5.0 out of 5 stars An honest opinion
Published 15 months ago by miss a m e pollard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not great....
Wolf 2 in 1 1200w Super Heated Floor and Hand Held Steam Cleaner - Complete with 2 x Floor Cloths, 2 x Upholstery Cloths

I was looking at an H20 power mop and then saw this. I'd heard of the Wolf brand before and at half the price, thought I would go for it.

Published 22 months ago by rhymes

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest opinion, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Wolf 5 in 1 1200w Super Heated Floor and Hand Held Steam Cleaner - Complete with 2 x Floor Cloths, 2 x Upholstery Cloths
Having looked at all of the reviews for all steam mops, I decided on this one due to a budget. This mop has some shocking reviews but I feel that unrealistic expectations were in force here. Every mop I looked at positive and negative review points. Even the really expensive ones had the same negative points so why pay all that money if the problems are going to be the same but you are £150 or more lighter in the pocket.
I have had this for a few weeks now and have used all of its functions and feel I can give a balanced and honest opinion now.
As a hard floor mop, I have had no issues at all. I have used it on relatively inexpensive laminate with no issues. The variable steam control means you can turn the steam level down to prevent water damage. Prior to using it, I gave everywhere a long and through vaccuuming then mopped traditionally. I do have two dogs and two children so my floors do get grubby. Unlike some reviewers, I do appreciate this is a steam mop not a cleaner. The steam mop head was still dirty despite the initial cleaning. The steam mop will loosen ground in dirt and the dirt that accumulates in the grouting of tiles too. I seriously think anyone doubting this mop yet thinking they can expect it to perform miracles when only using it once weekly is sorely misguided. Its so quick to use, that I now mop my floor every night before going to bed.I have had no issues with dripping or pooling water and the floors dry in one or two minutes. Don't expect to give it a swish round and for any noticeable dirt to disappear. Its is quick to use but some areas may need the head of the mop to be left on the area for a few seconds but that is all. I clean the downstairs of a terraced house in about 10 mins max after the initial hoover.
I have used the handheld part on almost anything that sat still long enough and its great for loosening grime and sanitising.You do need to change the cloths when dirty. Anyone who thinks this is a negative must use the same dishcloth without rinsing it. It comes with two handheld cloths and they are easily washed and can go in the machine too.
I have used this as a window cleaner and it is excellent. The squeegee works well unlike some of the handheld squeegies I have previously bought to do the windows traditionally as these were too rigid and didnt scrape the water off very well. Many reviewers have stated there is excess water which pools on the window ledges. Of course there is and would be if you did it traditionally. Another example perhaps of unrealistic expectations. A quick wipe is all that is needed. I have to say that due to the length and weight of the handheld unit ( which is not as cumbersome as some reviewers claim in my opinion), it is a little tricky to work right to the bottom of the window. I just went horizontally accross the bottom and it did a great job.
As a carpet freshener, I have had no issues either. The carpet glider attachment DOES allow the mop to glide despite what some reviewers have experienced . Granted it does not get rid of old stains, IT IS NOT A CARPET CLEANER AFTER ALL, but they are less noticeable. My daughter drops make up on her carpet and these sort of stains are grease based so I didnt expect them to disappear without some form of detergent but they are better. I have cleaned them with Vanish and bought her a washable rug!! There is a coffee stain in my lounge which has now gone thanks to the steam mop. It does come with two floor pads but I bought 5 more too. They fit by velcro and are secure. It does state you cant wash these in the machine but I dont know why. I can only think the velcro may loosen??
I have used the handheld as an upholstery freshener. Again it is not a cleaner!! I have a Vax machine that does all that if I could be bothered to set it all up!! It does freshen and does not leave the material as damp as I thought it would and as damp as a traditional cleaner does.
Now as a balance, I will offer to address the negative points I have read in previous reviews.

I am a healthy woman in my 40s and do not find this mop heavy or awkward to handle but would imagine if you have a disability or are aged, of course it may be more of a problem. That been said, if you can push a hoover around, this will be a breeze.
Water drippage - Only noticed water pooling when cleaning the windows which I logically expected. There was minor drippage onto my work surface when I cleaned the cupboard doors in the kitchen. My doors are shaker style and have groves running vertically which are a nightmare to clean. They are clean NOW!! I will say if you are using steam which will condense, you are going to get some water for Gods sake. The pad gets wet and the water has to go somewhere. However I cannot believe that this is seen as a major problem.
The pads are never white and pristine again, dont expect them to be.
Some people have said this is flimsy. Its made of plastic not reinforced steel when all is said and done. The handle is metal and in my opinion is robust for the purpose.
Some reviewers feel the handheld unit needs another handle on it. I haven't found this a problem as the unit is not heavy.
Reviews have stated the cord is short....No its not, its actually longer than the cord on my Dyson hoover. Unless you live in a house with only one plug socket, surely this can't be a genuine issue. Unplug, move to next room, plug in and crack on. Hardly a chore is it??
My only real issue with the mop is a minor picky one. That is that the cord when wrapped around the two anchor points on the handle when storing it, the plug ends up dangling. Hard to describe but the cord is too short to reach the top anchor so that the remainer and plug can be tucked under the coiled cable to make it tidy. This really is not an issue, I am sometimes niggly about finer details haha

I do not regret purchasing this AT ALL! It does what it should. Don't be put off by the reviews. I can only summise that some of the reviewers had unrealistic expectations. It is not an actual cleaner. It will clean surface grime but if your house if filthy, this mop will not be up for he job. Clean your house first and use this to keep it clean and sanitised. Maybe some reviewers think if this mop is plugged in, i will crack on cleaning whilst they sit on the sofa watching TV!!

