5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job.
Published on 4 Mar. 2013 by Daniel

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but ...
Bought this to use under my office desk in my small home office. Was really looking forward to this as a great opportunity to exercise while working.

The unit itself is very compact compared to a normal treadmill, and folds up to stand against a wall when not in use. It's about 25kg, I think, but i found it easy to move when it's assembled.

All was...
Published on 1 April 2013 by v414

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but ..., 1 April 2013
This review is from: Office Fitness Walking Treadmill - Home or Office Use - 1 Year's Warranty (Office Product)

All was fine but for one really important thing. The treadmill belt itself is very, very narrow - I measured it at about 12 inches / 30 cm. This was far too narrow for me to walk on safely - I kept tripping over my feet or the runners at the side of the belt, and that was without trying to do any work! It could do with the safety runners at either side being a couple of inches narrower, and the belt being at least a few inches wider.

I'd bought this with the folding laptop stand and the two together, if the treadmill had been ok, would have been great - exercise while you work, and both would fold out of the way when not in use.

I should say that the sellers were brilliant about taking this back. No fuss, no quibble, very efficient and friendly. They mentioned that this was a new line for them. It might work well for other people, but I think you'd need to be quite petite or have a very narrow stride pattern to work with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 4 Mar. 2013
There are a lot of walking desk becoming available these days. However, most have a price tag that nearing £1000 or upwards. I'd tried standing desks before and hadn't really got on with them. So not being prepared to fork out over grand for a walking desk that I may never use I needed to find another solution. I saw this walking treadmill from Office Fitness which was only £150 and thought I'd give it a punt. Even if it didn't work out I wouldn't have lost too much. It turns out that this was an extremely good buy, and is perfect for my needs.

• It's not silent, but it's quiet enough that it doesn't bother my other half while I'm walking on it.
• The walking area is only 12 inches wide but this doesn't appear to be an issue, and I'm 6'3". I brush the sides with my feet from time to time but it hasn't affected my stride or my work.
• As mentioned in one of the other reviews, the treadmill does turn itself off after 30 minutes. This was a bit of a shock the first time, but I now use this and a good way of reminding myself to take a break for a couple of minutes.

My only complaint is the control panel emits ear piercing beeps each time you press one of the buttons and there appears to be no way to stop this.

Of course this doesn't come with a desk but I think that's also a good thing as a lot of the desks I've seen with walking treadmills are not exactly my taste. I was able to hack one together with some random Ikea bits and bobs which is now perfect for my height.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase, and even if it doesn't last much beyond it's warranty I could still buy many of these for less than some of the other treadmill desks on the market.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 29 July 2013
I love the idea of this product because I work from home - basically sitting in front of a laptop all day and really don't get enough exercise. I had great plans - walking while working - a great time saving device. But it does take a while to get use to doing two things at once. Hopefully it will get easier the more practice I get!

It did come with handle bars - which I don't need as i put mine under my desk. Unfortunately when the arrived the bars did have some rust. A I didn't need the bars I wasn't overly concerned and didn't bother to get a replacement.

The walking surface is narrower than other treadmills I have used before but this hasn't caused any problems. I don't really understand the display speed. But I'm not overly concerned by that I just pick a number that I feel comfortable walking at. The highest speed - is definitely and extremely brisk walk - too fast for me!

Overall, for the price, I think this is a good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied so far, 19 Sept. 2014
- Slightly more noisy than I would have expected, but not a big problem.
- The with of the band is not a problem at all.
- Very light and easy to move - fits perfectly below my bed.
- The treadmill stops automatically after one hour of use (not 30m as specified by earlier reviewers - I suppose they changed this in the 2014 model). This is unproblematic for me - after one hour I usually need a break anyway.

Overall I'm very satisfied with this product, especially considering the price. Pair this with the IKEA lack standing desk "hack" (http://iamnotaprogrammer.com/Ikea-Standing-desk-for-22-dollars.html), and you have a complete treadmill desk solution which is quite a lot cheaper than other alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, useful product., 27 Dec. 2014
I had been dreaming of a treadmill desk for month now, but could not afford it. Finally, I found this treadmill - affordable and made for walking and working! Although the box came damaged and missing a wire, support sent another one along right away, and I have been working on it ever since. I have no problems with the width, and it is quiet enough to not disturb my working. In fact, I'm walking on it right now at 2mph as I type! I am very satisfied!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good idea and much less expensive than other makes, 2 April 2015
Excellent- only used the slowest speed (1) so far while I get used to typing and walking, but the slowest speed is fine. Trackband perfectly wide enough for me- I am 5 foot 3. It must bweigh 20-25 kg and I am not going to be lugging it up and down stairs to watch TV while walking as some people do - my office is in a room up narrow stairs at the top of the house and the lounge is downstairs- but as I am getting some exercise at my desk it likely doesn't matter. I am using it with an extension desk on top of my normal desk (called "Go Standing Desk" by Stand Steady) so didn't have to buy any new big furniture.

If it breaks or proves less than perfect I'll be back but so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Service, 10 May 2015
We had an accident holding the controller while treadmill was running which saw the wire snap. Now only set the controller down somewhere safe! Very good service from Office Fitness. They responded fast to mail and sent a replacement cable no questions asked.

The treadmill itself is a little bigger than we envisaged it beforehand and requires moving stuff around a bit in a small office room. But it works well. The amount of sweat produced after 30 minutes walking tells how out of shape I am and how much this product was needed. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Treadmill arrived on time, 14 Feb. 2013
I really like this item it is working well I couldnt put it together my self it was rather heavy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 13 Jan. 2014
A. Maclachlan (UK) - See all my reviews
I simply raised my desk with a bit of chipboard and use this under it. It's just as good solution as the expensive walking desks. If anything it's better as my desk is larger. The treadmill works well. I find it slightly a pain that I have to restart it every 30 minutes but for the price it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and it does the job, 16 Feb. 2013
amoeba (Featherstone) - See all my reviews
I work from home and I am on the computer for more than 7 hours a day. Lately I was getting back and neck pain I couldn't ignore any longer, so after reading about walking treadmills, I decided to buy one.

I received the product within two days, it was easy to assemble and it's very easy to use and very quiet.

It comes with a handy control deck that can be easily assembled onto a standing desk. I've used for one day, but it felt great sitting down to have lunch and dinner.

Highly recommended.