5.0 out of 5 stars Big girls rule
This book really does make you feel good about yourself. I am a big girl so I can relate to the insecurities of the girl and how it shows that most normal girls are not stereotypes and skinny bean poles. It reflects normal girls getting the guy highly recommended
Published on 5 Jan. 2013 by Rachel Newland

1.0 out of 5 stars So that's erotic fiction
Having heard all the buzz about 50 shades etc I thought it was worth a try.
I was browsing for a Kindle book (not erotic fiction) and couldn't resist the free download.
It seems the Kindle booklist is full of stuff like this.
I read the first pages and realised my mistake.
This is dire.
Stereotypical people going through the motions...
Published on 2 May 2013 by David Graeme-Baker

1.0 out of 5 stars So that's erotic fiction, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Having heard all the buzz about 50 shades etc I thought it was worth a try.
It seems the Kindle booklist is full of stuff like this.
I read the first pages and realised my mistake.
This is dire.
Stereotypical people going through the motions.
Horrid
If Jasinda Wilder (author) makes her fortune from her follow-ups to this unpleasant little "teaser" I wish her luck but despair for her readers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Girls do it better? really?, 2 Jan. 2015
C. Waters "darth tater tot" (california) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Big Girls Do it Better? Really? Basically, this is called a "gimmick". Put a blank where the words "Big Girls" is, and fill it with anything that comes to mind, and you'll have a "hook" for said audience. For Example:

People with Body Odor Do it Better
Midgets Do it Better
Skinny Girls Do It Better
Hairy Men Do It Better
"Less than Average Looking Folks" Do It Better

This list can go on, giving a certain "targeted audience" a type of "novelty".

I was very disappointed in this book, but grateful that it was a free down load of all four chapters on my kindle. I did as someone else had posted. I didn't want to pay for 50 Shades of Gray, wondering what all of the hooplah was all about. Well, it's "erotica". Now after reading this kindle version of 52 Layers of Lard, i decided that i won't venture down this path of "novelty erotica" again.

This poor woman - Anna, went from a self-conscious female to a GODDESS, overnight. Want to know how? She goes to a restaurant at 2:00 a.m., "for a snack" with nothing on but thigh-high boots, a minidress (with sequins), complete with fish-net stockings and voila! She meets prince charming. He's pulchritudinous, without one single flaw. He's muscular (with no mention of him ever eating healthy, or working out), definitely an Alpha, who just happened to be studying in a restaurant - for crying out loud, versus the quiet of his own house? - was lonely "and wanted some company"..

Well, if that was the case, he could have banged the waitress in the back, and called it a night. Instead, he throws himself - literally - at Anna as she's leaving the place. He jumps in her car - yes ladies, opens the passenger door, jumps in her car and after very little conversation - gives her a kiss. Not just any kiss, it was one of THOSE kisses. Tongue and all. Sorry, i'm in a part of the country where the Hanta-virus is passed along the "oral-fecal" route. You just can't be too careful with strangers.

Okay, I don't know about anyone else, but if some guy i just met jumps in my car while i'm ready to drive away? There would have been a wreck, or i would have called the cops. Basically what the author is saying? Because a man is damn good looking - he can get away with crap that someone that is "less than average" looking cannot.

As the story progresses through the chapters, this woman goes from waiting for Mr. Right to jumping in bed with Mr. Right Now. She basically swings her sex between 2 guys (both are hot and muscular) like a pendulum on a grandfather clock. If she were at church, the men in the congregation would pass her around like the collection plate.

I used to be a former Plus-Size lady myself. I can't tell you how many romance and "erotica" books i had stacked up in my room. I ravaged those books while eating those chocolate covered cherries, Twinkies, Ding-Dongs and Its-Its like there was no tomorrow. I even fantasized of the day - that someone would see me for the "beautiful goddess" that i was and worship the ground i walked on. Well, i kept waiting, and it never happened. I had to do what any normal human being would do to be respected. I worked on myself confidence. This did not come about in the book at all.

