5.0 out of 5 stars superb build for the western fans, 1 Sep 2013
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
This is my first Lone Ranger Lego build and I will admit that I bought it because of the stagecoach.

The kit consists of 3 bags with one building manual - a total of 279 pieces with 5 mini-figures.

- Lone Ranger (John Reid) - single face - white 10 gallon cowboy hat, nice torso printing (front and back) and leg printing. Comes with 2 silver 6-shooters. The Lone Ranger is the same mini-figure in almost all the sets released so far in 2013.

- Tonto - 2 faced - great torso and leg printing, small amount of back printing is covered by the hair piece. Hair piece has detachable crow/raven. Comes with knife. This is the same Tonto mini figure that occurs in most of the 2013 Lego LR sets so far.

- Jesus (pronounced Hay-sues) - 1st appearance in a Lego LR set - single face - great torso printing (front and back), brown cowboy hat, red bandana and knife.

- Barrett - 1st appearance in a Lego LR set - single face - nice printing on torso, back and legs, black cowboy hat.

- Red Harrington - 1st appearance in a Lego LR set - 2 faced - fantastically detailed on torso (front and back), material skirt (put on like a cape but between torso and legs), legs are bi-colour (one red and one white) the white one has some lovely printing on it. Comes with a very nice detachable green hat and a pistol.

- Brown horse - nice head printing, moveable head and back legs.

- 2 black coach horses - nice head printing, moveable head and back legs, reins are attached to the muzzles of the horses and lead to the driver's seat on the coach.

- The Coach - the two front wheels are on a pivoted bar so they can move to steer the coach and the rear wheels have a form of suspension. The double doors on both sides of the coach open and you can fit 2 of the mini figures inside (one on each side) - the roof is removable to help with this. One the roof is a postal satchel with a letter and a large green safe with a bar of silver. At the back of the coach is a storage area with a case in it, press the trigger and you can fire the case at the pursuing enemy.

There are a couple of points which I must make:

- the box indicated that the two baddies (Jesus and Harrington) each had a red bandana and a rifle BUT the box only contained one bandana and one rifle - a little disappointing;

- the black horses are a lot smaller than the completed coach meaning that the finished article looks a little odd with the coach towering over the tiny horses.

There are a number of stickers including a couple for the inside of the coach.

I like the mini-figure of Red Harrington it is beautifully done, but it did occur to me that this may be another first for Lego - possibly the first Lego "hooker" mini-figure ever.

The coach is superb, regardless of it being out of proportion with the horses, it now had pride of place at the centre of another Lego collection.

The RRP for the set of 29.99 and with 279 pieces it comes out as 10.7 pence per piece.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good for lone ranger fans, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
my dad watched the lone ranger when he was my age (I am 8)
and he enjoyed it so I dicided to show him that the lone ranger film was coming out in cinemas. After I showed him the film I found out about lego the lone ranger and I had a need to get some. so today (19/8/2013) I went to a toy shop and my brother bought some lego star wars and I thought I had enough money to by this item but it was 30 quid so I went back home built his lego told my dad I thought I could buy something so I looked on amazon and EUREKA! I had enough money

5.0 out of 5 stars A very happy boy!, 23 July 2013
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
Quick, easy and just what the birthday boy wanted! Not necessarily cheap, but "you do get what you paid for" and in this case quality. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to build and great display item, 25 Jan 2014
Andrew (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
I picked this up on a special deal, but at its original RRP of 30.00 it was still good value. It comes with great figures, lots of accessories and has loads of play value. I built it in stages which allowed me to appreciate the level of detail better, its one of the best models I have owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars son's birthday gift a success, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
it came quickly and well packaged, he is a lego enthusiast and loves the unusual and rare pieces that came with the set, had cute wigs for the mini figures.

5.0 out of 5 stars great lego!, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
Once again a great toy from Lego. This was for my 7 year old son from father Christmas and he loves it. He had no problems building it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lego set, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
Very happy with this set
I may have bought this a little too early for my twin boys to fully appreciate but they can work with me to build it and play with it. It is well made and good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lone Ranger Lego, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
My grandson loved this as he loves lego. He is very keen on the lone ranger and has collected quite a few lone ranger lego figures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantatstic, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
Ordered for my 6yr old son...he and everyone who sees it love it...it is a fabulous piece of Lego..the detail is great...really lovely toy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very goos Lego set, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: LEGO The Lone Ranger 79108: Stagecoach Escape (Toy)
My 10 year old grandson is very happy with this Lego, he has other Lone Ranger sets and loves them all.