on 7 April 2013
This is a beautifully designed Jug, with a very clever see-through lid on the water-filling compartment which lowers as you pour the water in and also an opening & closing spout where the water is poured out. These details help keep the filtered water inside free from any additional outside dust or other contaminants. The Optima Evolve Filters seem to do an excellent job and I was surprised at how fast the water is delivered through the 5-stages of filtration. The water tastes just as good as the bottled water I was buying.

Our drinking water (here in Cyprus) is said to have little fluoride content, so the filtered water from this jug can be said to be very clean. I also found that the Digital Filter Life Indicator can be set for both 30 or 60-Day Filters, something that somebody mentioned could not be done (only set for 30 days).

I think this is absolutely incredible value for money, considering that you also get a 60-Day Filter thrown in and the fact that you can pick up a year's supply of Filters for under £40. I can't recommend this enough.
on 24 April 2014
In terms of water purification, this jug (or rather, its filters) does the job fantastically; the filtered water tastes much better which is ideal if, like me, you want to cut down on squash or other flavoured drinks. The jug is very easy to use and comes with clear instructions, and the pour-through top makes topping up the filtered water extremely easy.

The big downside is… well, how big it is! While 2.5l is obviously quite a lot of liquid, the jug is very poorly designed for "in-fridge" use, though this actually seems to be true of most such jugs that I've seen. The shape, and huge jutting handle are a very inefficient design, and makes it impossible for me to fit this inside my fridge (which is a fairly typically sized unit), at least not without removing shelves from inside the fridge, which I don't want to do. The tight oval shape means that even if I could fit into the fridge door, it would be wasting space, and the handle would be wasting even more space. I'd really like to see a more thoughtfully designed unit with a more rectangular shape, and a handle integrated into the design, rather than sticking out from it; even if this eats into the capacity, the 1.7l filtered capacity is perfectly generous, especially as the filtering doesn't take very long at all.

So, as a water purifying jug, this is perfectly adequate and works very nicely. However, for in-fridge use I think I'd recommend filtering in this jug but keeping it out of the fridge, and pouring into a second jug that fits more easily inside your fridge, as this is what I'm going to do.
on 13 March 2014
Aqua Optima 'Accolade Plus' Water Filter Jug with 1x 60-day Evolve filter,...
For £9 with a 2 month filter this is cheap as chips.
I was using Evolve filters in a Britax so knew they are good, better than Britax in my opinion.
I feel a bit mean not giving 5 stars, which it merits as value for money, but as with so many water jugs the design falls short of perfect. While it is better than some I still find it a bit clumpy. When the jug is full the centre of gravity is well forward making it a bit heavy for those with wrist or hand problems.
on 1 July 2013
evovle filter does not work with this jug as it does not seal properly.the optima filter is the correct filter to use
on 10 February 2013
The jug fits in the fridge door, so always get nice chilled water 60 days filter, easy to clean, easy to fill, replacement filters easy to get what more can I say, I recommend it bought my sister one as well
on 28 May 2014
I am very pleased with my purchase. It fits neatly into our fridge door and provided cool filtered water when required. The filter is easy to change and the timer lets you check how long before a filter change is required. The only slight down side is that the flap on the lid, which opens to allow filling, sometimes sticks shut so when you turn on the tap to refill the water it all runs down the side of the jug rather than through the flap and into the filter chamber. I just give the flap a small tap and it then opens but you have to clear up the spillage. Overall I would recommend this product.
on 2 June 2014
Great water filter jug. nice design and not too big or too small. the filters are cheap compared to Britta and the water filtered tastes good and prevents lime scale in my kettle. Easy to use opening at the top for refilling with auto close flap - nice idea. Electronic counter on the top counts down the number of days till filter change is needed...can be set as 30 or 60 days as required for your filter type.

Good - Had no problems. Think I am most happy with the Size and Design of this model.
on 19 May 2014
This filter jug has all the hallmarks of a well designed product. It is so easy to fill and to pour. The handle is easy to grip and the weight and balance is very good. The seals are excellent so no contaminants enter the filtered water section. We live in a hard water area and are very pleased with the quality of the filtered water. The simple day timer to indicate when the filter needs changing is a useful feature too. We would recommend it without doubt.
on 24 August 2014
After two weeks of use the LCD display stopped working, ordered some new batteries and it still isn't working. In addition when you fill the jug water splashed around all over the pace unless you have the tap on low and who wants to stand at the tap for ages waiting for the jug to fill? Oh and the cartridges don't fit a britta, but britta cartridges fit this one. Its a shame as i liked the idea of the 60 day life per filter.
on 3 October 2013
A brilliant purchase! I spent time in Toronto with my son and his family ,whom all have water filter jugs. I was determined to purchase one on my return to the UK. this make and model is absolutely brilliant all round. The filter is itself is easy to fit and works perfectly, filters extremely quick and effortless. Water is definitely a pleasure to drink now ,