Size: 45 EU|Colour: Brown|Change

on 13 January 2014
These are quite simply the best wellies I have ever worn! I am only 5' tall with wide feet and although a size 12 I apparently have wide calves as well (according to welly manufacturers, who seem to think that every woman has legs like sticks!). I wear these to do the horses and walk the dogs, so they are on every day for several hours for most of the year. Incredibly comfortable, warm, with a soft cushiony foot bit that allows me plenty of room, without ever feeling like my foot is slopping about; the leg is also very comfortable around the calf, hugging it cosily without squishing, and you never seem to get that folded over jeans knobbly bit in your shin bone. It is like have an adoring personal masseur (scantily clad and oiled, naturally) attached to your feet, or so I imagine...! No problems with falling down socks- I knew there had to be an advantage to not having skinny legs! The only improvement they could make would be to have a built in arch support, and to provide Clint Eastwood to pull them off for me...........
44 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2014
As a fan of my Aigle wellies I was gutted when they began to perish after about 8 years of continuous, daily use. Despite my best efforts all repair jobs proved fruitless so I bit the bullet and bought these Isos as a replacement. They are a good snug fit but the neoprene is really beginning to annoy me. Not only do they feel heavy compared to their predecessors, but the lining makes for a sort of rubbery, jelly-like feel underfoot which I find somewhat disconcerting. And the sock situation is infuriating! Unless you wear tight, long socks under or over your jeans, socks are sucked down to the toes within minutes of walking which is very uncomfortable. And don't make the mistake of trying to go commando. Your feet will rub and sweat and you need Geoff Capes to pull the bloody things off due to the sweaty suction that builds up! My other gripe is also sweat-realated. Sorry. I know it's not very nice to talk about such things but by the end of a decent dog walk my feet are indeed cosy but my socks are damp with sweat, as is the inside of the welly. When I went to put my boots on this morning they were still wet inside from yesterday's use. Not very appealing.
In short, I wish I had gone for the ordinary lined wellies, but it has taken me six weeks to decide this as I kept thinking I would wear the new ones in. I may even flog these ones on ebay if I can and repurchase the others, but how much of my £100+ I would recoup I don't know. Feel a bit disappointed as I wear boots every day and these are just not quite right....
on 17 March 2015
I wear wellies everyday. Not for vigorous hikes through swamps and mountains, but walking the dog through muddy fields, up and down canals and around various public parks. I hadn't been experiencing the level of performance that my feet were craving so I decided to treat myself to a pair of posh wellies with the aim of achieving one elusive goal - Dry, warm, comfortable feet! (Ok, that's three)

I decided on the Aigle brand after extensive research and I have to say, what a decision I made! These wellies are a masterclass in innovative design. Beautifully made, unbelievably comfortable and extremely durable! The Neoprene lining is immensely effective and as far as the Wellington boot goes, they are a rather handsome looking pair too! I debated which size to choose as you always hear people saying "size up or size down" when it comes to wellies. Nonsense! I ordered my shoe size, and they fit perfectly. I have since bought another pair (in a different size and colour) for my wife as her wellies were feeling inadequate, and what a surprise, hers also fit perfectly. So I really don't know how people have had difficulty with this...

