4.5 out of 5 stars2,861
Format: DVD|Change

on 7 October 2014
disappointing
on 23 May 2014
I ought to have expected it to be bad after the first film which I found disappointing. Like many, I felt I just had to see it to continue the story. Absolute rubbish film. Such a disappointment for anyone enjoying the book. How they can spin it out to three films overall astounds me.
on 11 May 2014
not as good as the first episode but excellent never the less. The first time I watched it I found it a bit drawn out in places but much better second time around.
on 8 April 2014
This film lasts for two hours fourth one minutes and only about ten minutes is anything to do with the book.
The film is badly filmed in that the first ten minutes are almost pitch black.
How Jackson has the nerve to rewrite a great book is beyond me . He should have just brought out his own fantasy film.
I only hope the last film in the series is better but I doubt it very much.
This is a single film that has been stretched to a trilogy purely to make money.
on 6 January 2016
An excellent adaptation of the book. The film has the same cinematic drama of the Lord of the Rings ands as the prequel is a great match in characters and style.
on 4 April 2015
Movie arrived before due date and in good condition. I love these movies I think more for nostalgic reasons than quality. But all movies have been entertaining.
on 2 June 2014
Portrayed beautifully the story runs close enough to the book to maintain its credibility but departs enough to make for enjoyable camera work and special effects
on 20 May 2014
Great action scenes and visual effects. The film didn't seem as long as 2 hours 20 minutes and always keeps the attention of the viewer.Quality acting throughout.
on 15 March 2015
The film was the best out of the hobbit trilogy and the extended version was better than the theatrical one as it tied up loose ends and explained things better.
on 3 February 2015
Not only is the movie great but the DVD extras showed all the different aspects that went into the making of this film. As a movie buff, it was amazing to watch!