5.0 out of 5 stars Aural steroids!
~Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports In-Ear canal Headphones~

As an avid gym-goer and music connoiseur, I simply cannot rate these headphones highly enough.

Starting with the sound: any reviewers who claim that this piece of kit delivers mediocre sound quality is a sandwich short of a picnic (sorry guys - maybe it's time for you to go for a hearing test?) The...
Published 16 months ago by CGN

3.0 out of 5 stars sound good, fit poor
The sound on these headphones is good although a little tinny even after adjusting settings on ipod. Good at cutting out background noise. Fit poor though due to flexible ear grips that dont fit securely around ear. Would not stay put whilst running. Overall better sound than my last pair but poor fitting.
Published 6 months ago by sarjane

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports In-Ear canal Headphones (Electronics)
Very good item. They are nice and comfortable, the sound quality is great and the stay in my ear both when at the gym and under my crash helmet, so in all a great set of headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser In-Ear canal Headphones, 19 Mar 2014
Jim F (Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
I have owned other Sennheiser products for use with iPod/iPhone and needed some new earphones for the gym. These are light and comfortable (with a choice of 3 sizes of in-ear foam) and produce clear good quality sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound, easy to fit and I use when it's raining, 28 Feb 2014
A Manning (London) - See all my reviews
A very good product. Sound is very good for the price. And it didn't tangle as much as some earbuds. Audio quality on the mic is decent too. On android phones (mine anyway) the middle button does stop/start whatever you're listening to. However, the up/down volume buttons don't do anything (may work on iPhones though)

4.0 out of 5 stars A little pricey for the sound quality, 25 Feb 2014
They do the job I bought them for and am pleased, would liked slightly more bass, but they stay in my ears whilst running, however if your ears do not fit any of the three buds provided your in for a bad time. Doesn't tangle too much, seller delivered super quick.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 22 Feb 2014
Poor build quality. Lost the clip and the ear bud after a couple of uses. Sound quality average.

Recommend looking at the Sound Magic E10 in ear headphones which are half the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars high price tag... poor sound..., 4 Feb 2014
actually i was looking to replace my sony headphones which were included with my xperia. I thought I can spend some money more for having good in ear headphones. But besides being comfortable, the disappointment after listening to pop (dance, hiphop, house) was obviously. There is no depth, no bass the highs pitches and are annoying. I couldn't believe it. So I tried several settings with the equalizer - no success. Furthermore the volume buttons are not compatible with xperia (android 4.3). what a waste of money! I really do not recommend those headphones (maybe for 10-20 Euros ok, but definitely not for 70).

I have to add that I have plugged the phones also at my hp laptop (cuz I was thinking maybe it's a "sony thing") but there was the same sound issue. Don't misunderstand me these headphones are not that bad... but comparing to 20 EUR in-ear headphones... yes they are ;-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Buying these is playing a lottery on ear size, 4 Feb 2014
A. Broomhead - See all my reviews
I honestly believe that if your ear canal is exactly one of the three sizes that the provided sleeves accommodate you will get a brilliant experience. Mine however lay somewhere between the large and medium sleeve - with the large they sound good when I hold them to my ear canal but will not stay in, with the medium they will stay in but sound awfully tinny due to air leakage.

I have had many pairs of Sennheiser in-ear canal headphones over the past decade, all of which have provided excellent levels of comfort and sound - these simply do not measure up. In addition the hooks which fit over the ear are incredibly flimsy along the curved section - black on the black pair, but the section closer to the ear - silver on the black pair, has no give at all, meaning that if your ears are not a specific size they will do nothing for you. If you wear glasses they will do nothing for you. I have had much cheaper pairs of sport earphones with much better fit than these.

All in all I would not recommend buying these unless you're willing to gamble - if you need a mic I would recommend the MM70s, otherwise the CX-400-II sound great - they are essentially the same earphones, but the MM70s have a mic and remote rather than the inline volume rheostat. Both sets stay in well; I've owned both sets and had each last at least the 2 year warrantee period. One big difference is that the sleeves on these drivers are much softer and more pliable, meaning that it's much easier to get a good fit in your ear canal. I've also used the CX300-II and would say they're fine if you don't need the volume slider and want to save a few quid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit for small ear canals, 26 Jan 2014
So far these are the best sports headphones that fit in my small ear canals. I can wear these all day without pain in my ears. That said, the fit could be better; they come off from time to time while jogging.

The sound quality is good enough for e.g. podcast listening. However, for music I would like to have more bass.

The biggest problem with these is durability. Currently, I have replaced the product twice! After few months of use one channel just goes mute. I hope Sennheiser comes out with an upgraded version with better durability. Otherwise I like the product very much. Without Amazon great customer support I have probable gone with another product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good but loose in the ear, 22 Jan 2014
The sound is not too bad, they are fair but not spectacular. The problem is they do slip out of the ear when jogging and must be pushed back in which can be annoying. I wear glasses so this helps to keep them in place. The biggest advantage is that you can use the microphone. In summary if you can get a pair that wrap around the head or the ears more securely and comfortably then go for those. A little overpriced just to have a good microphone to take calls on your iPhone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible with HTC One, 16 Jan 2014
Tried these, great audio quality and very comfortable. However they neglect to mention what they are compatible with.. The volume control did not work what so ever on my HTC One....

For that I'm giving them a low rating cause is the fact that they do not mention this and as the volume control is what I bought them for this proved a total waste of 50... I've had 10 headphones that had working volume controls on

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›