5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on
Sick of faffing around with long wires and don't have space in my bag for the full-sized cans, so these are just the job. No idea how they work but they do!
Published 11 months ago by REBECCA H.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for audio but too much lag for video
I was bought a pair of these headphones for Christmas but unfortunately ended up returning them for a refund.

The good points:
Build quality was excellent.
No issues pairing with my phone to receive audio, and no issues with the audio dropping out during runs.
Audio quality was excellent.

The bad:
Buttons are a bit small and...
Published 9 months ago by AngryBadger

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for audio but too much lag for video, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jaybird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth Earphones with Sports Earbuds (Wireless Phone Accessory)

The good points:
Build quality was excellent.
Audio quality was excellent.

The bad:
Buttons are a bit small and fiddly to use if you're mid-run.
The big issue for me was although the audio quality was fine, the audio delay was considerable when watching video on my player. So, when out for a run and listening to just music the headphones were great. But if I was in the gym on a bike/crosstrainer and wanted to watch some TV or a movie the lag was too great and made it unwatchable. I expect the audio lag was around 0.5 to 1 second - which doesn't sound much but gets annoying pretty fast.
I raised this with the Jaybird support guys who confirmed that this was simply a fact of life using bluetooth and that they couldn't suggest any solution.

Not sure if this affects every phone/player to the same extent - if you don't have the same issue then these are great headphones. I was using a Google/LG Nexus 5 as my audio/video source.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful build quality, 2 Mar 2014
Sound is excellent as expected for the price but the built quality is awful.
Less than 9 months of not very regular use & something has come loose within the right hand side unit & rattles with every movement.

Not the 1st review I've seen with this problem so I'd advise avoid.

2.0 out of 5 stars They should be great but....., 26 April 2014
Rowan (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I really wanted to rate these higher. The fit is good, they are secure enough my daily runs, they seem to cope with rain and sweat and pairing is faultless with my Samsung S4. On the down side the call quality is not great with the party on the other end struggling to hear me, the cable keeps getting caught in my collar and tightens up and it has developed a really annoying rattle in the right ear piece. It sounds like something is loose and if I lightly hold the top switch and shake them the rattle goes away. After only 6 weeks of use i was really disappointed especially since they ate not cheap. Now i have the hassle of returning them and finding something else. BT sports earphones are a nightmare.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Product - even worse customer service, 4 April 2014
Bensoka, apart from being impressively unhelpful, seem to completely comfortable selling products with life span of 6 months. This product is faulty and the inability to rectify this issue sits solely with this highly unprofessional attempt at a company. Unfortunately for Amazon, this drags them down to their level.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never had to give a 1 star review before...., 24 July 2014
R. Evans - See all my reviews
Doesn't seem to automatically re-connect to previously paired devices; have to go into bluetooth settings on my iphone, for example, every time it want to connect. Audio quality is acceptable for phone calls but abysmal for music. Before buying, I disregarded the opinions of a couple of audiophile reviewers, thinking they were being overly demanding. But honestly, even the most gentle track at low volume causes the speakers (especially the right hand one) to distort badly. I have completely given up listening to music on them. I occasionally use them for conference calls, when I remember to allow myself enough time to re-connect. Rubbish at half the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted, 13 Oct 2014
I am really disappointed in these headphones. The product lasted about 6 months before they malfunctioned. I used these for my gym workouts. When these were working, they were great headphones. I had received these as a birthday present and they really worked well. I enjoyed the sound quality and the freedom from not being tethered to the phone while working out. They fit securely so I was never worried about the headphones slipping out of the ear. They functioned as advertised for the 2~3 hours a day, 5 days a week that I used them.

The trouble began about 3-4 weeks before the headphones stop functioning completely. I first experienced a humming noise in the headphones when the music played. This was followed by a decrease in usage time before they needed a recharge [lees than 90 minutes of usage at one point]. Then one day the headphones would not turn on and sync with my phone. All indications from the headphone showed that it was charging (red light was on). However, the light would not go off after the stated recharge time. I even left the phones to charge overnight but this did not work. Additionally, it seemed that something inside the right ear bud had come loose within it. I would hear a piece moving around that I did not hear while they were in working order.

