5.0 out of 5 stars Must-see movie for everyone who cares about their health!!
Published 17 months ago by Emma

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and potentially life-changing
Food for thought! Puts forward a convincing argument for going vegan. Inevitably with this sort of documentary much of it is rather intense people talking at you, hence three stars, but that aside it is worth watching.
Published 12 months ago by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-see movie for everyone who cares about their health!!, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release) (DVD)
I have already recommended this movie to about 20 people in person- at least 5 of whom I know have gone on to watch it and bought copies of their own. When you find out such powerful information as this movie delivers it is just a crying shame not to tell everyone about it. I stopped eating meat last year after my Dad was diagnosed with stage 2 oesophageal cancer and we did a lot of research into the health benefits of a vegetarian/vegan/macrobiotic diet on cancer sufferers. One year later my Dad is cancer free and the doctors were amazed at his recovery and couldn't believe his response to treatment. We firmly believe this change in diet played a major part in his recovery on account of the reading and research we had done. This movie just reiterates the amazing health benefits of a plant-based diet. It advocates a vegan diet in essence as the focus is on cutting out both meat and dairy but when you weigh up the dietary changes against the threat of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc, I think the change (even if gradual) is worth it. It is not a movie that is just telling everyone to stop eating meat- it provides you with many powerful facts that enable you ultimately to make up your own mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGING DOCUMENTARY, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release) (DVD)
This is one of the most important films I've ever seen. It's a huge eye opener into nutrition and disease and I for one was very grateful to have seen it. I had no idea it would have that affect on me. I have changed my diet accordingly and feel healthier and happier for it. It's an education and an investment in the future. Highly recommend. But apart from the info, it's fascinating and entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars This IS a region-free DVD- a must-see!, 22 Sep 2012
S. F. White "rock fan" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I was initially put off from buying this because it is erroneously listed as region 1- US only, but on checking the Forks Over Knives website (Which don't export outside the US), they confirmed it as region free, so I took the plunge and ordered it from Amazon. What causes the confusion, I think, is that the format is NTSC- the US TV format, rather than PAL, the UK one- but most modern DVD players will play NTSC region-free DVDs with no hassle, and such was the case.

Now about the film- I was first alerted to Caldwell Esselstyn's work via a Dean Ornish book, as I was diagnosed with heart disease in 2011, and didn't like the risks inherent with heart bypass surgery, which I was advised to have, so I sought alternatives. This film lays out, clearly and comprehensively, the health benefits that can be had from a wholefoods, plant-based diet, and how it can help reverse the effects of most cancers and heart disease, and there is plenty of science in there to back it up, set out in easy-to-understand terms. Suffice to say that after already undergoing a vegetarian diet for my heart, this film convinced me to take the last step and go completely vegan. I have, definitely, felt the benefits- already, my energy levels are much better, and so far I've been able to stop one of my medications, and will hopefully be able to stop the rest next year- not bad for someone who was recommended a bypass- forks over knives, indeed! This diet DOES work, and the film will help convince anyone who has any doubts about this at all. For anyone wanting to see this film- and I think anyone who's seen 'Supersize Me' and wanted to know if there was another way would be included in that number- don't be put off by the mistaken region information- this DVD will play ANYWHERE, so go buy it and watch it, your heart will thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Potentially life-changing knowledge for everyone who needs it!, 12 Feb 2012
It surprises us what nutrition our bodies really need and what the meat and health industry have been telling us. Me and my husband now are transitioning towards a vegan diet and a more healthy lifestyle. We recommend this DVD to everyone who really cares about their health and looking for a lifetime solution to their health issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most important and watchable DVD I have ever seen, 26 Sep 2012
Mrs. Vanessa Gray "grayva" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This DVd changed my life for the better. Its hard not to go round recommending it to everyone that I know. Since watching it - I have discovered a huge body of research supporting the evidence presented here. Watch it - its an hour out of your life. It not boring for 1 minute. And it is likely to increase not only the length but the quality of your life in a really really good way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forks over knives, 5 Aug 2012
One of the best documentaries I have ever seen and I urge everyone to watch it. We should all know how the food we eat has been produced and the effect it has on our bodies and health, but this documentary clearly demonstrates that there are many myths that people believe. And at last there is a film showing the truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release) (DVD)
inspirational DVD, can change your life. highly recommended to anyone wishing to improve their health and longevity through diet and lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Life Changer, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release) (DVD)
At last the video that should be on shelf of everyone who values their health. Be warned ; This video will change your life, for the better. Dare to be healthy!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saving, 7 Feb 2012
I was fortunately raised as a vegetarian but after seeing this movie I'd say that I now keep mainly to a vegan diet. My husband who eats meat was changed by this movie and only eats meat about once every couple of months. All my life growing up people would say that I wouldn't be healthy without meat. They were wrong. I'm almost never sick. It is in fact the meat industry that's causing so many illnesses. Watch this movie to really understand what is being done and make a smart choice with your diet. It's a whole lot cheaper than health care!

5.0 out of 5 stars ignore all the reviews, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release) (DVD)
The smear campaign I have seen about this movie is shocking and abhorrent to me. The points they have been trying to use (that it's a vegan propaganda film etc bla bla) are simply not true. I have been shocked to read some of these reviews and pretty much refuse to read reviews. I skip straight to what the real people think. i don't even read the reviews in the majority of cases nowadays because they are so corrupt.

Every single customer review (or real person), or comment at the end of the review that has attempted to smear and slander it has given it 5 stars. This is an exceptional film.

It is disappointing we live in an age where every single review is controlled by corporate special interest, and Government lobbying etc.

This film doesn't have a single fault! It is perfect in every way, it isn't too long, its punchy, it's intelligent without being sentimental and all the facts are there and corroborated by evidence, despite whether that behoves the industry or not. It's a fact, it's not trying to sell you anything! Unlike the reviews trying to keep people in their trapped lifestyles, and keep the dying medical industry of corporate drug pushers in business.

This film will change the world.

Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release)
Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release) by Lee Fulkerson (DVD - 2013)
9.53