5.0 out of 5 stars Aural steroids!
~Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports In-Ear canal Headphones~

As an avid gym-goer and music connoiseur, I simply cannot rate these headphones highly enough.

Starting with the sound: any reviewers who claim that this piece of kit delivers mediocre sound quality is a sandwich short of a picnic (sorry guys - maybe it's time for you to go for a hearing test?) The...
Published 23 months ago by CGN

1.0 out of 5 stars Basically unuseable
My last pair of Sennheiser sport headphones were great. They had two buds, one went in your ear and the other sat inside the curve of the ear securing the whole thing in place. Good sounds, nice depth, great bass.

This pair keep falling out/ off. The one size fits all nature just doesn't fit me. One side keeps working its way out of my ear canal and then the...
Published 15 months ago by Hillgirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black (Electronics)
They are awsome, plus when I am runing they don't go off :)!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Aug 2014
The headphones have good sound quality and don't fall out.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 6 Aug 2014
The headphones stopped working after 4 months of use

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound....a little fiddly to fit but I say give them a chance!, 26 April 2014
Delighted with the sound on these. Great bass. Not tinny in the least. Dunno bout Red Bull but new earphones definitely give you wings!

Re fitting: I had to mess around a little with them. The first run I took them on was 10k in pouring rain. Whilst they didn't fall out they did work a little loose. I changed the bud sizes and have discovered one ear needs larger bud than other. Also squeezed the around ear fittings a little to make a more secure fit. They seem to be working just fine now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit and comfy, 27 Feb 2014
I have a massive problem with headphones in that I have a very small inner ear, and so most headphones simply don't fit. With these having different size "buds" to attach I can wear these with no problem. I imagine that people with the opposite problem would feel the same with the large size fitted.

The sound quality is excellent for this price range, showing a good balance and contrast between bass and mid tones with no tininess (if that's a word) at the top end too.

Have used on iPod/iPad and Samsung phone and the sound is really good across them all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor durability, 20 Oct 2013
Very disappointed with these as the remote control failed completely after 3 weeks ( that's about 9 reasonably long runs). Shame because my previous sennheisers lasted nearly 4 years. Especially frustrating given the quite high price. Won't be buying their headphones again.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT compatible with all MP3, 11 Oct 2013
This product has been promoted to be compatible with all MP3 players. I do not know what is that all about and how it is possible for companies these days to just flat out lie about their product in their publicity. This product is not compatible with all MP3 players. I bought it. It worked fine with my mac (although I am not really going to go running with my macbook pro, am I), my gf's apple phone; yet it is not compatible with my HTC phone nor with my creative zen player (the actual devices I use for listening to music when running).

2.0 out of 5 stars excellent when not moving!, 13 Sep 2013
Amazing sound but they drop out of place when running in less than a minute or so. The bass seems to rely heavily on fitting (and staying in) your ear which would be fine if they did stay in.

And after becoming used to the the neckband versions, noise seems to travel up the cable a bit more - maybe coz there's a cable running to each piece whereas the neckband version had the cable attached to the left piece only.

The packaging is a little extreme too! Lots of plastic, tape & card in an oversized box. You'd think online items wouldn't need to make the same first impression as items on shelves in shops.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser, 15 Aug 2013
N. Hopewell-smith "Nick" (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This was bought to replace a previous Sennheiser/Adidas sports headphone set that I managed to break. I assumed it would offer the same quality of audio and most especially a similar degree of bass response. Unfortunately the OCX 685i is not a patch on the previous unit - even with the EQ on my i-phone adjusted with bass boost and treble reduction. I was very disappointed as I have always been a Sennheiser advocate, being a satisfied user of the PXC-450 high-end noise reduction headphones. It's impossible to audition cheap/in-the-ear sports headphones like the OCX 685i, so the buying risk is considerable. Sadly, in this case, the manufacturer's excellent reputation and previously unimpeachable track record proved to be deceptive rather than the re-assuring guide to quality.I was expecting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird faulty issues, 9 July 2013
I did extensive research before placing the order for these Sennheiser earphones.
Despite this when I ordered them they arrived faulty, partially working on my IPad and Nano
But Not on my IPhone 4S ? This product is advertised around supposedly fully compatible with all Apple
Products?!... After much chasing I had them replaced by Amazon.
I needed these especially for my running and training at the Gym, these are not cheap and I had high expectations
Because of the brand Sennheiser.. Maybe it was just bad luck... I just want people to be aware
Now I have them replaced I am enjoying using them I have incredibly small ears and you can't adjust the shape around your ear shape