5.0 out of 5 stars excellent reference book
The only copy I have seen of this book before purchasing was sealed so I had no idea of the contents. I was pleasantly surprised as the book is very useful and easy to navigate. It was also half the price which makes it excellent value!
Published on 8 Jan 2012 by Jaws

1.0 out of 5 stars no good, sorry
I bought the kindle version but it took 7 minutes to find "Composers" because there is no search function. I have returned the item for a refund. This is a shame because it is an excellent book. My paper version is very tatty through overuse. Take note Chambers and add the facility to search.
Published 8 months ago by Dr. Jennifer Ward

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Chambers Creossword Dictionary, 8 Jun 2012
This book is a very useful aid to help solve crosswords, as trhe name suggests. It is value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for crossword enthusiasts., 5 Sep 2014
Absolutely delighted with the purchase. It was in excellent condition, in fact better than I expected for a used book. I received it very quickly too. I use it everyday in my attempt to finish all types of crosswords, but it is also an excellent aid for everyday English study.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm greedy but, 30 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Chambers Crossword Dictionary, 3rd edition (Chambers Crosswords) (Kindle Edition)
Money well spent, for both crosswords and reading. Only used it a couple of days but there maybe a faster and more accurate way to use search, as it is it's slow.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crossword aid, 25 Feb 2012
We were rather disappointed with this book which fell between two stools: it was neither a comprehensive dictionary nor a particularly good thesaurus.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›