5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing program
Published on 2 Feb. 2013 by Alison Buckle

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to use
I boughht this to use speach reognition on MAC at home.
I did not know before buying that you needed to be enrolled in an academic institution before you are able to use it.
So I was unable to use this product.
A waste of time really.
Published on 14 April 2013 by sdt

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing program, 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Dragon Dictate 3.0: Educational Online Validation Program (Mac) (DVD-ROM)
This is a fantastic program, quick and easy to install, calibrate and get going with. It seems to be capable of doing almost anything - you need never touch the key board again except to power up and log on. It speeds everything up, answering mail, composing any written material (there's lots it can do that I haven't figured out yet) and I'm certainly the rate-limiting step in the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional piece of kit from my experience, 11 May 2013
J. Drew "Justinpeter" (Birmingham, England, UK) - See all my reviews
I use this piece of kit on an Apple MacBook and find it an invaluable piece of kit for turning my speech into text. I personally find the accuracy excellent, the commands are also very helpful. I'm also using this piece of kit to support children with motor difficulties such as cerebral palsy to help them develop more effective abilities to communicate through writing using this piece of kit (where they can't use a pen effectively). Very useful and helpful. I'm very impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A massive improvement, 15 Sept. 2013
This version is a massive improvement from version 2.5. I use this software withJabra 930 headset, and the accuracy is pretty impressive.

I was born in China, but the DragonDictate seems to be able to cope with my accent pretty okay. I did a complete the full voice training inside DragonDictate. I mainly use DragonDictate to compose emails and the reports. I also use Sony 712 dictaphone to transcribe reports and the letters, before sending it to my secretary for proofreading. Please note the DragonDictate can't transcribe MP3 files, but iTunes can convert MP3 into MP4.

Compared to the previous version, the tutorial is very useful and accuracy is very good.

One thing to note: a good microphone is absolutely essential. My previous cheap and cheerful configuration rather defeated the purpose of voice dictation, where I ended up manually editing the whole email.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Mac, 3 Aug. 2013
There are some formatting issues, such as occasionally stating in the middle of a word or sentence, however if you keep a close eye on the typing as you dicta you can avoid this being too destructive. Also this mainly happens when working on pre-written documents. Writing sections in a blank doc and pasting them in can work much better.

The recognition is as good a NS12.

5.0 out of 5 stars Having used his PC version I was so impressed that I decided to buy a copy for my iMac, 19 April 2013
Mr. Graham E. Jappe (UK) - See all my reviews
Nuance Communications are a well known and respected company, which is the reason, bought a copy for my son last year. Having used his PC version I was so impressed that I decided to buy a copy for my iMac. I only purchased the software this week and it arrived the day after. As it’s an educational copy (I work for a local College) I’m still waiting for the validation to by completed so I can’t comment on the Mac version yet, but I’ll update this review when I’ve had a chance to use the software.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to use, 14 April 2013
I boughht this to use speach reognition on MAC at home.
So I was unable to use this product.
A waste of time really.

Dragon Dictate 3.0: Educational Online Validation Program (Mac)
Dragon Dictate 3.0: Educational Online Validation Program (Mac) by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Mac OS X)