5.0 out of 5 stars Best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned
Forgive me - I will undobtedly go overboard in my praise of this product. I've had a Dyson before and although I liked it - the pick up power let it down. I reverted to my previous hoover. This Dyson however is a complete success on every level - I can't find a fault with it. So - I've stated my position and you know I love it - here comes the detail:
Power - this is...
Published on 5 Oct. 2012 by n7misc

3.0 out of 5 stars The storage unit isnt a probem
I've been using this now for a couple of weeks.
Pros: very handy especially with spills or local problems such as yet another clump of hair from my hair-factor dog. Just pull off and vacuum. Great reaching under tables and drawers where the upright cannot. Very powerful in the car which looks as clean now as when bought.
Cons: it isnt a replacement for a "real"...
Published on 31 Oct. 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned, 5 Oct. 2012
n7misc (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Power - this is one heck of a little sucker!It picks up without fail on every surface I have tried so far - short pile carpet, long pile rug, wood and lino (including wet lino - no problem!) and it picks up first time.
Mobility - Cordless. Oh my gosh. I can't get across how amazingly useful this is. I've had handheld cordless hoovers before - all fairly rubbish to be honest. This is not a handheld hoover. This is a proper vacuum with no cord - if you catch my drift. Brilliant for stairs - I have a slipped disc which made carrying even the small Dyson hard before - but this is so lightweight it is no problem.
Ergonomics - the trigger / on button is positioned so that when you pick it up it can be turned on by accident - no problem but a bit annoying - but it is so light I can pick it up with two fingers - which means this is no issue now I am used to the design.
Emptying / Cleaning - SO easy! The empty button is easier than previous models and the dust just falls out of the bottom. The filters are extremely easy to get to - do clean them - it makes a difference to performance.
Attachments - 5 including the long pipe. The carpet / floor attachment is great - has beaters that get more dust than you knew was there out and comes apart easily so you can get the hair wrapped around it off easily. The upholstery cleaner is effective. The long pokey corners attachment is specially long - very handy for behind the loo and awkward corners. The little pokey attachment with a brush that pulls down (what is that called?!) is useful for shelves etc. The long pipe means no bending required - ace for those of us wuth a few aches and pains. Use it without for stairs...
Duration of charge - it says 20 minutes but I think they have erred on the side of caution here. It does my two storey two bed flat in one charge and still has charge left... and I am not that quick!
Storage - comes with a super nifty little rack that you screw to the wall - nicely tucked away and easy to access - no more dragging the hoover out from under whatever has been chucked on top of it (that can't just be my house?!)

All up - I couldn't recommend this more highly. If you are in any way limited in your movement or have damaged / painful joints or back - get this. If you are older - get this. I think this is simply the best vacuum out there.

Update: vacuum is still going strong. I still love it. I just tried the new cordless Hoover and it doesn't compete. One negative comment after using the Dyson for a long time - the mechanism to release the brush from the main floor tool is poor. The coin turn slot wears down quickly. I can't open it myself which means hubby has to clean Hoover head. Otherwise all good and I will be so sad when it dies!

5.0 out of 5 stars in a wall to wall carpet house this is a great help and the best gift you can give to a busy household, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
first let me tell you that this was going to be an additional vacuum, for small jobs, stairs etc.
but as soon as we started using it, it became the primary vacuum cleaner in the house, and the other one, the corded, reliable henry, is now parked in the garage.
i got it after my lady of the house asked me to vacuum our 2 flights of carpeted stairs one day and i was huffin and puffin tripping on cords and plugging and un-plugging as i went up to the bedrooms and down to the front door trying to balance the henry in one hand and the pipe in the other while twisting the hose around me like a pretzel. you have all been there.
so i got the Animal and the stairs became a breeze, 21st century has arrived.
our routine is this: first 2 bedrooms upstairs, and the small landing, stop by the bin at the top, empty the canister, down the stairs vacuuming as we go, all the way down to the front door, back up to the kitchen, dump the canister, vacuum the kitchen and the main floor. charge. you will realize that the 20 minutes is a lot of time when you can breeze through your place unencumbered by cords, and unlimited by outlets. also, if you mount your Animal in a strategic location, on the wall, near or in the room where most action happens, you will use it for a few seconds, when the need arrises, limiting the need for a major clean-up.
yes, once in a while i sit down and pop out the brushes, and clean the hair off them with scissors takes 30 seconds per attachment, yes, you have to empty the canister a few times during the 20 minutes, if you decide to go for the whole house, takes 5 seconds, including a walk to the bin.
and finally: YES - it is the best gift you can give to a busy household !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I have never before been compelled to write a review for Amazon,so let's take that as the first marker.

