5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sports. Never fall out!
Published 4 months ago by Andrew Lewis

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Do not believe Amaon description of this product
The Amazon description of these headphones says
"* Integrated Smart Remote & Microphone - Provides you with an easy option to play/pause playback and change."
This is simply not true - the headphones do NOT have an integrated smart remote or microphone.
Published 19 months ago by Statsnerd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sports. Never fall out!, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
I’ve recently taken up running (outdoors) and was using the Samsung in-ear-canal earphones which came with my smart phone. They have a great sound, but had to be constantly readjusted as they would move around and drop out whilst running. Keen to have something more sturdy, I plumped for the Philips SHQ3200 earphones with an adjustable over-the-ear system. Whilst they seemed good in theory, when actually running with them, they still required constant adjustment (and also failed after first use, but that’s a different story). So I moved on to these Sennheiser MX685 earphones. They are absolutely incredible. The sound quality is far better than the Philips and they literally stay rock solid in the ear.

Like many others before me, I was a little sceptical of the slide-to-fit ear fins which hold up inside the folds of your ear, but they work brilliantly. Just done my first run with them and they didn’t require any attention from me whatsoever. I’m over the moon that I’ve found these earphones, it’s going to make running more about running and less about re-adjusting my ears all the time! I could imagine that they might begin to get uncomfortable if worn for extended periods of time, but for covering me on my daily exercise, these are perfect.

Because these earphones are the sit-on-your-ear type rather than the rammed-down-your-ear-canal type, they do not have noise cancelling properties (you’d want the CX685 model for that). This means that you can still hear external sounds which is good for outdoor running, but the volume is still sufficient that you can immerse yourself in the music.

As far as accessories go, the earphones ship with two different sized rubber pad sets and a pair of foam pads which allow you to select the most comfortable size/material. You also get a nice strong carry bag with a velcro seal for transporting the earphones and a clip for attaching to your shirt. I’ve found so far that the clip is unnecessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great earphones at a good price!, 17 Nov 2012
Uncle Barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a great pair of earphones (not sure that I would call them headphones - even "in-ear headphones" seems like a strange title for them.

They come with a selection of gel and foam "heads" for the ear phones themselves for comfort and to ensure they suit you best and fit in your ear the most snugly. They also have an adaptable upper "hook" which fits into your upper ear - you can adjust this so this upper hook is either shorter or longer. Don't worry it's not painful or anything - it just fits snugly around this channel of your upper ear to ensure your ear phone does not fall out. I have rather large ears (one of the reasons for my username!) and earphones are always falling out - but not these ones! Sitting or lying down and they are fine - but even walking or running they are still sitting snug in my ear!

The other thing I like about them is the quality of the sound coming from them. I LOVE Sennheiser headphones - I bought a pair about 5 years ago and then bought another 3 they were so good - and have been using them ever since! So was interested to see what their ear phones were like - and the quality is excellent! Whether you want to hear classical music, contemporary music or heavy stuff the quality of the sound is crisp and precise. I have listened to all these - and also talking books and even meditation stuff on these headphones and its all crystal clear.

I tried the earphones on a small mp3 player, on a radio, a tablet and my mobile phone. The sound quality was great on all - and most importantly for me - as loud as I wanted!

They come with a small Adidas bag to keep your earphones and ear accessories in!

They also come with a little clip to clip your headphone wire to your clothes and the strangest thing about them is that they recommend you wash them under a tap - I kid you not!

Great earphones at a good price. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality headphones, 5 Mar 2014
M. Jackson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
I've been using these for approximately 5 months now. Mostly use them when on road runs. Particular reason I bought these headphones was so when you start to get a bit hot and sweaty/running in rain they don't fall out every 2 mins! They do exactly that. Combined with the fact that Sennheiser are a quality make, the sound is great, a price thats..well, whats the saying??...'Reassuringly expensive'... £20 isn't too bad though! Don't buy some cheap and nasty £5 headphones! Get these. They're good. You won't regret it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on., 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Really pleased with these. Good sound quality. Fit securely into my ears and don't work loose whilst running, so once they're in right, no need to touch them until my run is over.

Also, a big plus for me is the fact that the cables to each ear piece are the same length (symmetrical). My previous Sennheiser sport headphones (MX 85 Sport II) had an asymmetrical arrangement, ie. one cable longer than the other. I found these a pain in the ..... to put on. You have to use the supplied cable crocodile clip to attach the main cable to your shirt so that the weight of the cable wasn't supported by the headphones in your ears, otherwise the headphone would work loose. I found the longer ear piece cable used to end up flapping about even though I'd passed it around the back of my neck as indicated on the packaging and tucked it under my shirt. Really annoying when running.

No such problem with the new ones. Just put them in, thread the cable under my shirt below my chin, and straight into my ipod in my shorts pocket - done, no messing.

Definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars First headphones that actualy stay in; Great quality design and build., 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
As the tittle says, these are a unique design collaboration between Adidas & Sennhesier, and the results show !
They are the FIRST and ONLY headphones I have ever had that actually stay inside my ear during training; they have a unique inner ear design which does work.

They don't fall out, are comfortable, and washable too !
Comes supplied with various sizes of replaceable inner silicone cones, and a small bag.
The lead is also the right length, and quality durable thickness too.
*TIP* these are a cheaper version of the £49.99 ones, that appear the same, minus the phone controller (which is a pain anyway as these make the headphones fall out on other designs.)

These have Excellent sound and build quality - as you would expect from Sennheiser.
WOULD recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Do not believe Amaon description of this product, 11 May 2013
The Amazon description of these headphones says

3.0 out of 5 stars In-Ear, If Only, 29 May 2013
J. David Rollinson "Daverol" (Wokingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Sadly these aren't in my ears, they perch on the outside. The hooks on the top stop them falling out of my ears completely the way the standard earphones with iPods and such like do, but they still don't fit snugly as I (along with a surprising number of other people) don't have that bit of the ear that they are supposed to be cradled by.

If I wear a wooly hat or hold the earphones with my fingers, the sound is incredible, absolutely superb with great range and good solid bass but I have to hold them on to get the real benefit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not comfy fit, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
These earphones are fine, but nothing impressive. The fitting can be quite complicated. They will not fall when adjusting the ear fins properly. But this could annoy you since you need to fit then tight against your ear. At the same time, they might not fit in the ear canal fine and sound quality would be reduced since too much outer noise can be heard. Maybe you want to try with the CX 685 version of the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
I'm quite pleased with this Headphones. Once you find the right size for your ear, they stay in place. I use them for the gym.
The sound quality is good. They are not cheap tough.
When I do rope jumping they seem to get loose quite quickly, running on the treadmill is no problem tough

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
As ever good quality sound, and very pleased with the build qualty for the first time EVER, feels like an in ear headphone is gonna out last the warranty, famous last words. At £ 25 IMO v good value for money

Sennheiser MX685 Sports In-Ear Headphones