Like I said, I really enjoyed these headphones while they worked. However I would have expected a life span to be far greater than 6 - 7 months. Therefore I would not recommend these given the issues I experienced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 8 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE!!!, 8 April 2014
I read the reviews and looked at loads of different earphones before going for these. I was worried they would be terrible and I would have to send them back. The post couldnt arrive quick enough. I was like a kid at christmas!! The packaging is great. Looks expensive. These have made working out so much easier. no wire flapping about. no accidentally pulling them out of your ears. They look fairly fancy too. I wanted someone to ask me about them just so i could rave on about them. The only thing I'm not too keen on is that the wire that goes behind your head is not adjustable. I'd prefer it didnt touch off my neck as obviously it can get a bit sweaty there. I found the solution though. I loop them through my pony tail!! Problem solved. Only lost signal when I walked into a different room to get some water which is to be expected. Very clear for phone calls too. I skyped using them and the other person couldn't believe that these were bluetooth. So glad I bought these!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great in many ways but not where it matters, 5 Feb 2014
I returned these to Amazon for refund.

The earphones sound great, well balanced with plenty of bass. The volume is also perfectly adequate, louder than direct plug-ins.

The fit is brilliant. It takes a while to read the manual, select the right buds and fit the little wing-like soft attachments that keep the buds firmly in your ears but it's well worth it. The buds never felt like they were coming even slightly loose; I'd say they're the best fitting and most secure earbuds I've ever used.

The function is almost there. In terms of usage; skipping a track forward, going back, answering a call, adjusting volume - well, it works, sort of. The power button needs to be held down for 7 seconds to turn on and 3 seconds for off. 7 seconds is a bit long when you've done it a few times. Volume up and down needs a short press on the up/down buttons. Track forward/back needs a long press on the same buttons - and here's where it goes wrong. Forward, no problem. Back doesn't work - it takes at least 2 seconds of holding the button to get the track change command - and on my phone, using Google Play as the player, 2 seconds is too long - track back just restarts the track you're playing.

Answering calls works well with a brief press of the top power button. You can also use voice control if your phone supports it.

More than anything else - and you'll find this in other reviews of this device - the bluetooth range is just too short. The instructions explain very well that pockets are too low, and that you must wear your phone on your right, because the bluetooth antenna is placed in the right hand bud. That's fine; I use a Spibelt to hold my phone at waist height on my right hip. I tried forward a bit, back a bit. I tried assorted orientations of my phone. It works - but during my runs, the audio just drops out for a split second every so often. It's not totally out of range; I walked to the kitchen leaving my phone in the living room and the earphones beeped to tell me I was out of range; they reconnected when I got closer.

If you test it on a table at home it'll be fine, but your body will interrupt the signal - it seems unless the phone is in an armband. If you're going to do that, might as well use wired earphones, even without remote control, because the phone is easy to reach and operate. My Nexus 5 is too big to fit in a decent armband but the Spibelt is excellent for waist wearing.

I bought these because waist worn phones in a zip pouch are out of reach when running and I wanted a securely fitting, great sounding, remote control set of earphones designed for sport. This product is all of those things, but it doesn't work due to limited bluetooth range.

The earphones come in lovely packaging with witty ideas (the box reveals the words 'great choice' when you open it, and the box itself has a magnetically held flap - very Apple-like) and also includes a magnetically fastened hard case, which looks nice but is cheap, plasticky and lets down the overall quality of the product.

Until the bluetooth range is fixed, I wouldn't bother. I'm looking for wired earphones with inline remotes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buttons poor, 3 Oct 2013
Mr. A. Brett (Ilford, IG1, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The on-off button is fiddly at best. Sometimes it took more than one attempt to turn on or off. It eventually failed on mine after approx 2 months of daily use.