on 31 January 2014
Ok I expected a lot of the songs to be repeats of what I already own but I did expect more of the songs to be by Original artists or at least sung the way way they were supposed to sound.Some of the Artists tried to add their interpretation of some of the classics which were painful to listen to. I know I have become a bit of an "Oldie" but even my son and his friends agreed it was Crap!! Will end up buying one of them ipod things and cherrypick the decent songs,
on 27 November 2012
Go on! You know you want to.. Get some cheesy christmas songs on and get into the festive mood! To be honest, there's lots of old and new stuff on these cds, mostly good though and great value for money.
on 28 April 2014
I was looking at two boxed sets at the time I ordered. I think I ordered the wrong one. There were songs on this that I have never heard before, hardly "Greatest Ever". Conversely there were really good songs missing. I won't be playing this much, not even at Christmas.
on 24 November 2015
My mum bought me this a few weeks ago and I shall play it this Christmas. I was pleased to see at least a pocketful of old favourites on the album like "Step Into Christmas" (Elton John), "Christmas Wrapping" (The Waitresses), "Driving Home For Christmas" (Chris Rea), "Stop the Cavalry" (Jona Lewie) however I was disappointed to find that a majority of songs were not performed by original artists (a cheaper way for Union Square Music to structure their album) like Samantha Mumba performing "All I Want for Christmas is You" instead of Mariah Carey and Michael Ball singing "Happy New Year" instead of ABBA although his rendition was actually quite good. Some of the songs and singers are genuinely bad - especially Stina Nordenstam singing "Soon after Christmas" (and, be warned, this lasts for 6 and a half minutes).

For all its imperfections, there are some pretty good tracks on here (including unoriginal ones) and I was delighted to hear "It Won't Be Long Til Christmas" from the Disney musical "The Happiest Millionaire" which is probably among my top 5 favourite films of all time.

As a Christmas album, it is different but I guess different isn't always a bad thing. If you want to get the most out of this good-but-not-fantastic album, skip the crap songs like I will and enjoy the holiday season.
If like me, you like soul and Tamla Motown, you will find a lot to like on this Christmas CD, as well as a lot of established favourites from across the decades, like Chris de Burgh's 'A Spaceman Came Travelling', Slade's 'Merry Christmas Everybody' and The Darkness' 'Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)'.

The soul and Tamla input covers Christmas classics like Stevie Wonder doing 'Little Drummer Boy', James Brown's 'Merry Christmas Baby', The Supremes covering 'Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer', along with Love Unlimited's cracking 'It May Be Winter Outside (But In My Heart It's Spring).'

It isn't all secular songs, Smokey Robinson does a medley of Away in A Manger and The Coventry Carol. Elaine Paige also covers The Coventry Carol, which was the stand-out track of her Eighties Christmas album.
There are a couple of offbeat inclusions; I'm not sure what Judy Collins' 'Amazing Grace' is doing on this album, and I'd never heard of Marvin Gaye's 'Purple Snowflakes' until now (and I thought I was a fan!).

Overall though this is a cracking, low-budget CD to get you in the Christmas spirit. Even if you aren't a soul and Tamla fan there's plenty of classics here to keep you happy at a much lower cost than you'd pay for other compilations.
on 23 June 2013
Good collection of Christmas songs and music,I would recommend it to anyone who likes to play the songs as background and for a party.Only prob,some good songs and artists are missing.
Only a few good Christmas songs are contained in this 3 CD collection the rest are rubbish and many are not what I'd call Christmassy but just to fill up the collection to 54 tracks , if you were expecting a Christmas album I doubt you'd like more than 10 out of the 54, no wonder it's so cheap. At least we'll be able to use the CD's as beer mats or throw them in the bin and keep the 3 cases for CD's worth keeping- don't buy this set if you want a happy Christmas collection.
on 30 September 2013
this compilation of christmas songs is first call would say is very good value for money and extremly enjoayable to listen to
on 25 February 2013
Every household should own one CD set like this. Seemed to have most of the popular Christmas Songs on it.
on 9 December 2012
Great to have so many favourites in one pack. Great present for a family with something for everyone to lilsten to.