Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.59

on 22 March 2016
I have listened to Breakbot for several years now and have been looking forward to adding this record to my collection.

Music: By your side differs a lot from conventional music I listen to, it combines genres such as funk, disco and house with fantastic vocals. throughout the record there is a great diversity and its a pleasure to listen to all the way through

Sleeve/packaging: This is a double disc vinyl thats unfortunately not in a gatefold package. This is thoroughly disappointing as it means storing two records squeezed in together. I feel that for the price of a new record it is a shame they needed to save money on the sleeve. The art work itself is great, however, the insert is just a reproduction of the outer artwork and doesn't bring anything new to the product. For these reasons alone I havent given 5 stars as i think it thoroughly lets the product down.

Overall: the disappointing packaging wouldn't have been enough to turn me off this record as the music is fantastic
on 30 October 2012
I have this on my Christmas wish list - on CD. Most music these days I just download on MP3 but this is a precious album I want to own both physically and musically.

Listened to all the tracks on Ed Bangers Youtube channel and can confirm theres not one duff track on here. A must buy for anyone who like funk/disco with a modern twist.

This album is so diverse and the influences are easy to spot. From Michael Jackson to Supertramp to Daft Punk all lovingly crafted with superb production, wrapped up with 'The French Touch'

Its a feel good album, usually you buy an album and like maybe 3 or 4 tracks on it; sometimes cheaper to download those individual tracks but this album is so complete it'd be a sin to split them.
on 25 May 2013
I bought this album on the amazon recommends system so i really had no idea what was coming to me.
I woke up on one of these freezing summer mornings the sky grey and the rain had started before i got to the end of my road HMMPH!

So I popped the album in my stereo to for something a little different, and how different to my day this was! Influence wise i would say MJ the BeeGees and d'punk (discovery) went clubbing somewhere in the 70's. Very well produced, fun loving and smile inducing. This album turned a cold English morning into a bright Californian afternoon.

So i recommend getting a little vitam d courtesy of breakbot.
on 10 April 2016
A wonderful album that surpassed all my expectations. In my opinion, 'Baby, I'm Yours' and 'Another Dawn' are stand-out tracks. The addition of a free CD was very useful (I understand the album now comes with a free MP3 download rather than the CD).

However, I think the product would be enhanced if - there being two vinyls - it came in a gatefold sleeve, which would prevent the two vinyls having to be squeezed into the single sleeve.
on 26 February 2014
The first DJ set I ever went to was a Breakbot DJ set. I was 21 and going to that set changed my perspective on music so much.

This album is revolutionary in ways of its own. Bringing back 80's funk sounds with smooth synths and vocals to die for.

It came with a CD which is a big plus ! Recommended !
on 26 December 2012
Listened to his work on sound cloud & thought it was amazing. Expected this was going to be exactly the same stuff, but it wasn't quite. Disco funk feel about it. Maybe a few more plays.
on 31 August 2013
Lots of obvious influences in this album: Daft Punk, Michael Jackson, Prince. All in a good way - this album is packed full of strong tunes with some great production. Recommended.
on 27 May 2013
A cracking album for bopping away to at home or away. Jaw-dropping hooks and funky beats make this album a must-have for your collection.
on 21 November 2012
Why are you reading the reviews? just buy the album! it is completely awesome - smooth, funky coolness that is perfect for any occasion
on 12 August 2013
Found this album recently and thought I had to buy it. One of the best Albums I've heard for a long time.