We are constantly inundated with earth-shattering sex upon meeting a stranger while half drunk, then jumping into bed with her business partner while STILL half drunk. And yes, earth shattering sex with him too! Then after several weeks with the partner? You guessed it, Mr. Sexypants - as he's called in the book - sends her a plane ticket in the mail - just in time her to catch the 10:00 flight to NYC to meet him the next morning.

What does she do? Well, with no hesitation of the slightest, she gets on a plane and swings into action with the first guy - whom she hardly knows.

I finally decided to give this book a rest, ladies. This chick has more sex in one month than i could have in a year. I know our "cooters" are "self-cleaning ovens", but this chick didn't give her "oven" time to cool off.

I would also think most men IF they are astute, sense when a woman has been sexed by someone else less than 12 before he "hits it". Not Chase, he dove right in - no questions asked.

After reading this, (thank gawd, for free), i decided i'll pass on 50 Shades of Grey, and any other "erotica" for that matter. Thank you Miss Wilder.

1.0 out of 5 stars a trips down imagination road review, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Anna Devine knows that she's not the skinniest girl around, and she knows that men sometimes think she's easy because of it. Then Chase comes onto the scene, handsome and talented Anna doesn't think that he could possibly want a girl like her. But Chase is determined to prove to her that he does, and they Anna starts to crack, letting him show her what she's really worth.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

Or I guess that's kind of the idea anyway...personally not sure I got it. This book's been sitting on my kindle for a while because I thought the concept was refreshing when I read the blurb, then Michelle at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life gave it a bad review. Talking to her she said I should read it to see if she'd missed anything, like the something that made this book amazing. She didn't.

At the start of the book I thought the concept was good, and actually while the book started I thought I saw potential for the main character to gain some self confidence and not just because of a man. But the thing was she never really learnt that, instead it was more she got a multiple orgasm and suddenly she was amazing. No growth in confidence, just a switch, and I really didn't buy it.

There was also the 'relationship' between Chase and Anna, and I say 'relationship' because it wasn't one at all. Rather it was two characters meeting, and a week later were having amazing sex and thinking that they could love each other. But they had only seen each other once in that week...I'm not buying it. On top of that I really didn't buy into the emotions from the two of them at all. Every time they were together they'd been drinking and hadn't really got to know each other at all. There was no way I would buy into the sex being more than sex.

Parking the lack of character development, and the lack of relationship for a second. This book is classed as erotica, which I have no problem with. Except that the sex was one of the dullest sex scenes I've read in any book, there wasn't actually any excitement to it, instead it was flat and boring.

I actually genuinely think that Big Girls Do It Better is sending out the wrong message. It isn't telling larger women to love themselves no matter what (because they should) instead it seems to be telling them that its ok to just wait around because some guy will come along and suddenly it will be ok. No it won't be, life doesn't work like that.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't like this book, I don't normally write negative reviews, but in this case I feel I have to. Maybe the series gets better, I don't know, but what I do know is that I won't be reading the rest of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big girls rule, 5 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put it down once I started reading! Will definitely be treating myself to the next installments in the Big Girls books!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Would recommend this book to anyone. Could not put it down until I had finished it. I give to 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uuurgh!, 2 April 2014
P. Smith (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I honestly don't know why I downloaded this - perhaps because it was free? I've now deleted it from my Kindle as I thought it was a load of salacious rubbish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows your socks off, and other things, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book blows your socks off, and other things. I love the book; it's so real and believable. The characters are solid and genuine and very very sexy, like the most gorgeous idle of your most erotic fantasy. You find yourself drawn into the stories and situations and believe you are taking part. This is what true erotica is all about. Loved it, also loved,EROTICA IN THE EXTREME and Absolute Erotica:The Definitive Collection well worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice to see a real woman as a heroine for a change!, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The thing I really liked about this story was that Anna came across as a real woman with all her insecurities and self doubts. When Chase first starts to show an interest in her she can't really believe that his feelings for her are genuine and this seems more realistic to me than the heroines I've read about in some other stories. I'd like to see more characters like Anna appearing in fiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quick read., 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Very refreshing book non of that fit man falls for petite slim thing .
This books all women and talking from the real word.

Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1)