5.0 out of 5 stars Tuneup utilities 2013.
Great for the price.Would recommend. Good value,prompt delivery.Loads of different parts to use,cleans up well,very happy with this latest version.
Published 17 months ago by quincey

3.0 out of 5 stars Tune up
Published 19 months ago by Funk

3.0 out of 5 stars Tune up, 29 Dec 2012
Funk (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used TuneUp for years now, I've always been very impressed with the various features and functions that you don't get built into windows. However I'm really not that keen on this new ones. Firstly out the box is the numerous number of agreements that one must tick, allowing data share, newsletters and all sorts that I really don't want to agree too, but have no choice if I want to install. Do I really have to subscribe to your newsletter to install the program?

Secondly the program when installed decided to use half German and half English. I could navigate through the menus OK, but every now and again certain functions or warnings were only in German and I can't find where the change the language settings to all English.

However, once installed the functionality was still there, you can defrag the registry, clean up all kinds of latent and unused files, streamline your system and a dozen other things just through one program. Very very useful. You also get links to free windows themes and backgrounds, not essential but a nice touch.

I would normally have given this a 5/5, but I do feel that this particular version is a bit of a let down, I un-installed it after less than an hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuneup utilities 2013., 8 Feb 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Appears to work well, 1 April 2013
This review is from: TuneUp Utilities 2013: 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
The software indicates significant clean-up has taken place although no reduction in start-up time noted, in fact it appears to take a little longer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Long time to set up and no discernible difference!, 29 Mar 2013
uncle barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked the idea of having all of those handy little utilities for cleaning up my pc in one box. So I got hold of this software and put it on my pc. Took ages to set up mainly cos of the 3 million characters you have to type in to register - oh and you have to sign your life away also (!?) and then it sets up and rebooted THREE times on my pc before it installed properly.

So I finally got round to running the "Tune-Up 1-click maintenance" which also took a long time to run. But it did all of this:
Clean registry
Defrag Registry
Remove broken shortcuts
Clean up windows and programs
Clean up browser
Optimise System Setup and Shutdown
Defrag Hard Disc.

So how was my pc after all this? Absolutely no different whatsoever! It still runs as fast/slow as it did before hand. It failed to delete some unused icons on my desktop where the programs have been deleted (exactly what it said it WOULD do)

Another example of it failing to deliver what it promised: It said that there were something like 1200 problems with the registry. So after the cleanup (when it said it had successfully removed ALL of them) I thought I'd do another report on them... the result? There were still 240 of them there! Hmmmm not that great then.

This piece of software isn't even as good as some of the free software I've downloaded and used (like C-Cleaner). So, sorry I can't recommend this software on my experience of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still an Excellent Utility, 20 Nov 2012
Tellboy (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: TuneUp Utilities 2013: 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
With Windows 7 and Windows 8 managing to do a number of the functions of these type of software packages it is often stated in magazines that they are not really necessary. I, however, do like them.
I have used this particular one since the very early versions which seem to find numerous registry and other problems no matter how often you do a scan.
It did correctly identify that my C:\Drive is a Solid State Drive (SSD) and correctly did not offer to run the disk defragmentation utility as these are not recommended for SSD drives.
The PC always seems to run OK either with or without Registry Cleaners and Tune Up Utilities but I routinely like to use it anyway.
I prefer not to select the automatic maintenance option as I like to see what it is recommending before I go ahead.
It would be a good idea to have a "benchmark test" built in to prove the validity of running the software as having tried the Turbo Mode I do not notice any difference but as I am using a fairly high specification PC this is probably understandable. A good thing is that the software is not following the trend of only running for 12 months before you need to pay up again and continues to use the "up to 3 PC's" licensing system.
I think the only limitation is that you can not use product support to answer queries after 12 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tune-up Utilities 2013..., 20 Nov 2012
Milt Ingarfield "milt_fm" (Arbroath, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using a version of this software for a couple of years now and this the latest incarnation is the best I have used not only was the installation easy, drop disc in the drawer close the drive, and the software uninstalls the 2012 version for you, to remove all traces go into the C drive open the program files folder and delete the file with the heading Tune utilities 2012 then run the "one click maintenance" part of the program then redo your profile for such things as your broadband connection this is easy to do just follow the dialogue boxes as they come up.

After this is done maintenance of your P.C. goes on in the background without the user being aware of any difference in performance, I have found since installing this up- dated version I can identify programmes that are slowing down the "boot-up" cycle and the powering down of computer.
As always there are some new features which include a professional standard cleaner to save hard disk space designed to prevent data chaos it also erases traces of your personal files from the hard drive, cleans chat logs, error reports and temp files.

This new version also rids hard disks of browser traces and optimises your browser database in Internet explorer®, Google Chrome®, Opera®, Safari® and Firefox®, I use Firefox® myself and this up-dated software advised me to apply a password to Firefox® for extra security for sites such as Amazon, EBay and Yahoo mail® something I hadn't thought to prevent someone accessing these accounts, I have added the extra password for peace of mind, I figured a little extra hassle but better than be sorry at a later date.

This update also still has battery management for lap-tops and notebooks that the previous version first introduced and still cannot comment on as I use a desk top, but according to the blurb on the box this mode will give a laptop 30% more battery life with a laptop, notebook or tablet, and with a couple of clicks to efficient Window® power management.

I found this to be an essential piece of software to keep my system running at a like new speed both opening and closing documents and day to day tasks such getting "on-line" are faster since including this in my system, TuneUp® have done it again thank you...

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow Computer, 27 May 2013
This review is from: TuneUp Utilities 2013: 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought this so i could easily tune up my pc as it was running very slow and taking ages to load up the price was very reasonable and was delivered within a few days . I the installed it and ran an automatic test and then cleaned up my pc i now run it once or twice a week to keep it running smoothly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 14 May 2013
Jack Chakotay "Ender Brazil" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pretty good all in one. Not only does it clean up, there is file backup and recovery, windows customisation and program recommendations. There is a nice clean interface and having all theses functions in one place (compared to finding the Windows equivalent) is pretty handy. The one click maintainance does a pretty good job but its a given you'll have to play with some functions manually to get a full 100% optimised status.

80 Mb when installed, the functionality is excellent given the size if you factor in current leaning to SSDs. For conventional HDDs and SSDs, every official review sees an improvement in boot-up times, mainly through disabling unessential startup programs. Be warned, in an SSD environment- registry clean outs technically have minimum benefit and more potential for problems.

Installation asks if you wish to subscribe to newsletter. The data share is for update checks along with checking for any OS updates. Depending on your drive, the first click on the maintanance button can be lengthy.

There are two modes that heighten the impression of specialisation: Economy (maximising laptop battery) and Turbo (optimisation/ cleanup scheduling). Again this duplicates Window's functionality but its easier to use and nicer to look at. There is also the curious live optimisation which apparently prioritises programs running in the background according to their usage and allot processing power accordingly.

I am fairly certain you could have a collection of free utilities that duplicate these functions. But the ease of use would be inconsistent and there is pretty good evidence of improvement especially if you are a heavy user who installs and uninstalls programs regularly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did not do all I hoped, 14 May 2013
This review is from: TuneUp Utilities 2013: 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Stated that it would clear out and repair faults, but did not clear everything out. Other than that it improved the performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 12 May 2013
This review is from: TuneUp Utilities 2013: 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Well worth the money, wish I had perched this sooner. Keeps working in the back ground and I would highly recommend this software
to anyone.

TuneUp Utilities 2013: 1 User (PC)
TuneUp Utilities 2013: 1 User (PC) by AVG Technologies Ltd. (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock