Price:£19.99+ £1.99 shipping

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 January 2014
***UPDATE 29 Jul 2015: Still over the moon with this loom - I've always got a project going on it, and I've even used it for my sewing students to demonstrate how fabrics are woven!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: What a beautiful loom! Mine arrived (from seller GJ Beads, very well packed to protect the loom and accessories) just one day after dispatch and is exactly as described.

Opening the box I found:
*Three sheets of blank graph paper
*A double sided sheet of American Indian beading patterns in clear large print, so easy to read
*A double sided sheet with the best clear, concise instructions and tips including finishing off instruction I've ever seen with a new loom, and believe me this last month I've seen many in the search for the right seed bead loom!
*The 2 piece loom stand ('side-walls', MDF, can be painted or press-on decorated, seems very sturdy to me!)

In a thick plastic bag:
*Two thumb length vials of opaque glass seed beads (look to be a 12/0)
*Two good quality beading needles (and I can actually see the eye with just my trifocals!)
*Two generous reels of weaving thread (white)
*The metal coil rods with wing nuts
*The wooden rollers with wing nuts

The buyer assembles the loom - it's very quick and easy to set up. Warping this first time is a little fiddly but from prior loom experience I know it's only the first time that's fiddly. Set-up and warping to first few lines of bead weaving took less than 15 minutes. The parts feel sturdy and I believe this loom will last for a very long time even with the daily use I intend to put it through.

The metal coil rods have 12 dents per inch (the dent is the space where the warp thread goes, the beader will find best results using beads sized one number down from the dent number) so I'll be able to confidently use this loom with my favourite seed bead size 11/0 to create bracelets, belts, and panels for framing, etc.

The rollers are also very good quality - good weight, smooth, no rough edges, and the instruction book includes the suggestion of padding the roller to keep rolled finished work from being dented by the warp rivets.

The size 12/0 that came with the loom are a little too small to use with the loom so the threads will show but they're great for practice and I can also use them for hand-stitching. Not my fav colours or style, these are opaque American Indian beading colours - I work with translucent and silver foil beads to do Art Nouveau patterns. But not enough of a 'drawback' to give this package anything less than a 5* rating because really, this is a fantastic loom, the only thing better would be a bespoke, professional loom costing far more.

If you like seed bead looming and need a high quality loom that's easy on neck and back, this is your loom.
on 1 June 2013
This is the best design and sized loom I've used to date!!!!!
It's a lovely size and can be used for larger panels than the standard looms that are on the market.
Because of it's size and shape it's really comfortable and easy to set up and use. I've used the smaller flatter styles in the past and have ended up with ricks in my neck and back. This on the other hand has had some thought put into it. is well made, anda real pleasure to sit at in a more upright position.
It's well priced and was designed and made in Britain............!!!! I'm very impressed and pleased to own this loom!!!!!! Brilliant !!! One of my better purchases!
on 17 October 2015
I have owned this loom for several months & have made several bracelets using Miyuki 11 beads, mostly delica but occasionally seed.
I would sum up the good & bad points as follows:

Pros:
Good idea to have a slanting loom as you don't have to bend over it too much.
Price is reasonable &, in theory at least, you can make things up to about 90 columns wide.
Threading the loom is easy if you have a small no. of columns (not more than 15).
The loom sits easily on a tray with room for a beading mat & other paraphernalia.
Enough beads, designs, thread etc. are provided to start you off.

Cons:
Those pesky wing nuts! How could they design it with those.... arghh. They really get in the way.
As the number of columns increases, the project becomes increasingly unstable. Threading is more difficult & beading also. See tips below.
The side pieces of the loom can get in the way when you are beading at the extreme top or bottom.
The instructions are a bare minimum, that's all.

Tips
If you are a beginner, start with a very small project (not more than about 9 columns wide) & use just 1 holding screw top & bottom.
I use a continuous warp thread & I make sure that each successive warp crosses over the previous one. This helps to keep the threads on the holding screw. For the same reason, I use masking tape over the screws & the end of the warp thread.

Make sure the warp threads are as tight as possible before you start beading & watch them like a hawk for any sign of slackness.
This is particularly important at the start of the beading - after a few rows everything stabilises to some extent, thank goodness.
I did not find the thread included in the kit was much use. I use Fireline.

I use tiny clothes pegs to stop the beads dropping off the end of the weft thread.
Make sure you pull the weft tight after every row to avoid loops.
A sticky beading mat is very useful for keeping the beads under control.
Don't use a long weft thread until you've had some experience - even Fireline can get tangled & add to a beginner's problems.
I have just completed a bracelet 44 columns wide & it wasn't easy. Don't be tempted to try the project in the picture unless you're already an experienced crafter - problems mentioned are magnified as the number of columns increases.
Long beading needles are very useful for wide projects. I'm also experimenting with freezer bag clips to keep the first (most difficult) row stable.
Be aware that you could spend more time on the finishing than the beading &, as with most crafts, it takes practice to get an acceptable finish.
I found "Tricks to Looming & Bead Weaving" useful on You Tube - sheathing the ends with leather or suede works for me as I'm more a gluer than a sewer.
on 12 November 2012
My daughter made her jewellery by hand till I found the Beading Frame on Amazon. She is absolutle delighted with it.
She makes wonderful gifts for Xmas
on 7 February 2013
after missunderstanding and the loom being send to wrong address-the seller was so nice and send me new one to the right address. loving the bead loom, it is standing one so you don't have to hunch over it....recomend to everyone who wants to try it.
on 25 December 2014
Bought this for my daughter and we were unable to assemble it until my husband had drilled some more holes as two were missing, not what you want to be doing on Christmas day. As this is described as the Ultimate kit I was unimpressed.
on 28 February 2014
Kit was as described by seller. One problem arose as i found the instructions were not very helpful for the beginner. I had to source clearer information from another source. Delivery was within the time scale given.
on 30 October 2013
I found this easy to set up and had easy instructions and took little time to master. Great product, would reccomend it to anyone.
on 23 March 2014
Excellent loom! And the little kit it comes with is good for getting you started. I think I'll but another one for my daughter-in-law she'll love it! Arrived very quickly, only took 2 days through the post. Seller must have dispatched very quickly.
on 25 November 2013
This is a very good design and will be much better to work on than other types of looms where you are constantly hunched over them as you work. I thought it was worth the money not to expensive and it seems sturdy enough for the work I will be doing. It was relatively simple to assemble without any instructions. A few beads were also added to start anyone off if they had none to start with and a few basic designs to work. All in all I was very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone else who was starting out on the hobby of making seed bead jewellery and gifts.