I was asked by my dentist to acquire this electronic toothbrush to facilitate more thorough cleaning of teeth and i am undergoing dental hygene sessions, privately at the moment, and find this toothbrush light and easy to use and very effective in cleaning the teeth.
Published 20 months ago by Mrs judith Sumpton

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish not a Sonicare
This is like a tractor compared to the normal sonicare. What can I say it is noisy, heavy, bulky and a road drill would be softer in your mouth! Do Not Buy
Published 13 months ago by Wiggy

4.0 out of 5 stars phillips sonicare hx3110/02 pOWER UP Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX3110/02 Power Up Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars its true what they say about philips toothbrushes there fantastic i love it, 1 Sep 2013
tonto (whitehaven cumbria) - See all my reviews
the Philips sonicare is the best toothbrush I have ever had
and it was a bargain at the price I am glad I bought it
from now on I will only use a Philips toothbrush

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish not a Sonicare, 27 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The best toothbrush ever, 25 Aug 2013
I thought my dentist was merely working on commission when she recommended this toothbrush, but it really does deliver an exceptionally clean set of gnashers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Trying to replace top end Philips sonicare with budget brush, mistake., 8 July 2013
You get what you pay for. Very basic tool, no charging indicator hence no fully charged guide. One setting pretty brutal. Wont recommend this to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a real Sonicare. Sonicare by name only, 7 Feb 2013
So, I purchased this brush on the low price. As it is branded Sonicare, but its not a real Sonicare (lower spec mechanism), hence the low price then.
Still does a good job though and should help keep you out of the dentist chair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful: avoid, 26 Sep 2013
M. Bhangal "S" (Somewhere in Northern England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this to replace a Philips Sonicare HX6782/33. The '6782 had lasted for three years, and had cleaned my teeth much better than the Oral B I used for 5 years before that, so I thought buying another sonicare would be a no brainer.

Well, the HX3110/02 is the worst toothbrush I have ever used, and I am including non powered toothbrushes here!

The battery lasts one and a half goes, so it has to be permanently on charge. All other toothbrushes last around a week on a full charge.
Most toothbrushes now have a timer that tells you when to change your brushing (so you spend equal time on the upper and lower jaws), but the HX3110/02 does not have this.
The '3110 does not come with a carry case - every other electric toothbrush I have owned has.
The '3110 is heavy. Far heavier than both the better Sonicares and the Oral Bs.
The '3110 has an awful vibration action (caused by its heaviness). It literally sounds and feels like resting a back and Decker drill on your head and then turning it on. I physically cannot stand using the '3110, it is that bad.... and I have been using electric toothbrushes for several years!

I binned my '3110 after two days and instead bought a Colgate C200. Cheaper, comes with a case, almost as light as a normal toothbrush, head lasts three months (which is longer than the Sonicare) and as good as the much more expensive HX6782/33 in its cleaning action.

There's a few other reviews for this product that says 'a dentist recommended this toothbrush'. I'm betting the dentist recommended a Sonicare, not this particular model, and the user picked this model because it is the cheapest Sonicare. If that is also how you got to this product page, my advice: get either an Oral B, a Colgate C200, or a more expensive Sonicare such as the HX6782/33. Avoid the HX3110/02 at all costs. It is simply a cheap no-frills and nasty toothbrush. Its not even that Sonicare are bad (I have been pleased with my other Sonicare brush), its just this particular model. Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and Effective, 19 Sep 2014
Daniel Taylor "tayldn" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Got this for my eldest boy (8)- I've had them all (3 of them) on Philips Range from age 2 and teeth all perfect so far. This is the cheapest Philips around- quite a big improvement on earlier version though. Faster and better battery. The heads on these things last forever so actually think you save money with electric toothbrushes (and hassle). They can be used in the bath no problem. So far all of them lasted 3+ years- one burnt out between 3-4 years. Not bad for the treatment kids give them!
This one is more recent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too rough., 10 Sep 2013
I Find it is very rough on my teeth, dislodged on of my fillings and it seems to brush too hard, banging on my teeth in a rather scary manner.

2.0 out of 5 stars You pay peanuts you get monkeys, 4 Aug 2014
You get what you pay for. I've had a couple of older models of this type which I purchased for a similar price. This one has a weaker motor and I don't believe it cleans as well. It also lacks an LED on the toothbrush so you don't know when it's charging.

My recommendation is to spend a tenner more and get the higher models.