Anyway, there you have it. A luxury? Yes. Expensive? Definitely. But an exceptional product, made by a brand at the top of their game! Unlike their cars, French engineering at it's finest!!
on 21 December 2013
I bought my first pair of these about 11 years ago and am just about to buy my second pair! They have been brilliant - warm in the coldest weather, supportive and a joy to walk long distances in. We have dogs so go out at least once a day in all weathers and into often muddy surroundings. Until high summer I'll wear these so they have worn incredibly well and if it weren't for the fact that they have finally split where the upper bends as you walk they'd still be fine. The soles seem to go on for ever and provide good grip in slippery conditions. The reason you can walk so well in these is that the soles are a quality 'walking boot' type of construction and therefore don't tire you as you go over mixed terrain.
I have read other people's reviews saying that they make your socks fall down and that they don't grip your ankles - well, you have to be sure to get the right size in order for them to grip your ankle and support you: when I first tried these on it was a real effort to get my foot in. But once there there was plenty of room for my (broad) foot and they felt snugly held. I'm a 43 in most shoes and I bought a 43 in these - perfect! Getting them on and off does get easier with no apparent lack of grip/support. NB A good quality boot pull is essential for swift and effortless removal!
Re the sock thing, it depends which socks I wear; I've learnt now which socks stay up and which tend to work their way down, so you may have to go through the same process! But it's worth it - you won't regret buying these, even though they look a bit pricy at first. But at roughly £12 per annum (or £1/month) they represent outstanding value if you want real boots that aren't afraid of hard work! Compare these to Hunters and other poor quality pretenders - no comparison! BUY, BUY, BUY!!
on 6 March 2015
Despite the first pair springing a leak I adore these boots. They have a really deep tread (unlike Hunters), you can get them in range of sensible colours (unlike Hunters), they have superb neoprene insulation (unlike Hunters) , and they aren't Hunters (unlike Hunters).
on 8 November 2015
Recommended by fellow dog walkers.
Unbelievably comfortable. I don't get the full effect of the sole cushioning because I have to wear orthotics in all my shoes but I can wear these all day.
My feet and legs are warm, unlike many other wellies.
I had a pair of Hunters previously and they don't compare to these. You might as well spend £20 on a pair of Dunlop/s in my opinion..
The grip when I'm walking is superb. I was out yesterday and everyone else was saying how slippy it was, dog walkers and runners alike. I didn't notice.
I found one of these on the dogs bed the other day and after looking closely you could see the teeth marks. I checked them by standing in the river for 5 minutes. Not a leak. and this is from a puppy that has destroyed so many shoes including doc martens!
If you walk a dog - you won't regret buying these.
on 1 April 2014
Ordered these as replacements for my wife's original Parcours Iso boots, purchased 10 years ago, which recently developed a small split in the upper. She has worn them every day for several hours, walking dogs and gardening,
and always found them warm, comfortable and stylish (rather like her really!). Anyway, the new ones arrived as a surprise gift and were greeted with what I can only describe as rapture! She says that the new Parcours 2 is even more stylish and comfortable! I have a pair of the originals too which I wear for shooting and dog walking, can't wait for mine to wear out now, so I can have an upgrade. Expensive? Maybe. Worth It? Absolutely.
on 20 March 2016
I have had these wellies for about six months now and have pretty much walked in them every day for at least an hour in that time. I have always wanted a pair of decent wellies that dont remove my socks in moments, but have never been able to bring myself to spend so much money on what is, well, a pair of wellies! In a moment of madness I bought these and can only say these boots are awesome. I walk at least an hour a day in them, up hill, down dale, sun, rain (lots of rain), frost and snow. I walk on fields, paths and roads and they have been fine on all. This is the first pair of wellies I have ever owned (I think) that hasnt done sock removal. The neoprene red liner is super comfy and warm when cold, but doesn't get so hot on warm days as to make my feet sweaty. I got some Swipol too to clean then with (occasionally ). After six months I can't see any obvious wear or cracking, and can thoroughly recommend them. The pictures are a couple of my usual walk and show one boot after a Swipol wipe.
review image review image review image
on 12 January 2016
I have always had Aigle wellies and used the living daylight out of them. My last pair died after 8 long years of super use, so I had to get a new pair. Bought the Aigle Parcours 2 ISO, but I have small feet (size 3.5 - 4), so these were not good for me. Ordered size 4 and they were very loose and very heavy as well. I love the make of them as they are normally awesome for long walks and well insulated for cold winters too, but this one is just not for me. Trying a different Aigle Parcours wellies, so will see if they are more for ladies with small feet and calves.

Update!!! - I have just received a new pair of Aigle Parcours 2 in size 3.5 and they are absolutely spot on. Much lighter then the ISO Parcours and I have this time opted for 3.5 instead of 4. Must say that they do fit like a glove now. Calves size is perfect too (I have calves of 38cm). Recommend to any lady that had previously same size issue like me.
on 19 November 2013
The boot offers great support for walking, they keep my feet and trousers dry and also nice and warm too