5.0 out of 5 stars Great story. Loved it!
Read a lot of Z A Maxfield and enjoyed most. I think she has a great way of making her characters likeable and quirky. I like her humour, just my style.

Published 24 months ago by mack55

3.0 out of 5 stars expected more
hmmmmm, i adore Z.A Maxfield's books usually, but this one was just 'ok'. I really liked the character Deirdre in the book, and there are some very funny parts. I guess I just wasn't struck with the character Nigel. If you usually love her stuff give it a go!
Published 18 months ago by Koxer (uk)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story. Loved it!, 4 Sep 2012
mack55 (Uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gasp! (Kindle Edition)

Nigel Gasp is exactly how you would expect a successful rock star to be, he's an exhibitionist, over the top, immature, shallow, off the wall and narcissistic but he's also extremely talented, funny, witty and has a way of disguising himself when the need arises, that made me laugh out loud more than once in the book! To tell you how, would be a real spoiler so read it to find out, it was classic! As the story progressed I started to love him more and more regardless of some of his personality traits being a bit none PC. At the start he is on the cusp of turning 40 ( still hot and gorgeous though ) and is convinced he's going to end up as a has been, washed up star, so he decides to go out with a bang. After getting caught doing 'naughty things' on video, his manager Dierdre, who is pregnant gets her brother Jeff Paxton, ex soldier retired, back from a tour of Afghanistan, to act as his bodyguard whilst he lies low for a while at a luxury resort.

Jeff is his complete opposite strong, focused, moral and thoughtful and even though he is a lot younger than Nigel, is like the ' grown up ' having to babysit the 'child'! He has been a fan of Nigels for a long time but the reality outweighs the fantasy and from the word go Nigel puts Jeff through hell until he finally snaps, and from then on we are treated to a funny, emotional love story that made me laugh, sigh, shake my head a few times but never bored me. The sex was hot, sensual and sexy but it was also deeply emotional at times. The chemistry was great between them and the humour exactly to my liking, the banter they have is witty,snarky and sarcastic and was one of my favourite aspects of the story. The secondary characters were great too and there is just the right amount of angst and conflict to balance out the humour. I actually finished it with a few tears in my eyes!

It's a little more expensive than most but I thought it was worth every penny. Reccomend this if you're a fan of Z A Maxfield, ranks high in my opinion. I loved it.

3.0 out of 5 stars expected more, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Gasp! (Kindle Edition)

Gasp!