All in all I am very impressed with this mop and I think its very reasonably priced. I admit to been ever so slightly obsessed with using it now! I have recommended it to three friends/work colleagues who have purchased and are also really pleased with

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good steam cleaner, 17 Dec 2012
great for floors, windows and walls. Steam lasts about 20 mins. No problems with laminate floor thanks to variable steam control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Steamer, 30 Nov 2012
I brought this steamer with review to clean my carpets mainly, along with tiles etc.
On opening the box the installation of unit was very easy. I did notice the water tank did not seem to fit correctly and was unsure of it not falling off. I took photo and emailed the customer service who said it did look faulty (don't let that put you off). No problem they dispatched a new one the same day.
New water tank has arrived the next day and I must say I have cleaned about 4 carpets so far that had not been properly cleaned for about 2 years and the results was excelent. Being the first clean you just need to take a bit of time but well worth it.
This is a great product for the price. Well pleased with both the steamer and excelent customer service. Credit to both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was needed, 25 Feb 2013
Came in plenty of time and does what it says not too wet on floor as I was a bit concerned about that

5.0 out of 5 stars Every home should have one, 24 Dec 2012
Briliant , versatile little machine, simple to use and lightweight , my kitchen floor has never looked so clean, great for cleaning the shower, windows and rugs
Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 May 2013
Totally brilliant and really pleased I purchased. Amazing on ovens, tiles and floors. Lead is long and the attachments are great. Very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars steam cleaner, 21 Feb 2013
cannot fault this product.i have basically done the whole house with this,from the bathrooms to kitchen and carpets ,does all very well

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 11 Oct 2012
My sister has one of theses and I was going to buy the one that cost £199.00 and she told me to get this one as its a great price and was delivered super fast to her.. So i did.. It was super fast next day delivery. And you know what' It does what its meant to do.. It's not as expensive and solid to hold as the £199.00 ones and felt a bit flimsy when I was putting it together but it does the job perfectly and I've still got over £140.00 in my purse and who can moan about that.? I've cleaned my bathroom floor, the tiles round the shower, the shower screen all in under 20 mins and its sparkling clean.. It's going to get some use today as I'm cleaning my utility/boot room floor today and it's home to muddy Wellington boots and dogs are dried here so its going to be a challenge but I don't doubt this product will do the job perfectly its lightweight, easy to store and apart from water needs no chemicals which is a bonus if you have allergies or asthma . Get one even if its only for cleaning the tiles in the bathroom it's worth it...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not great...., 12 Nov 2012

It arrived pretty quickly and in a small, not too heavyweight package. Obviously not big enough for a letter box and needing a signature.

I unpacked it and, although the instructions weren't great (or very comprehensive), it seems pretty obvious where everything should go.

First test - limescale on the shower walls and screens. Results - not great. It cleaned the screens, but not as well as a good scrub (even with quite a few runs over with the window attachment). The walls and grout came off better, but still with a fair bit off elbow grease and the wire brush attachment. Not as easy as any adverts I've seen....

Next - inside of the oven door. Now, I'll admit - this hasn't been cleaned in A WHILE!!! But again, still not as easy as the adverts and it's still pretty dirty now - I got bored of it not getting very clean. Results - a can of Mr Muscle oven cleaner would be cheaper and probably easier.

Finally (couldn't be bothered with much more) - bathroom floor and toilet. This worked fine, although I would definitely recommend sweeping first - any dust or fluff will ball together when wet and be harder to clean. Still, the floor is pretty clean (wet, but clean) and the toilet is also. BUT - for things like the toilet, you will need to wipe up straight after - it gets dirt out that you couldn't see was there, mixes it with hot water, then blasts it about a bit!!

I should say that the water tank does seem to last quite a while, the cable is fairly long and the steam jet is (obviously) very hot and quite powerful. Also, it's not as flimsy as I thought it would be - I half expected the handle to snap before I unpacked it, but it's not too bad. As a handheld unit, it's fine for me, but my partner had a try and I thin kit was a bit too heavy for her - she said it could do with another handle at the back of the unit.

So, to sum up - it's called a STEAM MOP. As a steam mop - for floors etc, it seems to do the job pretty well. If you want it to do a lot that isn't just mopping up mess on shiny floors, don't expect the Earth. But also, don't expect it to be terrible. I would guess that with a clean starting point and when used regularly, it would be quite a useful tool (and probably quite quick), but I can't be bothered to get the house sparkling tonight to find out....

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 9 May 2013
This is a slightly lower powered steam cleaner than others (which is what I wanted.) It has a dial to turn the steam up and down but I found it leaves puddles when on full blast as the steam seems to come out the front rather than down through the pad. I think it would be more useful if it had a trigger switch like other steam cleaners have, then you could have better control when moving about. As it is, it constantly steams when on and you have to completely switch it off each time you move from one job to the next. The quality - It does seem a little flimsy but I hope with care it will last. It does clean my tile floors very well and saved my back a whole bunch. One thing to note - The booklet says the micro cloth pads should be hand washed! (Which is a pain as I was hoping to just throw them in the washer.) Overall I'm pretty pleased. (Have yet to see if it is gentle enough for my oak floors - will update when I've been brave enough to try!)