on 9 March 2014
Another Phone Monkey episode.
It starts off depressing, but gets better by Chapter 2 where PM goes to work at an insurance claims handler call centre

I learnt a few interesting tips in this book about the mentality of insurance companies not wanting to pay out.

I find PM has a light way of writing what should be boring tales, but are tinged with their humour.
on 9 April 2013
I've read them all now and, as usual, I enjoyed this third book in the series. This one seems to have been written with a lighter touch than the second (which I must say is my favourite of the three) and reads as a stream of consciousness where the author relates the first thing that comes into his head, interspersing this with anecdotes about his new employment. It's a really pleasant read and I found myself smiling pretty much all the way through it. I loved the bit about "old age" being a "pre-existing condition". It made me laugh out loud, leading the phone monkey I was on shift with at the time to wonder what I was up to. Being as he's my very own version of "photo-memory, knows everything but still keeps making basic errors" phone monkey, I didn't tell him. LOL.
on 22 January 2013
I really loved this. We all get fed up with the anonymous people at call centres, but life is a mixed blessing for them and this book says it all and does so most enjoyably. I am not one who laughs aloud normally, but managed to splutter sufficiently for those around me to raise eyebrows. This is praise indeed. The care the author takes to respond to reader's comments is highly commendable so the editing is pretty good and improving.(Other who publish their own work take note.)
on 8 January 2013
For those people that need a good giggle, look no further. The 2nd book from 'Phone Monkey' is a must read and I can't wait for more. Well written with funny artwork it's a great read.
on 18 March 2014
I've worked in this call centre environment and so can relate to much of what I read and found it very engaging and funny. We have all seen this kind of insanity and madness at work, and Phone Monkey relates it all with a keen eye and a cynical smile.

Only one in a series, I've now read and thoroughly enjoyed all the instalments and readily recommend them.
on 10 January 2016
Being an ex insurance phone monkey myself and really enjoying the first two books I decided to try this one. A funny and interesting read.
on 30 December 2012
Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, get the idea......
But read these books in order.