on 6 January 2014
My old yet trusty washing machine was giving up and so it was time to replace her with a newer model.

With two young boys in the flat and with no great space to dry clothes, we elected for a washer dryer. This one appeared to be a good deal and my Mother would always swear by Hotpoint.

After receiving the Washer Dryer, reading the instructions and getting it plumbed in we ran the maintenance wash (which seemed to take forever) and got the machine loaded up to start on the mountain of dirty clothes which had accumulated over the preceeding few days.

All seemed to be going well until the drying cycle started. The smell which permeated throughout the entire house was unbearable. Like melting plastic, but with a much more chemical hint to it.

We assumed that this was simply due to a coating which had been applied or leftover chemical used in the manufacturing process. Happy to continue in the belief that the smell would fade, we continued on using this machine.

It wasn't overly long before we started to notice that the clothes were coming out of the machine with the same dirty marks that they had when they went in, resulting in them haivng to be washed again and again.

Experimenting with different wash settings made little difference. The 45 minute 'Ready to Wear' wash is rather good on the condition that you don't mind wearing wet clothes and are happy that they clothes smell worse than they did before being put in the machine.

5 months on, nothing has changed. The chemical smell from the dryer is still there.

We decided to call Hotpoint. Their response was to say they couldn't do anything unless we purchased an upgraded warranty. They also offered to sell us a sachet of cleaner to run through a maintenance wash.

We are contacting the vendor to arrange the return of this waste of money.
on 14 July 2013
Having had a two tear old cheap washing machine failing again (had 3 call outs in two years) I decided to save a buy a good one. Every site I looked on had high ratings for this one with Amazon being the cheapest. I bought it, I love it. Its a larger loader, the tumble dryer is a treat. The clothes are clean, its has specialist settings for whites etc. ... easy to install with just cold feed and surprisingly very quiet when washing. I would recommend it, most definately.
66 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 September 2013
Do not buy a washer/dryer unless you are prepared to wait hours for your clothes to dry! Never again! Drys with hot steam takes hours & hours to dry, im currently in washeteria as we speak drying my washing, what a waste of £400
on 9 June 2014
Took a bit of getting used to the controls but once mastered this is a quiet efficient washer dryer, one thing is on normal washes the program can take an age, over 3 hours on some washes, however you can shorten this time by using the ECO and TIME SAVE buttons.
on 24 May 2013
We are very pleased with the operation of our new washer dryer. It is 10 years since we purchased the last machine and we are impressed with the technological advances apparent since then.
on 13 June 2015
Outstanding value for money - does a great deal automatically and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to use it!
on 6 December 2013
This actually is a super machine, it's exceeded my expectations to be truthful.
It has a rather long two hour plus drying cycle but that's normal for most washer dryers. l believe that anyone buying this machine will see the benefits with it's large drum for larger loads. Buy with confidence.
on 22 August 2015
Appalling machine. Waiting hours for clothes to dry. Completely useless. 3 weeks out of the year warranty, the lock decided to fail. The manual override didn't work either so now my clothes are stuck inside the machine. 54 weeks old and it has failed. Absysmal customer service can't send anyone out for a week and will change me £110. Needless to say I will never use this useless company again.
on 1 November 2013
Great washer / Dryer which packs a lot of washing in to one go providing for cheaper wash. Plus you can clean some duvets. On the downside it does take a long time on the big wash cycles. Worth every penny though.
on 29 December 2015
I looked this up on Amazon as this is the washer/dryer that is in my new rented flat. I wanted to see if anyone else thought the same as me ie. that this is a USELESS machine.

It takes absolutely ages to dry anything in it. I tried to dry two bath sheets and two hand towels (so, a very small load). I gave up after three hours and put them on the clothes airer.

COMPLETELY USELESS