5.0 out of 5 stars of course I would recommend it I bought one
I am not the type of computer user who is interested in ever bigger and ever faster. But I did want my near 10 year old system updating a little so bought this A4-5300, some new RAM and a motherboard to go with it. My logic went along the lines of it being less hassle buying an APU rather than getting a new graphics card too, and also cheaper.

End result, my...
Published 22 months ago by zaphod5

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
I bought this for a Linux Mint 15 HTPC project. It's reasonable for this purpose, but not the bargain AMD claims it to be. For Windows based machines this may warrant an extra star.
Published 16 months ago by The Taskmaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Fleeting romance but great value for money, 4 July 2013
This review is from: AMD A4 5300 CPU (3.4GHZ, 1MB Cache, 2 Core, HD7480D, Socket FM2, 65W, Retail Boxed) (Personal Computers)
Due to motherboard compatibility issues, I was forced to buy an A4 before I could install my Richland A10 (see my MSI FM2 A75MA E35 review for the whole story). Before I installed the A10 I had a little time to play around with this APU and I must say, performance is very impressive for the price. Everything was nice and quick and looked great on a 32" HDTV. Didn't get a chance to play any games on it but raw numbers and other reviews suggest it should be roughly equal to an Xbox 360 or a PS3 in graphics power so decent performance at 720p but I wouldn't push it up to 1080p (incidentally, on paper it should be very similar to the A6-4455M in my laptop but with a better CPU and that is a pretty competent 720p gaming machine so it should serve you well).

Overall, great price and recommended for a light gaming and HD media PC machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price you can't grumble!, 13 April 2013
Bought this chip for use in a Media Center. Handles 1080P DTS films without any issue. The APU here is a real good weapon to have. I allocated a max of 2GB memory to it from my 8GB on the board. Works a charm.

If you're just using this as general purpose machine or streaming, can't go wrong. Maybe for intensive video editing or gaming you need to look at the higher end of the FM2 range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great seller to deal with very accommodating, 15 Aug 2014
Great seller to deal with very accommodating, Great little processor and quite easy to pick up cheap as people are upgrading now

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly cheap if you just want to surf the net ..., 17 July 2014
Amazingly cheap if you just want to surf the net and watch HD movies. A must have for very basic media pc builds.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as a 95 Watt Athlon 5600, 31 Oct 2014
As good as a 95 Watt Athlon 5600. Low power consumption, but plenty of ability for low end gaming and HD video

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipment Would Recommend, 7 Sep 2014
Item exactly as describe.
Fast shipment
Would Recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent, 5 Feb 2014
Extremely good CPU for the price nice and fast can transfer up to 50 Mbps and runs perfectly on windows 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought it for upgrading bios on an FM2+ motherboard to support the A10 7850K, 21 May 2014
I have rated this product 5 stars, only due to the quick delivery. I have only used it to just upgrade the bios on my Gigabyte motherboard, to make it support the A10-7850K for which it did the job perfectly. As i was excited to try out my A10 7850k i did not try this processor with windows, therefore i have no clue of how it actually performs, I just know that the A10 7850K is amazing processor and it was worth for me to buy this processor just to upgrade my bios to support the A10 processor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class, 19 Dec 2013
Although my use of it has thus far been limited I have already seen vast improvement over my previous processor. Great performance for such a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Oct 2014