Size: 1|Change
Price:£5.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 16 February 2013
It's been about a decade since I last remember eating a bowl of these things and I always wondered why they'd gone. Someone told me because of the huge amount of sugar in it but I always thought if you were sensible about it then it wouldn't be a problem. I mean, I'm a normal weight adult male who enjoys a sweet cereal as opposed to Quaker Oats or whatever the hell we're supposed to be eating, so why shouldn't I be able to have Lucky Charms? Damn eejits overdoing it and getting diabetes!

Well anyway, they are available now via Amazon's new grocery service, though you've got to pay 3 or 4 times the box price in the US for the privilege!

When I opened up the box the toasted oats looked a bit paler than I remembered but when I took that first bite? Ahhhhhhh. Oh yeah. That's what they tasted like. Amazing! Red hearts, yellow moons, blue somethings, rainbows... except it's changed a bit. They are hearts, moons, horseshoes, and something unidentifiable but round. Still tastes the same as the marshmallow pieces I remembered though.

Obviously it's not healthy for you or your kids but take the suggestive servings and you'll be fine. Anyway, the best cereal in the world is available in the UK again after too long and it's as great as it ever was!
on 20 February 2014
You are probably thinking "wow, these are expensive for a biz if cereal!"? But Amazon are cheaper than everywhere else - believe me. I get a box every now and then as a treat. Make sure they are eaten with savour and respect and not like your usual bowl if cereal!
on 26 November 2014
I haven't had these for years, and although they are quite expensive I was really wanting to try some again - and these seemed to be the cheapest ones available (and arrived within 2 days).

For me they are worth the price and taste really good. And they come in a pretty big box so should last a couple of days at least. They're not something you'd probably buy regularly due to the cost, and it obviously won't be the healthiest cereal. But they're worth splashing out on every once in a while. I just wish they actually sold these in the supermarkets again and at better prices.
on 29 May 2014
Heard so many great things about how tasty these were so I got myself a one portion pot from Selfridges. After that, I was hooked! Ordered two boxes from here on Amazon, cheaper than my local supermarket.
on 2 August 2015
why are they not officially made in the UK to the same US recipe...answer is all those handwringing bedwetters who reckon sugar is evil. Big news! sugar is what powers our body cells. I was brought up on sugary crap (plus boil in the bag cod when my dad thought I needed some protein) and it did me no harm at all. I give these to my 6 year old son, he wolfs the lot then takes off to school like his a*** is on fire. Ready break just gives him the warm glow of constipation and abdominal cramps. One thing though...I find them a bit hit and miss, mostly great but the last box I had was very salty for some reason. Dear Amazon can we have the St Paddys Day special editions?
on 10 March 2014
My Grandson fell in love with these on his visits to the USA, but they are difficult to buy here as they are found only in "specialist" shops at exorbitant prices, so when we found these at Amazon, we immediately bought him 3 boxes. He's very happy now, so we are also!!!
on 14 February 2014
As most sugary colourful cereal is directed at children, the sugar taste and content is extremely over the top. Being in Britain this cereal was a 'one-off' buy, but the tooth rotting little bits of flavoured sugar cubes are certainly not advised as a normal morning day-starter.
A good taste tester item if you feel like a popular american treat, but not advised more than once if you have any caring of your health and fitness.
on 18 October 2015
The Class War Federation (a British "anarchist" group) recently trashed a café in London selling, wait for it, cereal. Then, they munched at said cereal. Instead of going through all this trouble, presumably including being chased by the police and (presumably) cereal-craving customers, they could have spared themselves the trouble and ordered the breakfast meal from Amazon instead. But I suppose that wouldn't make any headlines, and would look way less radical...
on 2 May 2014
I LOVE Lucky Charms. Generalising hugely, I find them to be in keeping with many American food products (I use the term loosely. lol) - best consumed infrequently and just before brushing your teeth! Let's just be clear on what Lucky Charms are (or are not):

They ARE NOT for children;
They ARE NOT a balanced and nutritious breakfast;
They ARE NOT healthy and wholesome.

They ARE for grown-ups
They ARE yummy at three AM with ice cold Gold Top milk.
They ARE a delicious dessert/unhealthy treat

It's like buying a 24-pack of Coca-Cola, or a kilo of Cornish Clotted Cream, or a pack of Snickers... Parenting skills and basic hygiene are not the responsibility of General Mills - that is your (and/or parents with dependant children) job.

So, in conclusion?

Eat them if you are over sixteen and you like them, in moderation, and you pay for them yourself. If you are looking for something cereal related to feed your kids for breakfast - make porridge with skimmed milk, honey and raisins or something. Most cereal is covered in sugar or chocolate (because kids like them), Lucky Charms just take it to a whole new super-american-steroid-death match level. Never mind what Golden Mills tell you what, or when, to eat... anything, frankly. You do have the choice not to eat, or worse: feed your children, everything "someone else" tells you to...

I have noting to say about the supplier, but their quality rating is being pulled down by people for reasons completely unrelated to them as a company. So here's one equally unrelated, but hopefully slightly useful to anyone unfamiliar with the product.
on 14 May 2015
I used to eat these as a child then then was sad when they stopped selling but to my delight I tracked some down online many years later although expensive for a box of cereal it's ok for a once in a while treat :)