5.0 out of 5 stars Dont be fooled, its a quality stick (tekken tag 2, SF, MK)
Published 2 months ago by Muhammad Kasim Ali

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for classic shooters
Published 8 months ago by davethelabmonkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont be fooled, its a quality stick (tekken tag 2, SF, MK), 3 May 2014
This review is from: Hori Officially Licensed Fighting Stick Mini 3 (PS3) (Accessory)
I bought this slightly anxious due to the lack of reviews on the internet and the previous 2 star review left. Dont be fooled its a quality stick and those familiar with the tekken franchise will understand the amount of dexterity and speed needed to perform electric god fists with the mashima family. It is not a magic controller that will increase your game. Determination and practice is need I have currently put in 15+ hours since yesterday and my electrics come out quicker, they are more fluent when they do come out and i can chain 3 in a row (4th doesnt connect yet). I can do backdashs much easier and wavedashing takes a bit of practice. You will need to go to practice mode and take your time understanding that timing is key. I was when i first got i confident that i could do everything LOL I WAS MISTAKEN. I cant do anyting with my characters and have to relearn them, however it will be worth it as I have done 100+ dmg combos with kazuya and jinpachi by mistake or luck. It is good quality and it clicks into place for the direction buttons, the diagonals are hard to hit but thats something that takes practice and timing (not a fault with controller just how arcade sticks are) I have a friend with a hori tekken 6 stick and he has the same problem and gave up. just stick to it and you will be fine. It will take time to get use to. Some say kazuya takes years to master and I believe that to be true but I can see this purchase dramatically increasing my game. JUST STICK WITH IT, IT TAKES A LOOOONGG TIME

On the pad itself I can say its well built, the stick itself clicks into directions and has an octoganol shape so u know what your doing. Also the x, square, o and triangle are a little close together but they will be fine once you get use to it. I dont use the turbo button so I cant say anything on that.

Another thing to mention is if you like tekken tag 2 then you should watch themainman or themainmansve on youtube he has some nice tutorials on how to get started with stick that will help.

So just to conclude :

takes time, dont give up, concentrate on the inputs and timing of your moves, takes time to learn how to use it. Its like relearning tekken. input buttons are a little close but i still gave it 5 stars as Im hitting the ultra hard to do pewgf a lot more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for classic shooters, 9 Nov 2013
I found this to be ok for classic shooter games where left and right are the only directions you need, but when four or even eight directions are involved that's where it goes a little bit wrong. The microswitches I found to be unrefined and a bit clunky. It's too easy to find yourself aiming one way but unintentionally in contact with another switch and heading in the wrong direction.
I'd say it's ok but could be so much better. It works but there are games that I will revert to joypad for instead of this.

Hori Officially Licensed Fighting Stick Mini 3 (PS3)
Hori Officially Licensed Fighting Stick Mini 3 (PS3) by Hori (U.K.) Ltd. (PlayStation 3)
28.05