Price:£116.09+ Free shipping

on 10 September 2013
Jabba's Palace would not be complete without it's rancor's pit. Both sets are on my display shelf and it probably has been asked about by most guests in my house. A very prominent display set, and brings back some good old Star Wars memories.

Delivery:
Good (got it in 5 days - priority shipping), shipped to Malaysia. Packaging was intact, and the boxes were in good condition.

Pros:
The rancor minifig, while all brown, was actually fairly well designed. The set overall is a easy build, and would be suitable for young kids. I mainly use it as a display set with Jabba's Palace, and it looks formidable, imposing itself with it's history and events among my other sets. Once in a while as the Dark Side weakens my will, I take it out and re-enact the events from movies :)

Cons:
A little expensive than what I thought the set should be, I would suggest trying to wait for some discounts before picking it up.
on 29 March 2014
I got this Lego Rancor Pit for my little boys birthday. He built this the whole saturday afternoon and say it was his favourite star wars lego set and favourite birthday present. He has asked me if we could get jabba's palace from Santa, I think that set sits on top of the rancor pit. It's been built for over a week now and my son is still happily playing with it. Any little boy who loves building lego sets would love this...
on 2 April 2014
I got this for my lego mad husband to go under jabba's palace. Together they look great, but I wouldn't buy this separately to be by itself
on 17 April 2014
My 7 year old son loves this set. It was a little basic to put together, so not for the child who enjoys the 'building' lego sets but is fund to play with. He now wants Jabba's palace to go with it of course so is more expensive than you think!
on 28 May 2014
My 4 year old loved this Lego build. Was not too fussed about putting the Rancor pit together but put the characters and the Rancor together himself and then played for hours. Great hidden compartments were a real treat for him.
on 20 October 2014
Top class. One of the best lego sets we've purchased. Pretty easy to construct, quite durable and excellent fun. The Rancor is the best Lego figure I've seen. Wow, a normal review. Must be a Monday morning.
on 11 May 2014
bought this as a gift for friends little boy, he absolutely loves it, his face lit up when he first saw it and I dont think he has missed a day playing with it since he got it would recommend
on 10 September 2015
Another great product from Lego, but unfortunately it doesn't really work as a standalone set. It really needs to be paired with Jabba's Palace (9516) to realise its full potential, and so is rather expensive for what it is. The Rancor figure is fantastic, and the new Gamorrean guard looks much better than ones in older sets. It's a shame that when you do seat Jabba's Palace on top were it belongs, the gate cannot be raised.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2014
My 6 year old Grandson loves it, which is the only reason I bought it, but I think £50 is another complete LEGO rip off, I'd guess, this plastic product didn't even cost a fiver to produce.
on 10 January 2015
Took a while to arrive. Has a lot of very small parts in addition to the Lego parts. Did not think that this was value for money although my grandson loved it .