4.0 out of 5 stars A good bit of kit but not without some annpoying aspects
We purchased this for our small business to replace an old R300 which was past its sell by date. The first thing we noticed was that the colours on the ink used by epson are really good and vibrant, but very expensive per cartridge. The machine is fast and prints a lot quicker than most inkjets and was easy to set up.
The scanner is really good although to be fair...
Published 10 months ago by Mr. M. Cleghorn

Published 5 months ago by Hugo W.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bit of kit but not without some annpoying aspects, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-2540WF Colour Multi-functional Printer (Personal Computers)
The scanner is really good although to be fair the fax is appalling and doesnt really work that well, which is a good job as we didnt buy it for that function, its sleek and nice to look at, easy to operate, good value and hardworking. The wifi connectivity is good.
The most annoying aspect is that we switched to a replacement ink cartridge and now contend every other day with an error message saying we are not using genuine epson ink which then takes multiple clicks to get rid off. If it wasnt for that it would have got 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice printer. Good value, 30 Jun 2013
The diagnostics are much better on this printer than my last Brother model. I had some connection issues on set-up. However I printed a report which told me to look for a WiFi channel conflict and after selecting another channel (nothing to do with the printer) it connected without any problem. We are pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good bit of kit, 10 May 2014
Extremely impressed with this multifunction printer.

I bought it to replace my old scanner, which would only work on Windows XP.

I wanted a scanner that could scan multiple sheets automatically. This is great, and you can then save them as one document. I have now archived so much.

I did not really plan to use it as a printer as I already have a colour laser, but have printed a few things to try it & it is very good, not far off laser quality.

As a photocopier it is fast & good.

The wifi connection to our laptops is great. I bought this model because it had Ethernet too. I was concerned that the wifi may not be reliable, but it is. Therefore consider the slightly cheaper version without Ethernet.

Finally the small size is ideal for home use.

Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect choice at a perfect price., 20 Nov 2013
I spent a long time looking for the right printer at the right price and this was certainly it. The size of it was critical, particularly with the rear paperfeed projecting upwards and tilted slightly backwards. It was no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 3 April 2013
Good buy, good quality print, have not tested scanner yet but will do soon, print is slower than I thought but set up was super easy!

1.0 out of 5 stars This printer is driving me mad!!! Think before purchasing...., 2 May 2014
I am now on my second WF-2540. I returned the first one to the supplier (not Amazon) because I could not get it to work over wi-fi. The main reason for choosing it was so that all the families iOS devices could printer wirelessly. On un-boxing the replacement and setting it up I immediately hit the same problem, the printer would connect to my home wi-fi but would not respond, I couldn't even browse to the setup URL. As this was the second printer showing the same issue I began to suspect some compatibility problems and after much time spent on the problem I finally tried reducing my home wi-fi from 802.11 b/g/n to 802.11 b/g only and hey-presto! the printer is now accessible!

So now it works....well sort of....printing via airprint is pretty frustrating as the printer seems to 'drift in and out' of being available...sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not - patience is required.

Overall a lot of time spent getting it working, I've had to reduce the performance of my wi-fi and even now it's somewhat unreliable.

Not really what I was expecting from Epson whose products I have normally been very pleased with.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best printer in the WORLD!!!, 23 April 2014
I bought this printer and then it arrived a day later. That is 2 stars
And the rest is because it is a good quality printer which has lots of different functions for a good price. (I got it from save071713 if your wondering)
It only takes about 2 min to start up and only takes about 20 seconds to scan pictures or documents (at 200 dpi)
BUT 2 hours after i bought it I found one for £15 cheaper at another store. (so before you buy this printer look around for the best deals and all ways look at the reviews to make sure it is a good quality product)

Also love the LCD screen on it!!! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars My purchase, 14 Mar 2014
Its a really good printer I bought it as a replacement of a Epson SX410 and I am not disappointed thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars love the printer does a good job and the ink ..., 18 Oct 2014
love the printer
does a good job and the ink is cheaper than the HP printer that I used to have
and I can print twice as much with a full cartidges

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Set Up - Works like a dream, 30 April 2014
Unpacked.
Installed cartridges.
Used Wifi- Setup on the printer, entered code.

Add Printer in Windows 7, Add wifi printer...installed the driver automatically.

Printing wirelessly!

So, no problem whatsoever. :)

Print is fast, is clear. Will be trying various types of print soon enough, but what I can see now is this is a cinch to set up, and works fine.

EDIT: Tried scanning wirelessly...faultless! Easy as anything. And just printed something off now after 3 days of the printer being off, and all setings remain set, and it works well.