Me - working mum, very long, blonde hair (this is relevant later)
Hubby - messy
Child- one toddler
Other - long haired dog
House - 3 double bedroom semi
It has its work cut out.

My wonderful wonderful dad ordered this for me without prompting, as for the past 2 years I've bored him rigid with my hatred for my now retired Dyson Animal stair-sitter cleaner. I hated it. Simply hated it. It toppled down the stairs, attacked my shins, knocked 40 years of paint off the woodwork, turned turtle at every opportunity and couldn't be arsed to pick up lint. I loathed it.
It became so bad that my husband's utter refusal to use it would have been cited in court at any resulting anger-induced trial.
Well hello there, what's this? A parcel for me....let's take a look. So small, so light, there can't be anything to it. Well let me tell you busy people and overworked parents - this is a revolution!

It has, quite simply, changed my life. That might seem a bit over the top, but no. It is effortless. A full charge (5 hours from flat and it stops charging when full so you don't waste energy) covers my 3 bedroom house with ease. It loses no power. The storage is smaller but empties with ease (twice in a whole house run). It has a ball guided head that makes hairpin bends a breeze. It is ultra-low profile meaning it slips under ledges. The turbo brush head pulls up my long, long hair from a ridiculous burgundy (we rent) carpet without a second pass. The brush head slots out simply with the gentle turn of a 2p in the slot, so you can snip hair off after use. The mini head is powerful and the edge leans to maintain contact with curvy sofas.

I was once told that these could never replace a 'real' vacuum. Well I'm here to attest that yes - it can. And what's more, instead of stewing, and sulking and bitching about the vaccuming needing to be done (I could do this for over a week) I now pick up my new, helpful buddy whenever I need to and smile as we dance round.

I don't dread unannounced visitors - goodness me, that is life-changing. Last minute plans, yes of course, come round.
I am a nicer, happier wife and mum.

Now, should you need one last thing to tip you over the edge. The very first evening this little marvel arrived, my husband of 6 years picked it up and used it, properly, to clean. And he has done so regularly ever since. Boom!

Go Dyson. I love you x

3.0 out of 5 stars The storage unit isnt a probem, 31 Oct. 2012
Amazon Customer "cjwinyorks" (N Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I've been using this now for a couple of weeks.
Cons: it isnt a replacement for a "real" vacuum if you have carpets. It takes up grit, dirt and hair so the carpet is clean, but the nap is unchanged and it feels like only the top dirt is removed.
So today I went into full nerd mode. I fully vacuumed downstairs with the hand held. Good amount grit, dirt and hair. I then emptied the upright dyson and vacuumed again. It was twice as quick as the nap was pulled upright so you knew where you'd been plus the head is twice as wide. At the end there was a bit of grit/dirt, but there was a ball of dog hair almost the size of a tennis ball, and the DC44 is the "animal" version. Also the carpet looked vacuumed.
Hence it does clean up, but not as well as an upright. I think on laminates it would be as good.
When researching this unit I often had reports that when the vacuum is taken out of the wall unit there is a scary cracking sound and they worry about it breaking.
The instructions clearly state that you lift the vacuum before pulling it forwards. This clears a hook it rests on. The cracking comes from trying to simply pull the vacuum forwards over the hook. Do it right and it is smooth and silent

