5.0 out of 5 stars Great Biography
First: two of the Reviews offered alongside this refer to the book of Elizabeth Barrett poems, and not the biography of her written by Margaret Forster.
Published on 8 Dec 2012 by J. Newth

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustration !
I was really pleased to find this book so downloaded it to my Kindle. Looking at the contents I was even more pleased to see that there were photographs listed. Imagine my disappointment to find that the Kindle edition does not have any photographs in it.

I have since bought the hardback (after quite a search)and am looking forward to its arrival.
Published on 11 Oct 2012 by JCH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Biography, 8 Dec 2012
J. Newth "regular reader" (Poole, UK) - See all my reviews
Then: I have read a good number of biographies of the great British Poets from Wordsworth onwards: top of the list is probably Holmes' two volume biography of Samuel Taylor Coleridge. This present biography by Forster is a wonderful read and runs it close. It doesn't take long to get into, and once 'into it', it was extremely difficult to put down. The story of Elizabeth's rejection by her father and brothers when she secretly meets and then marries Robert Browning is a withering one. The extraordinary love Robert and Elizabeth had for each other - real and tested by often deep differences of opinion - is almost too good to be true. Quite obviously one of the greatest love stories of all time. Most of us will know the ending but the journey there is an utterly moving one.
I like the fullness of the indexing and the ease with which one can be reminded of 'who is who' in the vast cast list of relatives and friends - essential but not always there in all such works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning poetry beautifully packaged, 7 May 2004
Elizabeth Barrett Browning's collection of love poems needs no introduction. A collection of love letters in verse, the title refers to the nickname given to the poet by her lover and husband Robert Browning.
Bloomsbury's pocket-sized edition is the perfect foil for these verses, small enough for you to carry about with you if you fancy a quick-fix of romance during your day, the binding elegant enough to make a perfect Valentine's gift.
I love all the Bloomsbury Classics series. The paper is heavy with a lovely creamy texture and the dust jackets are decorated with a series of block printed patterns. For me, this title will be a welcome addition to my collection and a companion to Robert Browning's selected poems from the same edition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustration !, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: Elizabeth Barrett Browning: A Biography (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Can Margaret Forster ever go wrong!, 25 April 2013
B. Fox (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I ordered 2 copies of this book; one for me and one for a friend and both arrived in excellent condition and at such a reasonable price. Because the books are quite old there was some discolouration of the pages but other than that, they were as good as you could expect for the price and age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional service, 11 Nov 2011
Ordered a copy of an Elizabeth Barrett Browning volume of her poems as a birthday gift for a friend. She was absolutely delighted with the book and I was well pleased with the service. The book dropped on my doorstep by almost return of post and well packaged to prevent any damage in transit. Congratulations to the supplier for her customer care. Tim Wood

Elizabeth Barrett Browning: A Biography