on 15 October 2012
I used to use Dragon's dictation software for Windows years ago and it was brilliant. This however is rather less than brilliant. After a very good start with a couple of simple bits of dictation - a one line e-mail reply and a couple of lines in a journal - I thought I'd give it a whirl with a bit of real writing/dictation. Sadly what appeared on screen was total gibberish. Many letters were missing from words. I was expecting to have some issues because this was a new installation of the software and it takes a little time to 'learn' my voice. Sadly, at this time I think any one thinking of buying this software might want to think again.

I've been told by Nuance who write this software that it is only really compatible with Microsoft Office 2011 and Textedit. You can find full details here:

[...]

There appears to be no support for Pages, or any other text editor on the Mac OSX operating system.