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I have been wary of this product for some time. It seemed a lot of money for 20 minutes charge. However having had it for a week my wife would rather I leave than the Dyson. The whole house can be cleaned on a charge as there is no trailing cords or bulky hoover to move around. I have no hesitation in recommending this and this seller to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
This vacuum cleaner is not as good as I had expected it to be. It is great that you can zoom around from room to room and I wouldn't go back to a vacuum cleaner with a cord. The down side to this vacuum is that it does clog up quite frequently and is difficult to clear, I don't find the suction that brilliant either and to be perfectly honest it does not hold enough charge to clean my whole house in one go. The switch to keep it turned on is difficult for anyone with stiff hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most honest review ever!!! 😆, 5 Mar. 2015
This dyson is amazing!
I have had an upright for years... This has changed my life!

I have 2 young kids who love emptying and crushing wotsits & milky buttons into my cream carpets! This does such a good job! No mess left and can leave them happy and trashing the place knowing my little blue dyson is sitting waiting and ready for the challenge!
Also have a cat, no hairs anywhere! It's amazing using the pet hair tool how much hair you thought was never there!

Charging it is not a pain, leave it overnight! Switches off when it's fully charged so no wasted energy!

And if that hasn't swung you already ladies the thought of clean wotsit free carpets... Get this...

My man now hovers!!!

Best Hoover iv ever bought!

I have a 3 bedroom house and have never run out of charge hoovering yet!

😍😍😍

Mam of 2 & a cat... & a hoovering husband!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for limited applications, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
How on earth Dyson have managed to avoid breaching consumer protection legislation while showing a lady apparently waving the DC44 in mid air with one hand is a mystery. You can't unless you've done weight-training. On the floor, however, it is easily light enough to manoeuvre with one hand. The same applies when using it without the standard tube and main brush, to get into places normal vacuums just won't reach. That includes all those "dead" areas car designers build into their products (their own vehicles must be filthy!), which is really where the optional extra tools come in very handy.
The DC44 is no substitute for a proper cleaner on carpets, but it takes no time to unhook and apply to those odd areas of dropped crumbs or drilling dust, cushions with pets' hairs etc, dealing with them well enough to postpone hauling the main machine out every time.
But it won't do a "full clean". I can manage about ¾ standard family car before it stops and the boot has to be done with another hoover - the re-charge time isn't fast enough to just wait a few minutes. But at least it does keep going until the battery is exhausted, rather than slowing down and missing stuff. So - don't expect it to be more than the machine which does almost all the smaller jobs you really wish your main floor cleaner would do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this in July, 3 months ago. Wanted to love it but, it let's me down every time I use it. My issue is with blockages in the main/largest brushing tool. I have to dismantle it and clean it after just a few minutes of use. I'm vacuuming a rug and small area of slate floor. So far, I have not been able to use it once without clearing a blockage. If this attachment blocks so easily, Dyson should supply a tool to help remove detritus. An expensive appliance - which is a big let down

1.0 out of 5 stars Fortunately I purchased with Amazon prime so absolutely NO problem ..., 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Am returning this 11 months after purchase since Dyson will not help with an ongoing problem - apparently it's down to the seller if within the 12 month guarantee period. Fortunately I purchased with Amazon prime so absolutely NO problem with a refund. However I am disgusted with Dyson's attitude though they are more than happy to SELL me replacement parts!!!!! The biggest problem is that sometimes the charge lasts for less than two minutes - I have read other reviews that mention the battery being displaced but this is not the problem with mine - other times it lasts longer but the suction is very poor. I took Dyson's advice and replaced filters at considerable cost but have now reached the end of my tether.
This is an expensive vacuum cleaner and, as such, I expect a MUCH better attitude from the manufacturer. No more Dysons for me - EVER.

Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner