from a certain comfort and predictability on some tracks by some well constructed percussion and electronic (and assorted other) interludes and deviations, not to mention some quite brave changes in tempo which work really well - and still there's that silky voice in control throughout. I found myself likening the album to earlier works by the likes of Feist (e.g. 'Monarch'), Suzanne Vega etc and it wasn't surprising to learn that Joni Mitchell was an early influence on the artist. Really nice to see and hear another refreshing new talent emerge from the sea of commercial-driven dross that surrounds it. Check out the excellent live performances from Lucy on Youtube - always the sign of a true talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first album., 17 Nov 2012
E. N. Evans (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Like I Used To (Audio CD)
She reminds me a little of Florence and a little of the Bombay Bicycle Club with a whole lot that is her own. Thoughtful, quirky, different and very enjoyable. Saw her in concert last night and was amazed at the strength of her voice, perhaps not quite captured on the album. I would definately recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 10 Dec 2013
maria (portsmouth england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Like I Used To (Audio CD)
Really enjoyed this album, a great singer and band, I saw her live because of this album, I was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars favourite albulm of the year, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Like I Used To (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
i love this Albulm having found it on you tube. definately my Albulm of the summer. Esp I will in the middle opf the bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like I Used To Review, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Like I Used To (Audio CD)
I bought this CD after purchasing and becoming a fan of Bombay Bicycle Club- Lucy Rose features as an accompanying singer on the 'A Different Kind of Fix' and 'Flaws' albums. I think this is one of my favourite CDs, and I have quite a few! If you like Indie and/or Folk music, this CD would be perfect- she has a beautiful voice, and some very original, catchy songs. Definitely worth it!Like I Used To

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this album!!!, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Like I Used To (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Lucy's since early last year, and I have been really looking forward to her debut album. All I have to say is that she didn't disappoint. This by far on of the best debut albums i've heard in years. I'm sure this will be the first of many albums for this incredibly tallented artist.

I highly recommend you buy this album!!!

Like I Used To